collection mission to SPAIN!!!! COMPLETED IT M8

Mr_Bo11ox

30 minutes ago, chadders said:

North Walsham?

Yep.  As far as I can tell it's the only road called Laundry Loke anywhere in the country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If that 'Micro car fixer' was in Britain, he'd be shirtless with a 24 pack of Carling on the floor and 7/10ths of his arse hanging out of his jeans.

So four hours on from when Mr B last posted, hopefully homing in somewhere near his mum's gaff by now....

Surely next stage on collecsun threads is GPS tracking...

3 minutes ago, egg said:

Didn't Fowler already do that on one of his threads?

He needs to use the Waze app, and use the feature “share my journey”. Post the link on here…… etc. 

Just now, sutty2006 said:

He needs to use the Waze app, and use the feature “share my journey”. Post the link on here…… etc. 

Better something like the iPhone stalk my wife Find My app - that only shows location not the intended journey. Gotta keep some mystery in life?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, wuvvum said:
32 minutes ago, egg said:

Didn't Fowler already do that on one of his threads?

11 minutes ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Better something like the iPhone stalk my wife Find My app - that only shows location not the intended journey. Gotta keep some mystery in life?

when @st185cs was very kindly moving REV about for me, he used that feature so I could track his every move by GPS :)  

then we can all stalk Bollox and the mighty brown shitbox that could :mrgreen:

• Haha 2

I feel that the technology level of the mission should match the car, ergo no GPS.

A postcard that arrives 2 weeks later and a telegram that says GOT TO DOVER SAFELY, STOP

I've just been upstairs to throw all my books away. None of them are a patch on this thread.

I'm going to print it out later.

13 minutes ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

After about an hour of driving and stressing I went past this place.

20240510_184413.jpg.93409d1d08f53580f3689f7bcb26e8f9.jpg

Sorry to hear about the blowout.

I know that place! Moulismes, a handy stopping point when travelling between the A10 and A20. I saw this 504 there last year:

Peugeot 504 GL

2 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Sorry to hear about the blowout.

I know that place! Moulismes, a handy stopping point when travelling between the A10 and A20. I saw this 504 there last year:

Peugeot 504 GL

Yes!!!! The 504 is still there!!!

Streetview shows they had a Bluebird 910 in the yard back in 2022, sadly gone last year:

image.png.e82fe6c357e5231a23e4b885879c2c0f.png

• Like 3

I don't know who it was that mentioned the farty exhaust sound on these things but they were right, it does make a great sound. Also the gear shift is really baulky and unhelpful so I've taken to double declutching on the downshifts to help it along. It all makes for a great 1970s sitcom badly-dubbed car soundtrack

That middle area of France seems to contain a lot of older stuff. Away from the northern and coastal climates, and not overly rugged or demanding terrain.

• Like 3

Just looking on EBay, £130 will get you a set of 4 brand new Toyo 155/70 × 13 hoops, wish id never looked now

No...Mr.B.

Two keeping you going are worth [..more than] four on the W.W.W. ... 😉

Ariston.... &..&..&..

🚙💨

You're quite right there Savvy, I was convinced there was no chance of finding some new tyres that would do the job, I was all out of ideas so finding these was like a flipping lottery win 

..... Yes, MonAmi.

*Get those fuc#inn RH lamps out of the Bloo scrapper though 👍

🚙💨

1 minute ago, tooSavvy said:

..... Yes, MonAmi.

*Get those fuc#inn RH lamps out of the Bloo scrapper though 👍

🚙💨

I don't think I can be bothered TBH, the headlamps that are in, are so hopelessly dim that I'm not worried about dazzling anyone with them!!!!!

I’ve always been quite disciplined in not looking on here during working hours but that’s gone out the window since Wednesday. Epic thread by the legend @Mr_Bo11ox. Thank you sir and Godspeed!

28 minutes ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Just looking on EBay, £130 will get you a set of 4 brand new Toyo 155/70 × 13 hoops, wish id never looked now

A non-emergency purchase might have been better value, but can you put a price on adventure?

47 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

That middle area of France seems to contain a lot of older stuff. Away from the northern and coastal climates, and not overly rugged or demanding terrain.

Possibly due to the 'empty diagonal'

1024px-Carte_d%C3%A9mographique_de_la_Fr

14 minutes ago, Wibble said:

I’ve always been quite disciplined in not looking on here during working hours but that’s gone out the window since Wednesday.

Tell me about it ! I had a high-stakes job interview yesterday afternoon, but instead of brushing up on my management speak or memorising the company strategy and organograms I spent the entire morning checking the progress of Mr B's madcap adventure.