Jump to content

ANOTHER Collection Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted

It's almost been 2 whole weeks since the last collection happened. Too long. This came straight from FB naturally, a buy was agreed before I even collected the Volvo.

Hints:

- Cheapest I've ever seen

- Needs a trailer to be collected.

- Fastest vehicle in its category IN THE WORLD at launch, although not quite the most powerful (the competition beat it by 3hp without delivering similar performance numbers)

- The fact that it doesn't have heated seats is quite incredible

Posted
20 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

Fastest vehicle in its category IN THE WORLD at launch, although not quite the most powerful (the competition beat it by 3hp without delivering similar performance numbers)

Vectra VXR

 

Posted
21 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

The fact that it doesn't have heated seats is quite incredible

Saab 9-5 aero hot.?

Posted

DAF 44?

Nah - got to be Germanski thingy, SL55 or a CL63

 

Posted

ZZR1100?

  • Like 1
Posted
42 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

ZZR1100?

the 173 mph ones from the 90's

Posted

1985 Stutz Bearcat?

Standard 10?

Posted

Citroen CX turbo diesel? 

Posted
3 hours ago, Schaefft said:

Fastest vehicle in its category IN THE WORLD at launch, although not quite the most powerful (the competition beat it by 3hp without delivering similar performance numbers)

E-type, or Stratos?

Posted

Montego Turbo? The mention of trailer reinforced my suspicions.

Posted

There is definitely some turbocharging involved! I'm not sure if most of the cars above would qualify as fastest in the world within their wider category (as in fasted accelerating from 0-62mph) but certainly some interesting guesses!

20 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

E-type, or Stratos?

 

2 minutes ago, D.E said:

Lotus Carlton!

I wonder what the cheapest example of either of these would cost in 2026?

Posted

Countax LawnBiter 3000 wide-deck ride-on mower with hydrostatic drive and Briggs & Stratton 10hp because 13hp would have been truly reckless.

Posted

Nah, I reckon he's getting a bit fed up luxobarges. I'm gonna say 1998 Dacia 1310.

Dacia-1310-Romania-1998.jpg.10f471f319f8e162f240304a9fef65a8.jpg

I mean, look at it, whats not to like about it?

Posted

Schaefft collection threads are best collection threads as his taste is virtually impeccable.

With that in mind, I'm going for Volvo 850 T5 or Audi RS2.

Posted

Mercedes w116 300SD, US spec with huge bumpers in a 70s shade of beige.

  • Like 3
Posted

And we are off! First stop, petrol station. Unavoidable in a diesel V8 unfortunately!

IMG_20260823_100642.jpg

Posted

70 miles in, about 3 hours to go. As usual we are heading south for today's collection!

IMG_20260823_111459.jpg

  • Like 4
Posted

Claude says it's a Lotus Carlton 🤣

But then Claude was also absolutely sure that the car in its class which had 3bhp more was a Corvette.

Fuck you, Claude.

Posted

My actual guess is a P2 V70R.

I guess the S60R had way more powerful rivals than the wagon.

Posted
13 minutes ago, ProgRocker said:

Mercedes-Benz 600 SEL ?

I would love a 600SEL. I don't think there was anything more powerful than it at the time though. Also I'm happy with my 500SEL ha!

6 minutes ago, warninglight said:

Claude says it's a Lotus Carlton 🤣

But then Claude was also absolutely sure that the car in its class which had 3bhp more was a Corvette.

Fuck you, Claude.

Claude doesn't know that I can't afford a rust bucket Lotus Carlton!

Not sure if a Volvo V70R would beat anything from Audi?

I think today's car will surprise many considering my claims above. They are all true though.

Posted

Thank God I'm not traveling by train today! I briefly considered it since the car is drivable.

If you are wondering what breakfast looked like today, it was jam on toast. I also brought these mystery snacks I bought heavily discounted from the Asian supermarket yesterday:

IMG_20260823_122914.jpg

Posted

Mystery Asian snacks are best snacks.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Posted

I really hope its an old v8 R129 SL but there were probably swifter things in class at launch. 

Posted

Original Volvo T5?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...