JayPee's kwality* moters......

jaypee

1 hour ago, bezzabsa said:

Frod Festa???

Nopeski 

1 hour ago, w00dy said:

Galaxy?

Deffo.... Not... This...... 🤔😊 (actually this) 

55 minutes ago, Isopon said:

Mk3 Mondeo?

Close 

32 minutes ago, Jim Bell said:

Ssangyong. 

32 minutes ago, Jim Bell said:

Korondo or Musso or summat.  

Thanks for playing @Jim Bell, unfortunately you're incorrect, however, as a runner up prize, you have won the chance to meet Peter Beardsley and be told to 'f**k off' for the third time! 😉😉😂

10 minutes ago, Tickman said:

I have seen this an car and can confirm it is an car.

It is quite tidy too!

Thanks @Tickmanespecially for lunch, both @320touring and I needed it 😊.

@320touring

• jaypee changed the title to IT'S SATURDAY, ACSHUAL CORLECTED JayPee's kwality* moters......

As correctly guessed by @w00dy it is indeed a Ford Galaxy, so maybe now @sdkrc and I can start our own Ford Galxay/ie group 😂!

Many thanks to @320touring for the the lift and banter, as well as @Tickman for the chat and scran

Long story short, I bid on this on ebay and was unsuccessful, so sent a speculative message to the seller at the behest of @davehedgehog31essentially saying, 'if this falls through, let me know'. The seller contacted and said, 'thanks for the message, I'll keep you posted'. I carried on with the week, and the 'buyer was picking up on Tuesday or Wednesday'. Wednesday came,...... PING.... 'the buyer has gone silent' came the message. So a viewing was arranged for this morning, and he advised I could have it for the winning bid. 

Off we set at 0930, made good time between Glasgow and Dundee, quick pee stop, and we got to the seller's house just after 11. 

Galaxy seemed sound, took it for a test drive, went well. Drives well, stops well. (new discs and pads all round) has had a recon gearbox and a new clutch recently, as well as having the timing belt changed. 

It's a PD lump, and a 6 speed box (apparently it's the earlier box, without the bung/bearing issue). 

After some discussion with @320touring the decision was made, and I committed to buy. The buyer and I settled on a slightly better price (for me) and we were sorted! 

The seller was a farmer and had previously worked as a police mechanic, prior to taking over the farm when his dad passed away. 

I think it is due some tyres, but they aren't too horrifically expensive. 

We then headed slightly more north to me @Tickmanfor lunch and to chat some shite. After this we headed south, all without incident, apart from a couple of 'FFFFING IDIOT' drivers. 

The ebay pics showed that it had about half a tank of fuel, so we had taken 5 litres of diesel just in case. This was lobbed in, and meant that there was no obligatory Fuel Stop pic, so, have this one. 

Screenshot_20210814_170018.thumb.jpg.715a8b66e1605772313ca603b807152d.jpg

#ghialife...... 

Anyway, it's the Maw's birthday, so a quick shower and out for dinner now! 

Have a 'successful mission complete' pic. 

Screenshot_20210814_170029.thumb.jpg.797d4c7c1c6c072cc28b703b4b3278f5.jpg

Cheers 😎

Very nice. You just need 5 kids with 3 different mums for the ultimate weekend dad wagon look now... 

Spent 3 years of my childhood in dad's silver vw Sharan version of this, including France a fair few times, was a fucking grim place to sleep in on the back seats, unable to recline them as the back was ram packed full