The grumpy thread

outlaw118

The bloody O/S headlight on the Visa is French and the lift is on the wrong side.  :twisted:

Have wanged these on both lights. Do we think it will be an MOT pass or not like this? have put one on both sides so they both look the same?

IMAG0626_zps8jnztfzk.jpg

As long as you can get the beams in prescribed areas in the m.o.t light box it should pass, we used to sell l.h.d headlights to customers who had Talbot express campers we informed them that they were l.h.d but there wasn't a problem come m.o.t time

The internal speaker in my BlackBerry has gone all buzzy. Today, I finally relented and called Orange tech support. Where a gentleman in India and I embarked upon a seriously frustrating discussion. He actually did ask me if I'd tried rebooting. I wanted to reboot whoever wrote that question's face.

He kept putting me on hold. I was them bombarded with horrible pop music. Eventually, I got through to someone in this country, who told me to try a factory reset. Oh yes. Because that's likely to work. Even he didn't sound convinced. I proceeded anyway and sure enough, it didn't fix it and now my phone is bloody useless because everything has been reset. I could try reinstalling everything again, but seeing as the advice was to take my phone to a shop so it could be sent away, it seems a waste of time. Ugh!

Grumpy that I'll have to wait a year until its the year that Marty mcfly went to in back to the future 2

Me: film was in 1985,20 years that's 2015 I wonder what the exact date is

Her: but its 2014

Me: looked on google, shit the bed its 21st October! How exciting

Me: yeah in October

Her:next year

Me: arsebiscuits

My dad got a text message from his Volkswagen dealer telling him it was time for the car's cam belt change. Pretty sure the 1.4TSI they sold him has a chain. 

Should probably book it in and see how far that goes. 

As all of the above,

Life is rather like a bent branch, spend the first 30 odd years enjoying doing silly things, bending the etherial branch back, hit forty and the bloody thing comes back and twats you square in the face

thusly spending the rest of you mortal coil cussing pretty much everything and everything
:mad:

Took the boys out mountain biking this afternoon.

The oldest lad complaining that something is not right with his bike.

Lets have a look says i coudn't see anything so jumps on to give it a spin gears/back wheel locks up sending me over the handle bars in to a heap on the floor.

The handle bars dig into my left hip close to somewhere soft,skin my right knee and left palm.Fucking too old for this shit.

• Like 2

Went out a wee while ago and have just found out the passenger side of my C70 is totally crumpled. I have no idea where it happened as I never use the passenger side. Car may be fucked. Bastard. Shit. Twats.

I wonder how much the stealer would charge for stripping it down, realising there's no belt, then nailing it all back together approximately as before...?

I'm genuinely curious whether they would:

a: say "whoops, sorry you shouldn't have got that message"

b: say "whoops, sorry you shouldn't have got that message, but while you're here you should have your [brake fluid/tyres/pollen filter] changed, your air con serviced and pine tree air freshener regassed"

c: outright fraudulently charge for a fictional belt change

I'm 95% sure it would be option B, and that's why I'm still trying to discourage my dad from 'popping in to check' on his way past on Monday. 

Just put the better half's Outlander through it's mot

New tyres all round (225/55/18's),£400 thanks to a family friend

New discs around,£100

Tbh,it's the only time we've had to spend too much in the 3 yrs she's had it

And it flew thru !

Tester mentioned it looked in good tidy nick underneath

Maybe time for a re-map and stuff seeing as it uses the VW 2.0DiD engine

Grumpy that I'll have to wait a year until its the year that Marty mcfly went to in back to the future 2

Me: film was in 1985,20 years that's 2015 I wonder what the exact date is

Me: looked on google, shit the bed its 21st October! How exciting

Me: yeah in October

Her:next year

Me: arsebiscuits

20 years from 1985 is 2015?

• Like 1

Took the boys out mountain biking this afternoon.

The oldest lad complaining that something is not right with his bike.

Lets have a look says i coudn't see anything so jumps on to give it a spin gears/back wheel locks up sending me over the handle bars in to a heap on the floor.

The handle bars dig into my left hip close to somewhere soft,skin my right knee and left palm.Fucking too old for this shit.

had that for the last 3 weeks at work

to the spanner gadge in depot

'the bikes making a clanking noise when i pedal every couple of cranks - crank is fine wheels arent loose drums gears are not falling off'

itll be the chainguard

can you adjust the chain

asked this twice and nothing

last week same thing

asked him on monday as it was still making the noise and as itd been flagged up on the board in writing please fix - went to them today took the chainguard OFF

gave it to him in his hand and said metal on metal makes a clanking noise metal on plastic youll hear a rub

go ride that = yes it making a noise = itll be the bottom bracket then (which isnt loose)

and they wonder why the 700 quid bikes they use are fucked after 6 months when they wont repair them :rolleyes:

Another day, another ebay INR case. Except this one wants a refund M8. Oddly enough the first 5 sellers I emailed also had the same message from him.

Place your bets on ebay giving him my money back, and a gold star for being a top clever thief.

On the subject of eBay and to$$ers, an item I couriered 8 days ago hadn't arrived yesterday, so the buyer started a dispute (cheers for that, you could've just asked me to look into it first) - Gaypal promptly froze everything and I needed to pay for something today. As my purchase was more important than the sale, I refunded the buyer to get my account unlocked.

Cue the buyer asking why I'd refunded them so promptly - "it seems a bit fishy to me". Of course, I'm clearly scamming you by GIVING YOU YOUR MONEY BACK. After showing great restraint and explaining the situation to them, I get another 3 messages stating that I'm apparently acting "suspiciously" but they're not going to neg me because they're feeling generous.

Seriously, how are these people allowed into society?

On the subject of eBay and to$$ers, an item I couriered 8 days ago hadn't arrived yesterday, so the buyer started a dispute (cheers for that, you could've just asked me to look into it first) - Gaypal promptly froze everything and I needed to pay for something today. As my purchase was more important than the sale, I refunded the buyer to get my account unlocked.

Cue the buyer asking why I'd refunded them so promptly - "it seems a bit fishy to me". Of course, I'm clearly scamming you by GIVING YOU YOUR MONEY BACK. After showing great restraint and explaining the situation to them, I get another 3 messages stating that I'm apparently acting "suspiciously" but they're not going to neg me because they're feeling generous.

Seriously, how are these people allowed into society?

I just bought a gearbox that was supposed to of arrived by last Tuesday. When I sent the seller an email asking where it was you have a choice of title and when you pick item not received it starts a case rather than just letting you send an email. It turned out shitty link had damaged the packaging and it had leaked oil. They then decided they wouldn't deliver it. They hadn't told the seller this so he didn't know what had happened. I ended up collecting it from the depot and he refunded the postage. It appears that ebay have once again changed things to side with the buyer.