Live collection thread! Amelia's Adventure begins

Amelia

Have you christened it yet? Number plate suggests 'Rizla'  - but that's maybe not too pleasant.

Fleet here is currently the number plate inspired Vicky, Winnie and Lemmy (that's the ladies' cars) and I have The Barge and The Van. As you can see I am of little imagination :-)

1 hour ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Have you christened it yet? Number plate suggests 'Rizla'  - but that's maybe not too pleasant.

Fleet here is currently the number plate inspired Vicky, Winnie and Lemmy (that's the ladies' cars) and I have The Barge and The Van. As you can see I am of little imagination :-)

I tend not to do number plate or alliteration names, although I do sometimes go with colour. The Peugeot was called Jade.

I was thinking Cherry at first, but then literally while typing this message I figured it out!

She is called Scarlett ❤️

47 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I tend not to do number plate or alliteration names, although I do sometimes go with colour. The Peugeot was called Jade.

I was thinking Cherry at first, but then literally while typing this message I figured it out!

She is called Scarlett ❤️

I can go with that - best one we had was a 'Muriel' - Bini we collected up in Stockport, on the way home I looked in my rear view mirror and saw my wife laughing her head off. Thought then 'yup the car's just named itself'. It had.
Only car she's owned that never got named was a Pug 206SW 1.4 HDi that was hers for three years. I called that one 'ungrateful bastard' but that's another story....

The 1.4 MPI unit in these rarely seems to give much trouble which is good, and they're a damn sight better than the 1.2 6v offering. Cambelt change is straightforward, normal servicing is also cheap and easy for a modern car

Nice enough to drive in their own way, main thing that seems to go wrong on them is the electric power steering, done a few, fairly straightforward job but the part (electro-hydraulic pump) is about £250/300 for an exchange unit.. could be worse!

On 30/01/2024 at 16:31, Dobloseven said:

The two Foxes!Belonged to a friend of MrsDs who decided to give up driving.Told her I'd have it without question.Bit sad Amelia missed the Astra,the other week so gave her first dibs on it before throwing it to the wolves as it were.See what I did there!IMG_20240130_132517528.thumb.jpg.485942e64f10df9477f2d69dd940c45e.jpg

foxy !