The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Pillock - could well be a line fault. We got the whole "well, if it's a fault with your equipment, you'll get charged" line with our Plusnet service. Chap turned up, found a fault in the wire between the pole and our house, replaced it, replaced the telephone socket I'd mangled trying to access the test port. Result? No charge and internet three times faster than it was! Unfortunately, it still keeps dropping out occasionally, but it's so fast* we don't really care.

*Sometimes up to 3.2Mbps!

It's the wireless dropping, not the internet - it just revokes all the IP addresses it's dished out and needs a reboot. Anything wired (like my PS3) keeps the connection fine, and the TV keeps working so it can't be a line fault. When it's running I get 29.97Mb on a 30Mb connection so I can't argue.

It was more the fact they passed me blind to a chargeable service!

If they cold transferred you the person who did should \ will get fucked over in their quarterly review. Well, at my last place I would have done.

Despite running a mega virus scan and supposedly getting rid of all the shit on this laptop, it still wont let me run firefox as it's 'unsafe' so I'm stuck using this ancient version of IE that isn't supported by most websites anymore.

Not a huge PITA really but it's not my computer and I don't want to be responsible for fucking it up just because I spent 15 minutes looking at pictures of chubby hispanic ladyboys*

*other comedy niche fetishes are also available

The BBC, namely Adrian Van Klaveren, controller of Radio 5 Live.

Normally of a Sunday ante meridien, I enjoy having a read at the papers and listening to the sport review, and now and again the rather lovely Kate Silverton is on.

This morning: Stephen Fucking Nolan. Yet again he's on ranting about something he knows little or nothing about, ignoring points made by callers, misunderstanding texts and emails, and generally being an annoying cunt.

Prior to the birth of this fat bastard, his was a level of cuntishness thought to be only theoretically possible. Loads of my mates think he's great, especially for highlighting obesity. My retort is that Hitler was very nice to his dog, but one admirable attribute didn't stop him being a total CUNT.

Hitler killed his dog "Blondie" in the bunker, to test whether the cyanide pills would work for him and Eva. So much for his membership in PETA.......

Was this before or after 'spaghetti with a light sauce' ?

Thinking of a personal bunker of your own? Don't do it, man. Stay above grade.

bunkers are required.

i have built several - for commercial and personal use - but i dont have one of my own, yet

I am not entirely sure if this should be a grump or a LOL.

To: leyland-sherpa

Subject: Other: sha-bi sent a message about 1999 FORD TRANSIT 80 D SWB BLUE Spares or Repair #300552114266

Sent Date: 28-Apr-11 23:41:58 BST

Dear leyland-sherpa,

can i av ur fone plz?

- sha-bi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: sha-bi

Subject: Re: Other: sha-bi sent a message about 1999 FORD TRANSIT 80 D SWB BLUE Spares or Repair #300552114266

Sent Date: 29-Apr-11 08:09:26 BST

Dear sha-bi,

Did you mean 'may I have your telephone number please'?

- leyland-sherpa

To: leyland-sherpa

Sent: 30-Apr-11 23:47

Dear leyland-sherpa,

no! i meant wot i said in d 1st place u fik bitch!

- sha-bi

INCREDIBLE!!!

ys bro da fone luks lyk a frd transit an u can by it 4 da price at top

Guest Leonard Hatred
Surely, sha-bi is one of us having a chuckle, no-one is that thick or aggressive for real , surely....

Reading their feedback left for others, they're definitely thick.

House Bills - Joined up with a heating and electricity provider a couple of years ago on a monthly agreement, £30 a month for gas, now somehow they have decided that I am using £48 in gas? Because if this I am apparently in debt with them. Fuck off, no I'm not, where the hell do they get thier figures?

Sky broadband have also taken it up on themselves to "upgrade" our internet to a more expensive package, they decided that we are downloading more than an "agreed amount" we didnt "agree" to this as we were told it would be unlimited broadband.

Fucking greedy arse companies. I sometimes yearn for the simple life :evil:

House Bills - Joined up with a heating and electricity provider a couple of years ago on a monthly agreement, £30 a month for gas, now somehow they have decided that I am using £48 in gas? Because if this I am apparently in debt with them. Fuck off, no I'm not, where the hell do they get thier figures?

from reading your meter

Just sent a message to last Transit knobwiper. (rastojo or whatever the fuckers name is), asking if it's ok for me to promise to pay cash for his number plate lights, and collect at a prearranged time, and then not show up.

I expect he'll reply in the negative, but hey, we can but hope.

A well worn grump but we'll have it again anyway.

The standard of driving on the fuggin roads.

Specifically, the M5 this afternoon.

Exhibit A. Numerous cocksponges sailing along in the middle lane oblivious to the empty lane on their left.

Exhibit B. Fancy haired sausage gobblers in Audi A3 intimidating everyone out of the way, sitting right behind a Q7 and having to jump on the breaks every twenty seconds.

Exhibit C. Flangebreath in the new Fiesta not worrying that the road was actually quite busy and using all three lanes to undertake an assortment of cars before swooping back to the outside lane and starting the proceedure all over again.

Death to them all.

My missus wants me to pick her and her mate up in 1/2 an hour. In a two seater car. I have to pick them both up, they've been drinking all day, and somehow squash her knobhead mate in a small car which was only ever devised to transports two people about in (both sober). I promised myself I'd never have to do this type of thing ever and it's happening. I'm going to get pulled and it'll be my fault, fuck that, they're going to have to get a taxi home. I'm 35 years old this year and I don't find this type of thing at 12.30 in the morning crazy anymore.

Pissed women = 100% pains in the arse all of the fucking time. Fuck off.

Station: +1, deffo, you have my symps.

Mr Lobster, you want to try driving here... :lol: Not to imply that any of your crits are invalid; I'm sure they're perfectly sound, I've seen the same sort of thing often enough. But Cyprus, man... it's a whole other dimension!