THE GUBBERMINT ALWAYS KNOWS BEST

Let me get this straight Ted, Your only means of transport is a old Micra

Thought he had a Citroen C8 not too long ago?

200312_10150148956507838_667022837_6584312_3917196_n.jpg

The Wifes all singing all dancing 3 year old C8 (which I paid for)

46700_431700292837_667022837_4933666_4583885_n.jpg

My non singing, non dancing Micra.

Ah, I missed that you had the C8, Still, £1k on a sofa is quite mad, Land of leather do some good deals, you could have got a good one for £1000 if you/she really wanted.

Also is your Micra meant to be hanging half of the ramps like that?. :shock:

Made the mistake of trying to fix the Range Rover's non-functioning heater blower. After a fair old number of minutes, I'd generated this much mess.

320098_10150347411523200_640023199_9720769_2245262_n.jpg

In theory, there should be a resistor pack in the wiring loom somewhere - attached to the underside of the scuttle panel. I've got nothing there at all. Traced what I think is the correct part of the loom and discovered this.

294762_10150347411563200_640023199_9720771_2290552_n.jpg

I would LOVE for this to be entirely the wrong connector, but it goes from here straight into the heater blower unit - which suggests that it is the right bit. Feeling very demoralised now as getting the dash out was a pain in the arse and it looks like being wasted effort. Gah!

In other news, pulling the wings off the 2CV, re-torquing the cylinder heads, checking the valve clearances and putting it all back together again took no time at all.

Someone been snipping away there in the past, Ian? Could you not get the dashboard end of that from a scrappy, join the wires up and see what happens?

Today being off work we decided to go get some shit for the house. New door and some other crap, so we jump in the Transit and the bloody battery's flat! Secretly I think the missus was happy about this as she'd not minutes before pointed out various stains on the seat and was wearing white trousers.

After a good 18 months of neglect the cortina has finally had some TLC. I fitted a new front wing today about six months after a toerag smashed into it in Aberdeen. Actually I'm almost glad he did as the wing was rotten anyway and on removing it I've discovered the wing rail needs a patch.

For now though I've bolted the new one on and quite enjoying the Onslow look! I'll have at down to my mate's in kirkcaldy to get it properly lined up and painted in a couple of weeks.

It also has a set of wolfrace slotmags waiting to go on, they arrived last week but I've not got round to fitting them yet. Once the wings are painted, wheels are on and ive given it a good clean and polish (which it desperately needs) It'll be ready for summer just in time for summer to be over!

IMG_0434.jpg

That's for afterwards. It's less exciting if you use it first.

500px-Wkd.jpg

And from a Truck Driver as well; You'll be calling the Mrs Sonia Claim before too long Warren :?

Anyway, this very day I bought my first vehicle of a post '51' reg type, a ZERO FOUR Ford Ka, 131.000 miles, one owner, scraped down both sides, utterly unlikeable mobile turd, rang 5 times about an 86 Astra 1.2, 37.000 miles, one owner etc etc to be told; "Its gone, gone gone, HELLO, IS ANYONE THERE??" and settled on the Ka shortly afterwards, got a bad feeling about it, not helped by the fact it was 1st reg'd on Friday 13th August 2004;

Yours faithfully,

Arnie Cunningham :twisted:

After a good 18 months of neglect the cortina has finally had some TLC. I fitted a new front wing today about six months after a toerag smashed into it in Aberdeen. Actually I'm almost glad he did as the wing was rotten anyway and on removing it I've discovered the wing rail needs a patch.

For now though I've bolted the new one on and quite enjoying the Onslow look! I'll have at down to my mate's in kirkcaldy to get it properly lined up and painted in a couple of weeks.

It also has a set of wolfrace slotmags waiting to go on, they arrived last week but I've not got round to fitting them yet. Once the wings are painted, wheels are on and ive given it a good clean and polish (which it desperately needs) It'll be ready for summer just in time for summer to be over!

IMG_0434.jpg

Snap :)

RRG11137.jpg

Made the mistake of trying to fix the Range Rover's non-functioning heater blower. After a fair old number of minutes, I'd generated this much mess.

320098_10150347411523200_640023199_9720769_2245262_n.jpg

In theory, there should be a resistor pack in the wiring loom somewhere - attached to the underside of the scuttle panel. I've got nothing there at all. Traced what I think is the correct part of the loom and discovered this.

294762_10150347411563200_640023199_9720771_2290552_n.jpg

I would LOVE for this to be entirely the wrong connector, but it goes from here straight into the heater blower unit - which suggests that it is the right bit. Feeling very demoralised now as getting the dash out was a pain in the arse and it looks like being wasted effort. Gah!

In other news, pulling the wings off the 2CV, re-torquing the cylinder heads, checking the valve clearances and putting it all back together again took no time at all.

I think you might have a conventional resistor pack mounted in the fans airflow, I have my old Rangy hanging around, (H reg non-aircon) waiting for me to snag a few final parts before I get shot, the heater fan worked ok, if you're not in any mad hurry I could see if the fan wiring untangles in one piece, you could ignore what some snip happy madman has done and bypass the whole lot.

Or install a Punkawalla.

Dave, you should have let me sort it al out for you.....

Yeah but it's quite satisfying to do it yourself! It'll have to come back off again to get the wing rail patched but apart from that its all good under there.. The guy before me had exensively undersealed it which is paying dividends for me now - I was expecting to find a good few horrors, but no.

Genuine Ford Wing so actually the gaps are pretty damn good just bolted straight on... Much better than running about with the battered wing ( which was so rotten it more or less came off in bits)

Road trip about to begin, Cavalier chosen as the steed as I fancy the autobox will make for a nicer journey and it's more comfortable than the Audi. If you see a baldy, miserable looking old twat in a maroon Vauxhall around Lancashire, Lincolnshire, the bits in between and Peterborough give me a wave.

Just home from a night shift and looking forward to a few days off and a camping to down south with the bairn. Bloody clutch is slipping. Brill.

Forgot I posted this. It fixed itself while I was away. Suspect carpet/pedal interface + tiredness, or possibly some kind of weirdy fluid got on it somehow, but it's not slipping now so I don't care any more. Yay!

All the best problems fix themselves. 100% fact.

I missed it too, it appears to be an Audi 80 Avant 1.9 TD- the best one of the bunch IMHO!

Aye that's the one. Tell you what though didnt miss it one bit today as the Cavalier has done me proud. Boring pro-vauxhall write up to follow.

Finally finished the micra today. Got the passenger side drop link fitted. Had to take an angle grinder to get the old one off as it was rusted to buggery. Managed to finish it all without getting too wet. Handles beautifully now and drives with no noises up front. Bonus is that after driving the VW the 1.3 micra feels like a ferrari ..

Also managed to fit the rear speakers which are factory standard version. Improve the listening 1000%. Had to put some dub on to double check and rock it all the way home.

Volvo had a new headlight wiper arm fitted with new blade. That means no more annoying squeaking :D