Jump to content

Mk7 Fiesta - PURCHASED!


JJ0063

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, tom13 said:

@JJ0063 buy Jamie's Fiesta on here. We had the exact same car for years with a slightly higher trim package and it was great. One of the best turn key cars we ever had and it drove great as well.

She’s not keen on that shape unfortunately 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2022 at 8:13 AM, Wgl2019 said:

I really wouldn't worry about the sellers personal circumstances or unusual way he runs his business....... If the car is what you want and checks out when you see it in person that's what matters.

This may just be a way for them to make a bit of extra cash on the side in which case some of the services offered (delivery and fuel deposit) don't need to cover a full time wage.

I retract my previous post!

Why describe something as perfect when it clearly is not. I appreciate personal expectations and assessments may vary but conveniently forgetting about a shit respray would make me wonder what other minor* points were deemed unimportant.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

She’s not keen on that shape unfortunately 

For the price, though, you could do a lot worse. You've just demonstrated this morning that you can do a lot worse for more.

Perhaps a compromise is required if you really do need a car right this minute.

I.e. just buy that one from Jamie FFS!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

For the price, though, you could do a lot worse. You've just demonstrated this morning that you can do a lot worse for more.

Perhaps a compromise is required if you really do need a car right this minute.

I.e. just buy that one from Jamie FFS!

It’s not that we NEED one this minute, if the right car doesn’t come up then we have the scirocco and the camper so can muddle through, it’s just not ideal driving a 6.4m XLWB high roof van to do the shopping if ambers at work in the VW, but I’d rather that than the hassle of buying a car she doesn’t like, then having to sell it again when something she does like comes up.

 

We have to remember I’m the Shiter, she’s normal.. 😂

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I was looking for my C4, I must have viewed a dozen, easily, prices from 4k-8k+ mileage from 70k to 150k. 

oh my fucking god, there were some dogs amongst this lot i saw. the one, 2nd furthest away that I looked at, I asked the garage several times what the body was like and any previous accident damage, their reply was nope, 'it's a really straight car, you'll be hard to find better' and this was a higher mileage, lower spec car at above average price. 

It wasn't even a 10 footer, the whole passenger side had been resprayed, and honest to god my lad could have done a better job just by watching youtube videos, the paint had been missed where the door has a curve in it, the masking of said job was a utter joke, they'd not even bothered to do between the doors, they'd just sprayed all the rubbers, hair in the lacquer.  I didnt even have the keys off the sales chap, pointed out half a dozen flaws and left. wasted a good 4 hours on that bloody thing. inconvenienced family with child care etc, 

this guy sounds like he was hoping you'd have just taken it. most of my family and friends would have missed 90% of the stuff you've mentioned and been lumbered with it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First thing Amber said when I phoned her was that we will go in person to view the next one 😂

Agreeing to have it delivered was always my biggest concern, and rightly so it seems.

I said to him that I’d have still taken if there was the odd scuff or scrape but a poor repair is worse than no repair IMO. How do I know it wasn’t in an accident and been repaired all round. I nearly went and got my fishing magnet to check for filler but I didn’t want to waste my time - I knew within about 2 mins of seeing it that I wasn’t buying it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably no consolation but my mum bought one from trade centre for a heck of a lot more, super low miles etc and it's been back to the dealer no end of times, ended up needed a new engine... Sometimes it just feels fucking impossible to buy something decent 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What about a Mazda 2? Basically the same as a mk7 Fiesta, slightly different engine choices. Some funky colours too. I took one from 110k to 165k in 2 years and nothing broke. Aunt still has it and it's on over 170k. 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LessThanEqual said:

What about a Mazda 2? Basically the same as a mk7 Fiesta, slightly different engine choices. Some funky colours too. I took one from 110k to 165k in 2 years and nothing broke. Aunt still has it and it's on over 170k. 

 

 

We’ll have a sit down tonight and look at options I think. She is unfortunately quite picky but basically wants something with £30 a year tax, decent MPG and no bigger than Astra size. I could reel off a load but she’s still fussy.

She does like the Astra J 1.7/2.0 but I’ve owned a couple myself and although they’re pleasant, they are known to be ticking timebombs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd still have got that local Astra H and been done with it...

Not as if this really needs to be a car that needs to be owned for life/many years. 

She's fussy as she will just be happy driving your car!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

We’ll have a sit down tonight and look at options I think. She is unfortunately quite picky but basically wants something with £30 a year tax, decent MPG and no bigger than Astra size. I could reel off a load but she’s still fussy.

She does like the Astra J 1.7/2.0 but I’ve owned a couple myself and although they’re pleasant, they are known to be ticking timebombs 

£30 tax is a bit of a tall order, limits you to a small engine diesel or a C1/Aygo/106. I know ladies like to be picky about vehicles, even if the car is 5x better than what they want then it's bound to be the wrong colour etc 😂

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202201061056683

 

That would be my choice but obviously it's £165 tax. Almost identical to my old one bar the colour. Easy to shove in a double din if you want Car Play etc. Peterborough bomb sites in general seem to have a few Fiestas and the like in stock which shouldn't be too bad of a trek from Norwich.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, LessThanEqual said:

£30 tax is a bit of a tall order, limits you to a small engine diesel or a C1/Aygo/106. I know ladies like to be picky about vehicles, even if the car is 5x better than what they want then it's bound to be the wrong colour etc 😂

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202201061056683

 

That would be my choice but obviously it's £165 tax. Almost identical to my old one bar the colour. Easy to shove in a double din if you want Car Play etc. Peterborough bomb sites in general seem to have a few Fiestas and the like in stock which shouldn't be too bad of a trek from Norwich.

There’s actually more cheap tax ones than you’d think, I was actually quite surprised. She did say it’s just a bonus having the cheap tax but if she can get it, why not.. which I agree with tbh. 
 

We’re near Swaffham so shooting over to Peterborough isn’t an issue, I just have dealt with Peterborough car dealers before and can’t say I’m in a rush to do it again.

 

In an ideal world id actually prefer to buy private, as in proper private not someone on marketplace selling 10 cars from their driveway 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 500tops said:

I reckon it would be easier to find a new missus than appease the current one 😂

She’s proper laid back 😂 I put money on if she would have been here this morning she would have said just take the Fiesta! 
 

She’s fussy on liking a type of car, once she likes X Y or Z, she won’t care what particular spec or engine!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, J W Pepper said:

@JJ0063Have you thought of a Seat Ibiza or other VAG car similar, speaking from experience, they are very good cars, economical, easy to work on/maintain

2007 Red SEAT Ibiza 1.4 16v Formula Sport 5dr for sale for £1,795 in Uckfield, East Sussex (autotrader.co.uk)

Image 1 of 18

Image 7 of 18

She used to love the Ibiza back in the day. If there was a PD one I reckon she’d consider it. She wants something that will do 50-60MPG 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 1.4 petrol can reasonably easily get 50mpg. Your budget isn't far off the newer version of Ibiza (2008+). I'm keeping an eye out for one myself as they're a pretty new looking car still while being a reasonable price. 

The later 1.4 is less tax. Iirc £165 per year, so not ridiculous. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JJ0063 said:

 

He wouldn’t leave, I ended up giving him £50 to cover his fuel.

 

Odd choice. Car not described, you pay him for wasting your time? 🧐 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did suggest...

I wouldn’t have given him the £50, if he’d have started refusing to leave I’d have told him in no uncertain terms to get back in the car in next 5 minutes if he wanted to be leaving under his own steam. 

You will find something good locally or indeed on here, take your time and it will come. I genuinely brought my concerns up because to my mind it had all the hallmarks of a chancer. Keep your chin up you’ll find the right car. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, SmokinWaffle said:

Odd choice. Car not described, you pay him for wasting your time? 🧐 

I did regret it when I came in and sat down but meh, it’s done with. He kept implying as though I was expecting a showroom condition car although it’s 13 years old - I almost started to believe I was just being picky then realised that no it just wasn’t as described! 
 

11 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I did suggest...

I wouldn’t have given him the £50, if he’d have started refusing to leave I’d have told him in no uncertain terms to get back in the car in next 5 minutes if he wanted to be leaving under his own steam. 

I agree, trouble is I was on my own, I’m a 5’10 weed and he was about 6’7 and probably 20 stone. I don’t exactly look like a threat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good afternoon Jordan, 

My father has a wonderful unmarked fiesta for you your lady would truly love waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle wafflewaffle waffle waffle wafflewaffle waffle waffle wafflewaffle waffle waffle waffle

I will deliver to you for three shillings and half a penny. 

I bid you Good day, 

James 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Good afternoon Jordan, 

My father has a wonderful unmarked fiesta for you your lady would truly love waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle wafflewaffle waffle waffle wafflewaffle waffle waffle wafflewaffle waffle waffle waffle

I will deliver to you for three shillings and half a penny. 

I bid you Good day, 

James 

@JJ0063Its in writing take him up on this. Barg!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

I did regret it when I came in and sat down but meh, it’s done with. He kept implying as though I was expecting a showroom condition car although it’s 13 years old - I almost started to believe I was just being picky then realised that no it just wasn’t as described! 
 

I agree, trouble is I was on my own, I’m a 5’10 weed and he was about 6’7 and probably 20 stone. I don’t exactly look like a threat.

Fair point but what’s the upshot if you said ‘no, fuck off’

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...