The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Some hillarious drunk teenager (one of a large group) ran over the top of the Mrs's Yaris at precisely 21:05 last night. Denting to bonnet and roof.

We were out, but it was witnessed by neighbours and filmed by the security camera of the little old lady that lives next door and the shop over the road.

Guess how interested Plod are?

That's one of the reasons the crime rate has dropped, if the police don't accept it as a crime, or victims feel there's no point in reporting it, it didn't happen. See also unemployment figures.

• Like 2

We don't need to guess Barry we bloody know, and its one of the many reasons even old farts like me have zero respect for the police service overall any more, no doubt there are still some proper coppers who hate their system as much as we do.

Apparently in Stoke you can deal drugs from a house with impunity as it doesn't affect other people, according to the retarded PCSO I spoke to.

Some hillarious drunk teenager (one of a large group) ran over the top of the Mrs's Yaris at precisely 21:05 last night. Denting to bonnet and roof.

We were out, but it was witnessed by neighbours and filmed by the security camera of the little old lady that lives next door and the shop over the road.

a lad thought it would be funny to run over my dads sierra in when i was 15 in 1999, dad rung the po po but it just happened i was in and gave chase, the police were more bothered that i gave the lad a pasting when i caught him than they were on what damage he did to the car

a lad thought it would be funny to run over my dads sierra in when i was 15 in 1999, dad rung the po po but it just happened i was in and gave chase, the police were more bothered that i gave the lad a pasting when i caught him than they were on what damage he did to the car

Yup. That's the quandary. At first I puffed my chest out and did the old "if I'd been in I'd have given the fucker and half his mates broken limbs"

But I'd likely have got lifted for loads of abh.

I was not amused to find footprints in the dust over the bonnet of my Saab today together with something sticky and unpleasant thrown over the rear quarter. Thankfully no new dents and the Polish carwash has got most of the sticky off but the bonnet does have a new scuff from I assume grit on the sole of the bastards shoe.

At least it gave me the excuse to use the thing for work today and have fun pissing off all the TDI merchants on the M62...

Insurance WTF-type grump, without wishing to fill up his FS thread with hundreds of 'I can't afford the insurance' comments.

Just got a quote on Mr BV's 205D.  Ã‚£350..

More than an Impreza turbo would be.  Christ, what must they think diesel 205 owners do to put the premiums that high?

Probably too new for classic car insurance, or it's not considered a classic, which is what I was told when I investigated putting the 240 on a classic policy and getting a newer daily last week, yet my Saab 900, newer by 14 months was £120 with Chaucer.

The world of car insurance is one big fuck-up, sometimes you win, but most times you don't.

• Like 1

I poured a massive load of cement at work today. 

Its now raining. Not just normal rain, but "Build a boat and find two of each animal" rain.

Probably have to redo it all.

The Maestro has been saved! Unfortunately the engine and front wings had already been removed and sold. It should live on though.

quite a unique combination.

Yeah, it's going to be even more unique soon.

Pedant Grump.....

There are no degrees of uniqueness.

Quite unique, really unique, pretty unique, more unique, very unique... All bollocks!

It is either unique or it isn't.

Rant over. As you were :-)

• Like 2

Insurance WTF-type grump, without wishing to fill up his FS thread with hundreds of 'I can't afford the insurance' comments.

Just got a quote on Mr BV's 205D.  Ã‚£350..

More than an Impreza turbo would be.  Christ, what must they think diesel 205 owners do to put the premiums that high?

Dude (you probably did), did you try Peter James, garaged on a sub 5000 mile policy?

Pedant Grump.....

There are no degrees of uniqueness.

Quite unique, really unique, pretty unique, more unique, very unique... All bollocks!

It is either unique or it isn't.

Rant over. As you were :-)

I know! It was kinda a joke, a very unique one.

• Like 3

Bought some 'bargain' bubble envelopes off evilbay. Managed to pack 93 items before I realised the address labels don't stick to them properly. Still only 1907 left to use up.

What job has 19.5-hr working days then?

Mine over the bank holiday because I was the only one who turned up.