Jump to content

Mk7 Fiesta - PURCHASED!


JJ0063

Recommended Posts

After a hectic weekend mrs JJ has set her heart on one of these.

 

We’ve already looked at almost every listing of every Fiesta within 100 miles of Norfolk on eBay, gumtree, AT and Facebook so only looking for replies from people that either have or know someone who may be selling.

Derv preferable - 1.4 or 1.6 however a small pez wouldn’t be an issue.

Max budget £2200.

Quite a few available that we are looking at but if someone’s got or knows of one coming up, talk to me.

Cheers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, JJ0063 said:

We’ve already looked at almost every listing of every Fiesta within 100 miles of Norfolk on eBay, gumtree, AT and Facebook so only looking for replies from people that either have or know someone who may be selling.

So what was wrong with all those within 100 miles of you ?   

My daughter's old one a white 3 door is coming up for sale but it's higher mileage at 160 k or so,  they are selling as it's been a temprimental/unreliable old dog their words not mine,  it wasn't that bad when it was around the 100k mark but maybe it's passed its best now.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dobloseven said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what age is a mk7 Fiesta?Occasionally come across cars on my travels,so I can look out. 

2008 onwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, garbaldy said:

So what was wrong with all those within 100 miles of you ?   

My daughter's old one a white 3 door is coming up for sale but it's higher mileage at 160 k or so,  they are selling as it's been a temprimental/unreliable old dog their words not mine,  it wasn't that bad when it was around the 100k mark but maybe it's passed its best now.  


Some of them are fine, others are either written off, shit condition, have red(!) dashboards, just not quite right. 
 

There’s a few contenders that look fine, I just posted because I know my luck - I’ll stick a post up next week saying we travelled 6 hrs to buy XYZ and someone will reply on here saying their brother or sister is about to sell theirs and they live on my street or something. No harm in keeping options open.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm keeping my eye out for an end of line Mk6 as the 2008 run out models had all the goodies and were tough as old boots, they do crop up with low mileages occasionally, my thinking is they'd be more sorted than the first year of a new model 

The used market is up the wall lately though :( 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, omegod said:

I'm keeping my eye out for an end of line Mk6 as the 2008 run out models had all the goodies and were tough as old boots, they do crop up with low mileages occasionally, my thinking is they'd be more sorted than the first year of a new model 

The used market is up the wall lately though :( 

 

My BiL has a late 5 door, dunno the spec but he was talking about moving it on. Will ask. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2022 at 1:18 PM, Crusty Sills said:

https://www.eama-norwich.co.uk/auction-dates/budget-car-auction-28-06-2022/detail/#/?pageSize=11&sortBy=lot_asc&saleCode=E1885&inSale=true&id=73167&reg=AP09JVL

 

At EAMA Wymondham tomorrow. 

 

I can have a wander round, start it, ask reserve if you like? 

 

 

 

Screenshot_20220627_132222_com.android.chrome.jpg


Thanks mate

 

For some reason the pics don’t load for me, has it got the horrible red dash? Nearly all of them that colour seem to and we both hate the dash unless it’s black. I’m also scared of auctions after being stung a few years back.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:


Thanks mate

 

For some reason the pics don’t load for me, has it got the horrible red dash? Nearly all of them that colour seem to and we both hate the dash unless it’s black. I’m also scared of auctions after being stung a few years back.

 

She likes this but the write up just screams cheesy car dealer, dunno. 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203988105129?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=UWXBtb0HQaq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=IaiIXmW2Rkq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

 

I’m the most sceptical when it comes to any dealer but, the car looks great. Despite the life story write up, seems to be a husband and wife team. Feedback is good too, so long as the obvious checks out in terms of service and maintenance history and records.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:


Thanks mate

 

For some reason the pics don’t load for me, has it got the horrible red dash? Nearly all of them that colour seem to and we both hate the dash unless it’s black. I’m also scared of auctions after being stung a few years back.

 

She likes this but the write up just screams cheesy car dealer, dunno. 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203988105129?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=UWXBtb0HQaq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=IaiIXmW2Rkq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

 

Yep maroon dash. 

I've only been bitten once at auction and that was more my fault. 

Had an ask and reserve £1200. A few surface rust issues on rear sills. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Crusty Sills said:

Yep maroon dash. 

I've only been bitten once at auction and that was more my fault. 

Had an ask and reserve £1200. A few surface rust issues on rear sills. 

I managed to use a different browser, Christ I’ve not seen rust like that on a Mk7 before. I wonder what the story is?! 
 

Id sooner pay more for a better example I think, really appreciate you finding out for me but that looks like it’s had a hard life. 
 

Spoken to the chap with the lime green one, seems a lovely guy. Has offered to deliver it personally if I can run him to the train station. Still negotiating price but has said he’d only want a deposit enough to cover fuel and that if we didn’t like it upon delivery, he’d refund us if it wasn’t as described. 
 

Think we’ll probably try and strike a deal, I like the fact that it’s had a clutch and it’s a dealer so you at least have some rights.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, omegod said:

I'm keeping my eye out for an end of line Mk6 as the 2008 run out models had all the goodies and were tough as old boots, they do crop up with low mileages occasionally, my thinking is they'd be more sorted than the first year of a new model 

The used market is up the wall lately though :( 

 

Excellent choice, great little cars those. 

I was still in Ford at that time and the standards of production were greatly increased on that model. 

Let's face it the mk3/4/5 were the same car running from 1989 so they needed to make that shape a good one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, sierraman said:

At £2200 it’ll be hard work finding one that’s straight. Loads of diesel ones that are fucked about but don’t go there. 

Yeah that’s why the one I linked seems like the one to go for, seems very genuine 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

Matey has just agreed on £2200 delivered to our door on the lime green machine

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203988105129?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=UWXBtb0HQaq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=IaiIXmW2Rkq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

 

Lets hope it’s not shit.

Bloody hell, that was some excellent negotiating - was it tough to get him to drop the price that much? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Dan29 said:

Bloody hell, that was some excellent negotiating - was it tough to get him to drop the price that much? 

With the mammoth description I couldn’t actually think of any questions to ask about the car itself so I just messaged asking for a quote on delivery as he offered it in the listing.

He replied saying they don’t use any kind of transport company, don’t ask for an X per mile rate etc, just that fuel is covered. He said to make an offer that we felt was fair for the car including delivery.

I replied explaining we have a £2200 budget available so I understand we might not quite be on the same page and thanked him.

 

This was the response. I replied again saying completely understand and don’t want to waste his time, to which he replied saying OK £2200 delivered is fine and he’ll contact me shortly to sort a day/time/deposit out.

He seems very kind but almost too kind which scares me. He’s sent me the HPI cert which the email address had his wife’s name on so I’ve done a bit of due dil and found them on Faceache. Seem a genuine family. Name looks to be Rav/Ravinder rather than Rob but I know a few Indian people who go by the English equivalent of their name so I do think it’s genuine.

2432F377-6028-4EE3-8A43-E2FB048C22A8.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds genuine to me, but my god what a load of tosh in the ebay advert! Is there a need for all that sales pap in this day and age when most car buyers are only interested in the "last price cash 2nite m8" etc etc!?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

he replied saying OK £2200 delivered is fine

Excellent - seems like a really good deal!

4 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Sounds genuine to me, but my god what a load of tosh in the ebay advert

It was quite a lot of flowery phrases and colourful fonts to negotiate, wasn't it 😂

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Sounds genuine to me, but my god what a load of tosh in the ebay advert! Is there a need for all that sales pap in this day and age when most car buyers are only interested in the "last price cash 2nite m8" etc etc!?

Totally agree, actually quite difficult to decipher through it all.

Filtering all the shit out, the car sounds ideal - not mental miles, fairly recent cambelt, newish clutch, nice enough albeit basic spec, cheap tax. 
 

My only worry, and I’m gonna see if I can catch him out is if he’s a dealer, how long has he personally had it. Streetview shows a Fiesta this colour in his driveway and streetview dates it Sept 21. Could be a good thing and it’s been their personal car.

 

I worry about everything.

 

 

48C687E2-8394-4CC2-9890-E5D07DC4492F.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

Totally agree, actually quite difficult to decipher through it all.

Filtering all the shit out, the car sounds ideal - not mental miles, fairly recent cambelt, newish clutch, nice enough albeit basic spec, cheap tax. 
 

My only worry, and I’m gonna see if I can catch him out is if he’s a dealer, how long has he personally had it. Streetview shows a Fiesta this colour in his driveway and streetview dates it Sept 21. Could be a good thing and it’s been their personal car.

 

I worry about everything.

 

 

48C687E2-8394-4CC2-9890-E5D07DC4492F.jpeg

This suggests to me it's a personal car: 

1217728288_Screenshot_20220627-2324312.thumb.png.3131524229d66a254e11c7091db86cd6.png

847563001_Screenshot_20220627-2324392.thumb.png.b2c5f919cf783a56293068bb6b765810.png

Usually if it's a car that a dealer has left sitting around for months, it'll show up as "untaxed" and the date shown will be the date it entered the trade. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Dan29 said:

It was quite a lot of flowery phrases and colourful fonts to negotiate, wasn't it 😂

I got lost half way through 🤣

Something something "magnificent motor car" 

Twat 

.... 😀😂

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RoverFolkUs said:

This suggests to me it's a personal car: 

1217728288_Screenshot_20220627-2324312.thumb.png.3131524229d66a254e11c7091db86cd6.png

847563001_Screenshot_20220627-2324392.thumb.png.b2c5f919cf783a56293068bb6b765810.png

Usually if it's a car that a dealer has left sitting around for months, it'll show up as "untaxed" and the date shown will be the date it entered the trade. 

That would add up.

 

HPI says ‘Start Date of Current Keeper
04/04/2017’ so if he obtained it in July 21 and registered it as in the trade.. that would tie in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not trying to put you off or owt, just on the face of it: 

They're a dealer but I can't find any info online about them apart from a very nonchalant Facebook page. Companies House doesn't seem to list a company of that name "RAN prestige cars" with the address on their eBay page. 

This sort of thing usually worries me, and I'd be inclined to suss out a bit more company info and how long they've approximately been trading before stepping any further. 

I'd pay by credit card if I were you, just to be on the safe side. Don't be afraid to pay half and half with someone else if you get them to use their card and simply pay them back, if you calculate all the protection amounts, which I forget off the top of my head. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

That would add up.

 

HPI says ‘Start Date of Current Keeper
04/04/2017’ so if he obtained it in July 21 and registered it as in the trade.. that would tie in.

Oh 🤔 it's a duplicate logbook then.

When a car goes into trade, a V5 is not issued. So someone has possibly duplicated a lost V5, then he's bought it and kept it in trade and simply taxed it to use it without trade plates or they've owned it since 2017 and simply moved house last year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Not trying to put you off or owt, just on the face of it: 

They're a dealer but I can't find any info online about them apart from a very nonchalant Facebook page. Companies House doesn't seem to list a company of that name "RAN prestige cars" with the address on their eBay page. 

This sort of thing usually worries me, and I'd be inclined to suss out a bit more company info and how long they've approximately been trading before stepping any further. 

I'd pay by credit card if I were you, just to be on the safe side. Don't be afraid to pay half and half with someone else if you get them to use their card and simply pay them back, if you calculate all the protection amounts, which I forget off the top of my head. 

I think sometimes I look into things too much. 
 

Their eBay feedback I noticed a few times mentioned people being pleased with the car etc so they’ve sold cars in the past.

The HPI shows the company name on it too.

I don’t know how much else I can find out, I know the wife’s first and the family surname, and I  have worked out his first name albeit not 100% on spelling 

 

BF820F14-5E51-42D8-A5AE-10CCADF72852.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JJ0063 said:

I think sometimes I look into things too much. 
 

Their eBay feedback I noticed a few times mentioned people being pleased with the car etc so they’ve sold cars in the past.

The HPI shows the company name on it too.

I don’t know how much else I can find out, I know the wife’s first and the family surname, and I  have worked out his first name albeit not 100% on spelling 

 

BF820F14-5E51-42D8-A5AE-10CCADF72852.jpeg

The HPI check was done on 28/07/21 🤔 so the keeper bit now makes sense. They must have done the HPI when they bought it. 

I agree it's very easy to look into these things too much and start stressing! 

The mileage at the last MOT in march 22 was 122k. Mileage as advertised now - 122k. So it's not been used (much) recently 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...