Jump to content

Most stupid message while flogging a shiter


Alan Prost

Recommended Posts

Funny enough, the Halifax was where I got the notes to buy the Cortina - at the main branch in central Belfast.

They did give them to me, after 48hrs notice, but the cashier grumped and groaned rather unnecessarily the whole time.

Still - that was 14 years ago, I'm horrified to realise, so they've probably improved their customer service since!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I don't think that's a stupid question.  I mean I know it's been answered in the ad, but if something is as simple to test as finding a car battery and running two wires from it to the terminals, it does make one wonder why that hasn't been attempted.

Presumably because they are Lucas branded and the seller doesn't want to release any magic smoke left in them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

List my rental property is a scam, there are chodes out there posting listings to eg flats in London at slightly less than market rate.

Couple of variations of the scam, one is it's an Airbnb and they rent it for a day to do viewings and rinse as many deposits as possible, or 2 it doesn't exist at all and they are trying to get desperate people to send a deposit without viewing.

At which point Noah's account and burner phone are long gone and all the angry people are after you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

List my rental property is a scam, there are chodes out there posting listings to eg flats in London at slightly less than market rate.

Couple of variations of the scam, one is it's an Airbnb and they rent it for a day to do viewings and rinse as many deposits as possible, or 2 it doesn't exist at all and they are trying to get desperate people to send a deposit without viewing.

At which point Noah's account and burner phone are long gone and all the angry people are after you

Seems like an awful lot of trouble to get your hands on a Renault 19

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, sierraman said:

How funny would it be to put an advert up for an A3 or whatever, say a 60 plate S line for £800 and watch the mad fucking deals or offers for 74p that come in. 

Getting on for twenty years ago a friend had a Seat Leon for sale. It was put in a print publication for €4500, a reasonable price at the time but he accidentally put the price as €1500. And he still got offers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

Not strictly on topic, but a big shout out to all those on Marketplace who advertise their wrecked car as spares or repairs right at the scene of the accident .

Or on the back of a low loader/recovery truck  🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, JJ0063 said:

C0759AD7-D963-46C6-97D1-0E1742D52C2B.png

C2A0D7BB-DB62-4929-BAA2-D38257823A82.jpeg

669CA927-3F98-4D07-8A24-D7129E24E0E0.jpeg

6CFB4E53-4F57-49FE-889B-6788DB31A78F.jpeg

BD10B63B-4845-4691-BF8D-E99285AF8C50.jpeg
 

 

 

Tried to be as detailed as I could, FB doesn’t allow enough characters so mentioned in the advert that the full details are in the pics. 
 

Matey replies:

 

89088B16-BAC7-4F13-9314-61297C627BC9.png
 

Why do I fucking bother?

to feed the spawn that swim in the pond of morons

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JJ0063 said:

C0759AD7-D963-46C6-97D1-0E1742D52C2B.png

C2A0D7BB-DB62-4929-BAA2-D38257823A82.jpeg

669CA927-3F98-4D07-8A24-D7129E24E0E0.jpeg

6CFB4E53-4F57-49FE-889B-6788DB31A78F.jpeg

BD10B63B-4845-4691-BF8D-E99285AF8C50.jpeg
 

 

 

Tried to be as detailed as I could, FB doesn’t allow enough characters so mentioned in the advert that the full details are in the pics. 
 

Matey replies:

 

89088B16-BAC7-4F13-9314-61297C627BC9.png
 

Why do I fucking bother?

Selling a broken Mini takes a special level of patience, I've been there. Its unreal.

Thankfully a human being from here came to my rescue and bought it from me and sent one of the most careful transporters I've ever met to collect it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

Selling a broken Mini takes a special level of patience, I've been there. Its unreal.

Thankfully a human being from here came to my rescue and bought it from me and sent one of the most careful transporters I've ever met to collect it!

I don’t expect it to sell at all, especially not for £900 😂 purely trying my luck as I’ve seen a couple of spares/repairs ones go for £6-700.

Someone did offer a ‘last price boss’ type £600 offer which in all honesty I’d take right now, but the car will be used until the tax runs out so I thought I’d see if any other offers come in, in the meantime.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...