The grumpy thread

outlaw118

WTF is that like a stroke?!?!? Hope yer okay mate

It's a mini stroke it's caused by a disruption in blood flow to the brain. It causes effects like a stroke the slurred speech and physical signs but people are usually back to normal within 24 hours.

Hope your feeling better junkman

Went to the bloody quack today and it turns out to be a big mistake of course.

Diagnosed with TIA, so off to the fucking hospital tomorrow. Yeah, and banned from driving, too, ffs.

Never go to the doctor's! All they ever do is make you ill.

Ah, hell, that's awful :( Sorry to hear that. 

I hope you feel better junkman v8's don't drive themselves you know.

In other news, oh dear my step sister recently bought a Zafira (I know) from a dealer in Edinburger. It wasn't ovely expensive and low mileage. It seemed to drive okay but they put it into their local garage for them to check over and found the eml and abs lights disconnected from the back of the dash and the MAF unplugged. It's probably not going to be overly expensive to fix but it's not really the point. it's a XE18 so I bet  the oxygen sensor is why the EML is on but still cheeky. The garage are just saying it's not their probem and even though the 4 week warranty legally stands they'll have to drag it through the small claims to get the money back.

Wankers eh?

For the first time in ages, Royal Mail have let me down today by putting a bit of a bend in the Renault's head gasket set I bought.  Luckily, they haven't kinked the ring or broken the fibre/cardboard but it's no longer flat so I'm pressing it between some heavy books before I post it on.  It also cost a shocking £4.10 to post so it must fall into some weird Royal Mail price bracket on size as there's barely any weight to it.

I thought anything smaller than a shoebox and less than 2kg went for £2.60 (2nd class)? At least, all the stuff I've been posting for eBay (including pairs of shoes, in shoeboxes) has been.

inconsiderate people who park like a cunt in carparks, i saw this one earlier, 

DSC_0524_zpsa6000bd2.jpg

come on is it really that hard to park a picasso

No, but posting a surreptitious picture up is almost as bad.

i wouldve took the picture stood outside my car to make my actions known but i didnt fancy getting my hair wet, i did get soaked shortly after though stopping to take the picture of the number plate on a fiesta i put in the number plates thread 

Not really a grump for me but the Corvette Museum in Kentucky, USA had a massive sinkhole open up this morning losing 8 cars down it. 

DSC_1259.jpg

The cars lost were:

1993 ZR-1 Spyder on loan from General Motors

2009 ZR1 “Blue Devil†on loan from General Motors

1962 Black Corvette

1984 PPG Pace Car

1992 White 1 Millionth Corvette

1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Corvette

2001 Mallett Hammer Z06 Corvette

2009 White 1.5 Millionth Corvette

http://corvettemuseum.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/sinkhole-collapses-at-national-corvette.html

Can't be doing with the lights flickering and dipping, they've been at it for about 4 hours now. I'd like either a proper power-cut, so I can light the candles and fire up the camping stove, or nothing at all. Although an outage is inevitable at some point, being as the local power bods still haven't cut back the trees that are rubbing on the line (and have been since early autumn).

We're 'enjoying' a brownout at the moment. We've got power, but it's reduced. Everything is lit rather moodily. Candles on standby.

Is that where you browse Autoshite on the porcelain throne?

Still barely any power here. Lighting is pretty much out of the question, but the laptop and wi-fi router thankfully still work. Starting to get a bit worried about the fridge now. The chest freezer should be ok for a bit longer.

Something like that would actually be really handy. In answer to my post yesterday, we duly lost everything half an hour later, and are still waiting..... Currently attracting strange looks in the library by making suggestive noises while looking at rusty smiley Transits on eBay. Power bods have said they might get us back up by dinner-time. Possibly.

Very, very true ;-) Hope further investigations are OK and you're back behind the wheel of the P6 in no time (well, a month's time !)

We're back on. Then some workmen turned up and started doing some work outside on the railway, using a generator to run their angle grinder. If they'd turned up earlier, I could have asked if I could use their genny to power our fridge!

Went to the bloody quack today and it turns out to be a big mistake of course.

Diagnosed with TIA, so off to the fucking hospital tomorrow. Yeah, and banned from driving, too, ffs.

Poor show Doctors, poor show. Sorry to hear that fella :(

picked my dogs ashes up from the vets today and the company who did the engraved plaque managed to cock it up by putting tyson and teddy, hold the hell on the instruction was to put tyson (ted), a small thing i know but it really peed me off as they rinsed me of £120 thats with a discount for individual cremation and urn (which i must say is gorgeous) then cock up something simple, im happier now though as a phone chat to the company that did it sorted it and they couldn't be more apologetic, they are sending a replacement out today.

Another former spot of mine (and i think a ex_Wuvvum car) going to met it's maker. :(

4762377970_02e30a14b8_z.jpg

1920211_602620479813376_374107204_n.jpg

:-(

Well the buyer's big plans to restore it to its former glory obviously came to nowt then.

Why would you weigh in a Sud though?  Even in that condition it would have made a few quid on the Bay.