Xantia replacement live collection

Saabnut

Morning All

It is that time again where collections need to be made. The Xantia has signed its own death warrant so reliable and practical replacement is required. The journey to collect it involves three trains with little time between them, so the risk is high. If all goes to plan I will be there mid afternoon. If not, as I am a cheapskate and bought cheap fixed train tickets.......

Important stuff to start the day. PC = 1

Breakfast was just a cupof coffee, might pick up something on the way

IMG_10121.JPG.9448e23053e70d39e530cbc72f53fd65.JPG

Full breakdown kit packed

IMG_10111.JPG.6aeaa4f12dfdf283927951069bf44b41.JPG

Soon be time to go.....

Made it to the station and no rain as a bonus. Battery disconnected not as an anti theft measure but to give it a hope of starting when I get back to it!

IMG_1014.jpeg.6e58b0181271cd7b245a94f1a4ac8fe1.jpeg

Obviously good luck with the collection etc and hope its something interesting/fun/useful, but i cant quite get away from the fact i think im still going to like the Xantia better despite the 'issues'

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Stinkwheel said:

Obviously good luck with the collection etc and hope its something interesting/fun/useful, but i cant quite get away from the fact i think im still going to like the Xantia better despite the 'issues'

Marvellous 🤩 when do you want to collect it? 😎

I is an idiot - just checking the next stage and it turns out train number 2 is actually a bus 😞

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Saabnut said:

Marvellous 🤩 when do you want to collect it? 😎

I is an idiot - just checking the next stage and it turns out train number 2 is actually a bus 😞

dont tempt me, please, the other half is already a bit jumpy at vehicle numbers - Mind you, if anyone wants to bring it south and west ?

Ah a bus, i have heard tell of such things, as the great 'pitman' said  - 'great big germ wagon doing about 20 over a load of speed bumps' 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stinkwheel said:

dont tempt me, please, the other half is already a bit jumpy at vehicle numbers - Mind you, if anyone wants to bring it south and west ?

@Supernaut this help facilitate collection of something Fusion shaped?

Chod speed! 

Such a shame about the xantia. I mean I 100% get why it's scrap fodder but it's a car I'd love to own 😂 

Problem is it's either a nice weekends work and new parts and it's all fixed and a beautiful car with the right engine or... Its that same weekend but raining and it's still fucked after, and I can't afford those odds 😂

A shame about the Xantia… 

I’m taking a guess that your penchant for Saabs means it might be one of those…. 

38 minutes ago, Tickman said:

@Supernaut this help facilitate collection of something Fusion shaped?

Honestly, I'd be up for that.

@Stinkwheel do you want the Xantia delivered to your door? Only if you know of a car I can drive home in again.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

Honestly, I'd be up for that.

@Stinkwheel do you want the Xantia delivered to your door? Only if you know of a car I can drive home in again.

I'd better speak to @Saabnut and see what the score is first, i think hes a bit busy right now collecting an car 

Bloody kind offer though, will have to see what the actual logistics are before committing

• Like 2

ooh if there is a chance it will live on I will do what I can to help. 

Managed to avoid the bus and walked between Glasgow Queens St and Glasgow Central. First time I have had to do this and the app said bus when it is a 2 minute walk!

So now on the final train I hope

IMG_1017.jpeg.212dfc51fb056808003c07015792cb5a.jpeg

1 hour ago, brownnova said:

A shame about the Xantia… 

I’m taking a guess that your penchant for Saabs means it might be one of those…. 

Might be…………

Its quiet, either its a long way away or its broken already (hopefully not the 2nd)

I’m not :-) 

Destination achieved, nice cup of tea with @jonathan_dyane and then headed south. Stopped at my old university friends place in St Helens to top up with LPG and now waiting for another shiter to finish work so I can make my second collection after which I can start heading north. Only as far as Preston tonight

Picture near the next shifters place

IMG_1018.jpeg.6db3ea184ef15b4e2592b2c32dc231bc.jpeg

24 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Funk soul brother 

Thought it was ‘right about now’? I’m probably wrong… I’ve made up lyrics to songs all my life when I didn’t know the word 😂

I was doing some DIY last year and that awful Tom Walker song came on the radio with the lyric ‘It’s serotonin’… I changed it to ‘I’m siliconeing’, much better!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saabnut said:

Destination achieved, nice cup of tea with @jonathan_dyane and then headed south. Stopped at my old university friends place in St Helens to top up with LPG and now waiting for another shiter to finish work so I can make my second collection after which I can start heading north. Only as far as Preston tonight

Be as fast as I can mate 👍🏻

15 minutes ago, Saabnut said:

Not the Saab I was expecting, but top choice! Having run a 9000 for a few years I’m very keen to try a 9-5 at some point! 

6 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Not the Saab I was expecting, but top choice! Having run a 9000 for a few years I’m very keen to try a 9-5 at some point! 

Come to Prescott with a MSUK licence and take it up the hill!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Saabnut said:

Come to Prescott with a MSUK licence and take it up the hill!

@320touring was offering  that at Shitefest 2015 in the white bmw and didn't need no fancy bits of paper 😂

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

@320touring was offering  that at Shitefest 2015 in the white bmw and didn't need no fancy bits of paper 😂

Paper? The MSUK license you'd need for Prescott Hill is all electronic (and free) 

Made it to my overnight stop at my favourite hotel near Preston. Of course it has started to rain but I don’t care. A nice leisurely run back north tomorrow. 
Many thanks to @Tenmil Socket for the toolbox which will be most useful. For now, beer and food!

IMG_1019.jpeg.327b207955c3f68c81d0798bd9b44929.jpeg

That looks lovely (except the nearside headlamp which look yellow in the piccy). Is that a German emissions vignette in the window?

Most important: is it an Aero?