Austin Maestros

rwd

44 minutes ago, 406V6 said:

Great pic. With three Maestros on the drive and three garages behind, what delights are stored in the garages ?

I bet there's 3 more maestro's inside 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, 406V6 said:

Great pic. With three Maestros on the drive and three garages behind, what delights are stored in the garages ?

MG Maestros 

• Like 1

Always had a desire to own a late Maestro Turbo Diesel with the steel bumpers and 15" wheels. I cannot rationally explain this desire or intend to.

Like 'our' toyota, on sale hereabouts....

Realistically priced to someone who might *Afford = Have some cash left to *Rolling resto it  ;)

4 hours ago, LoftyvRS said:

Always had a desire to own a late Maestro Turbo Diesel with the steel bumpers and 15" wheels. I cannot rationally explain this desire or intend to.

I had one,and am therefore unable to help you explain or fulfil your desire. 

Despite the Maestro being a bit tragic I really do like them. They are 100% Autoshite Gold. Back in the day they were considered bangers pretty much straight away once they got over about 5 years, probably due to a combination of slapdash quality and a generally naff image. If I remember rightly the last 5-6 years of production they were pretty much scaled back to just the City and Clubman, the MG and HLS were jettisoned round about 90/91?

On 6/2/2021 at 5:45 PM, rwd said:

Definitely not my thing but seen these today

IMG_20210602_111824.jpg

There is (was) a house in Banwell in Somerset that had one of the biggest breeding colonies of Maestros surviving in the UK. 

• 3 weeks later...

Superb cars, had more than I care to remember over the years. You could pick up some fantastic examples for noting in the noughties. Not so much now though! 😄

I 'graduated' to Montegos for a while, which was great for slightly plusher interiors and the more substantial feel that a saloon car brings over a hatch back.

I still own two Maestros, though they are both off the road and have been for some years.

1443950828_April2011(4).thumb.jpg.64596dd878209f691b3a1807530fb491.jpg

April 2011.jpg

With A758 DGX.JPG

Holiday June July 2010 (98).jpg

DSCF0181.JPG

On 6/2/2021 at 5:45 PM, rwd said:

Definitely not my thing but seen these today

IMG_20210602_111824.jpg

That's in Banwell. You missed in the photo the huge amount of monarchy memorabilia on display in the window above!

Screenshot_20210620-153516.thumb.png.19df63ee074060a09e17243be85581b2.png

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, sierraman said:

Where did you take them in the 2nd to last shot?

It was only the one Maestro. The photo is taken at the side of the CV736 between Javea and Denia on the Costa Blanca.

1 hour ago, Austin-Rover said:

It was only the one Maestro. The photo is taken at the side of the CV736 between Javea and Denia on the Costa Blanca.

Bit of a rarity to have a Mk.1 LHD Maestro too.