FSO Polonez at Anglia Car Auctions

Timewaster

3 hours ago, Adrian_pt said:

Yep. Ultimately with 1.2 million Poles in the UK there will be some with the nostalgia _and_ the cash. It'll make good coin and has been well advertised,

I’d figure many would shudder at the thought of going back to that standard of living, working your bollocks off for years with the possibility of getting together the deposit for a Polonez. 

I've always been a bit of a never meet your heros type, and it has always stood me in good stead; was bitterly disappointed by the Maestro, the Datsun Cherry, the Triumph Acclaim and most disturbingly Skizzer's gorgeous manual SD1 V8 among others, but the FSO Polonez pleasantly surprised me about how not entirely shit it was. I quite liked it.

The other two examples in the "met my hero and was not disappointed" were the Ford Cargo and the Duple 425, which probably says a lot about my largely questionable tastes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 10:22, cms206 said:

The other two examples in the "met my hero and was not disappointed" were the Ford Cargo and the Duple 425, which probably says a lot about my largely questionable tastes.

I thought the Ford Cargo was a cracking thing to drive.  Not driven a Duple 425, or any other big bus for that matter, so can't comment on those.

On 09/10/2023 at 18:06, sierraman said:

I’d figure many would shudder at the thought of going back to that standard of living, working your bollocks off for years with the possibility of getting together the deposit for a Polonez. 

In my experience a lot of the people with nostalgia for the "good old days" are people too young to properly remember them.

• Like 2

I'm going to guess 1100 quid. It seems to be all there. Interesting back story.Been very well advertised. Obviously needs a lot of bodywork, but flat panels and straight edges, so shouldn't be too onerous.If the engine and box are no good, probably not to difficult to fit parts from something else. But would be good if it could live on in original form. 

36 minutes ago, Steviemillar said:

Crikey!!

IMG_0254.png

No way! Well, I am properly astounded!! Someone out there has been smoking something very, very strong or has balls of steel! [I wonder if he's married, and if he is, will he remain so?]

On 09/10/2023 at 18:56, vulgalour said:

...and yet there are people who willingly go out and buy [insert BL/ARG/BMC product here].

But i like BL/BMC/ARG products 🙂

There are a few knocking around Peterborough, as you might imagine. 
If there are BeamNG fans, someone's modelled almost the entire Polonez/Caro range into the game: 

https://www.beamng.com/threads/fso-polonez-aka-fps-trapez.82134/

And, for good measure, er...the entire factory so you can nose dive out of the final inspection pit if you want. Another modder used LIDAR data to map out Heaton Park in Manchester. No, I've no idea either. 

https://www.beamng.com/resources/fso-factory.13645/

I used yet another mod to fit solid fuel rockets to a Polonez in game, where it was surprisingly effective as a hydroplane (bit like a budget Polish Ekranoplan)...

Screenshot2023-11-09000553.thumb.png.d168c0a18e4bb6c969a66a3bb3e05cf0.png

Screenshot2023-11-09000627.thumb.png.1482c641a2d9645e1878ff13f67ac990.png

Er... never mind. 

Screenshot2023-11-09000759.thumb.png.3e84b808499574b479d90b13536fde91.png

Fuck.