AnnoyingPentium Posted July 28 Posted July 28 With the demise of the Skoda after 5½ years and 68k miles, I've had to pull the trigger on a new (to me, obviously) sensible daily. It's been viewed by @Ghosty on my behalf and I've been told it's bloody tidy. Some of you already know what it is as I can't hold my own water, but don't spoil the wonderful* surprise. The time at writing is 0814 hours and my lift should arrive at 0900... I probably should get out of bed. PicantoJon, bangernomics, 5speedracer and 17 others 19 1
EyesWeldedShut Posted July 28 Posted July 28 Lift? OTIS or Schindler? These things matter My guess is ...... Japanese, estate - possibly a Totota with badermatic AnnoyingPentium, High Jetter and PicantoJon 3
AnnoyingPentium Posted July 28 Author Posted July 28 I think I'd rather spend five hours in an OTIS than a Corsa B on coilovers but I'm grateful nevertheless that I (hopefully) won't need to take a billion trains
EyesWeldedShut Posted July 28 Posted July 28 3 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said: a billion trains That'd only get you as far as Glasgow Central, shirley? yes oui si and AnnoyingPentium 2
AnnoyingPentium Posted July 28 Author Posted July 28 5 minutes ago, EyesWeldedShut said: That'd only get you as far as Glasgow Central, shirley? ScotRail advice at the moment is to travel with a Tolstoy novel or similar. CaptainBoom, yes oui si, GrumpiusMaximus and 1 other 4
Supernaut Posted July 28 Posted July 28 I know what it is, as I've seen it elsewhere. It's actually a huge surprise I haven't quite recovered from yet. Really out of character for AnnoyingPentium to go for something like this. Should be an epic collection thread! Sunny Jim, PicantoJon, JMotor and 2 others 4 1
AnnoyingPentium Posted July 28 Author Posted July 28 6 minutes ago, wesacosa said: what happened to the Skoda 😬 The valves and pistons gave each other a bit of a Glesga kiss (timing chain went). UltraWomble, yes oui si and 5speedracer 1 2
AnnoyingPentium Posted July 28 Author Posted July 28 Morning doings done. Ian says he'll be here at 10, so time has been bought. PC: 1 GrumpiusMaximus and Sunny Jim 1 1
wesacosa Posted July 28 Posted July 28 1 minute ago, AnnoyingPentium said: The valves and pistons gave each other a bit of a Glesga kiss (timing chain went). blimey. I thought those chains would rattle away forever without giving up AnnoyingPentium 1
EyesWeldedShut Posted July 28 Posted July 28 Just now, wesacosa said: blimey. I thought those chains would rattle away forever without giving up You're thinking of the Ingenium Oh, wait ..... AnnoyingPentium and wesacosa 1 1
JMotor Posted July 28 Posted July 28 Chodspeed! I also know what it is. Got ma sources ya ken like! 47 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said: I think I'd rather spend five hours in an OTIS than a Corsa B on coilovers but I'm grateful nevertheless that I (hopefully) won't need to take a billion trains Pah! Nowt wrong with SMOL car equipped with coilovers on a long journey... AnnoyingPentium, GrumpiusMaximus, Split_Pin and 1 other 3 1
eddyramrod Posted July 28 Posted July 28 Scottyland? Must be one of these then... meshking, stuboy, GrumpiusMaximus and 7 others 7 3
AnnoyingPentium Posted July 28 Author Posted July 28 Ian rang me at about 0900 to tell me that's him just leaving Falkirk... ETA to here is about 1030. I knew I should have told him to get me at 6am. 🤣 GrumpiusMaximus, privatewire, yes oui si and 1 other 1 3
High Jetter Posted July 28 Posted July 28 Chodspeed, when you actually get moving... AnnoyingPentium 1
AnnoyingPentium Posted July 28 Author Posted July 28 3 minutes ago, High Jetter said: Chodspeed, when you actually get moving... Should be about 10 minutes, he says... Shite Ron 1
AnnoyingPentium Posted July 28 Author Posted July 28 First and hopefully only mode of transport acquired. 1999 Vauxhall Corsa Blown the fuse for the stereo so mooching one out of my old Fabia. privatewire, GrumpiusMaximus, Cavcraft and 7 others 10
bangernomics Posted July 28 Posted July 28 Something Manchester way hmm. Astra?Mercedes? AnnoyingPentium 1
Split_Pin Posted July 28 Posted July 28 If you're getting that Avensis I'll immediately be jealous of you and have to unfollow you on all platforms. AnnoyingPentium 1
AnnoyingPentium Posted July 28 Author Posted July 28 7 minutes ago, Split_Pin said: If you're getting that Avensis I'll immediately be jealous of you and have to unfollow you on all platforms. Not an Avensis, not sure it'll prompt jealousy either... you'll see 🤣 Split_Pin 1
JJ0063 Posted July 28 Posted July 28 Daewoo Nexia, for a change PicantoJon, GrumpiusMaximus and AnnoyingPentium 3
AnnoyingPentium Posted July 28 Author Posted July 28 4 minutes ago, JJ0063 said: Daewoo Nexia, for a change Wouldn't be much of a thread! It's about half an hour from me lol.
AnnoyingPentium Posted July 28 Author Posted July 28 Currently a mile from Southwaite. Adequate progress is being made. Rightnider, privatewire, MrGTI6 and 1 other 4
grogee Posted July 28 Posted July 28 May your windscreen washer fluid be topped up and your indicator bulbs flash brightly. I'm not 'in the know' but I hope it's one of these. AnnoyingPentium and eddyramrod 1 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now