Aston Martin

Panda Alessi: Avril Lagreen

The best/worst plan is to drive the Tangerine Dream with supplies to Jersey, stay for 2 days and drive Tic and Tac back.

John the maniac.... Has the last week of March/first week of April off......

... I have the last week of March's and the first week of April off.

The axle will be an Ebay job, everything will be an eBay job. Upullit hasn't had a panda in 3 months. 

3 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

The axle will be an Ebay job, everything will be an eBay job. Upullit hasn't had a panda in 3 months. 

This gang in Guernsey reckon they’re stripping a 500 at the moment (not the one in the pics), they’re on Facebook if you want to tap them up? Wonder if they could stick it on the ferry 

5A2B585A-5C70-4577-9CFA-F7BF4F0949BE.thumb.png.4f3f353f75244f2d0e9199fceb64c7c9.png

57 minutes ago, mk2_craig said:

This gang in Guernsey reckon they’re stripping a 500 at the moment (not the one in the pics), they’re on Facebook if you want to tap them up? Wonder if they could stick it on the ferry 

5A2B585A-5C70-4577-9CFA-F7BF4F0949BE.thumb.png.4f3f353f75244f2d0e9199fceb64c7c9.png

Thanks.... But I have my heart set on the stupid Alessi Adventure of 2020. 😔

Plus I'd rather have a 2015+ version, I'm not sure if there's any revisions. But that's what the orange one has.

It’s Condor Ferries, regardless of whether you board on the English south coast and travel via Guernsey, or Channel Tunnel it to France then whip down to St Malo and get a (quicker) boat from there. 

For the real masochists, there’s a slow crossing out of Portsmouth that takes something like nine hours to get into Jersey, as opposed to the fast service which is closer to four. 

1 hour ago, Kiltox said:

What transport links are there to Jersey ferry wise? I’m tempted to buy a cheap Panda for March/April and come and film this adventure 😂 

You can fly from Manchester, Liverpool, East Midlands etc. Last year Flybe used to do Doncaster, but I think they stopped that?

I'm flying from Liverpool for an extortionate £31.98 return. No allocated seating or luggage, but it's an hour and 10 minutes.

On 1/26/2020 at 7:50 PM, Ian_Fearn said:

My thoughts are: fly to island in the channel, fix Alessi, drive to Pandino for the Panda 40th anniversary event, be a HERO.

I need Pandarino first. That was the plan this year, instead I got this.

It's raining all day Sunday, so that's fun. 😔

1E607489-3C8B-4A30-BBF9-0A5D667A8BA7.jpeg

I just got through security and didn't have to go through the xray like everyone else as I can fucking read signs...

I took the 4x4, because the orange Alessi would fuck me and the 4x4 has Carplay.

I did 70-75, which is 67-69 MPH and 125 miles of mainly motorway.  Half a tank used. I need to fill up when I get home because it's a stupid car.

7 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

I took the 4x4, because the orange Alessi would fuck me.

7 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

I need to fill up when I get home because it's a stupid car.

Remind me why you're going to such lengths to acquire another Panda 😛

4 minutes ago, mrbenn said:

Thats brilliant. Absolutely first class!

Rear belt arrangement is interesting.

Hes alot brighter than I imagined and there's nothing wrong. The steering wheel has gone manky and it may or may not need a seat swap. But I have those spare already.

The clutch is heavy, but I'm shocked at the lack of rust. They don't use salt and it shows.

OK, the rear seatbelt? Added at the dealer... All Alessis are 4 seaters. This isn't.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By L fallax
      I’ve been considering making a topic for progress with my Felicia for a little while, I want to reflect on what’s been done in a more organised fashion compared to flicking through photos on my phone. 
      I’ve had a keen interest on older generation Skoda for quite some time (100series-Facelift Felicia), I bought this 1999 T reg Skoda Felicia mid April. Would of loved to buy the pre-facelift model but sadly most seem to have been scrapped, however mine does come with the 1.3 OHC engine -the same used in Rapid 136’s, albeit slightly modernised and with Bosch fuel injection producing a whopping 67bhp. 

First pic after a wash. Missing headlight trim, dinged rear OS door, NS fender is a bit bashed in as the original owner must of had a bit of a bash, the whole bumper sits a little lopsided. Hopefully can get the bodywork pulled at some point.

This is my first car that I’ve bought with my own money, so naturally wanted to put in the effort to get her running smoothly with some maintenance: new oil & filter, air filter, coolant flush, wipers, bulbs, spark plugs, valve cover gasket etc.

Engine bay needed multiple washes to clean up, looked a right bombsite when I bought it, some neglect was evident from past owner!
      Three and a half months later and my Felly is now road legal (due to issues with DVLA and V62), what a jolly little car to drive though! The exhaust blows like a wet fart when you press the accelerator but it’s very comical. (Obviously will fix this when I’ve the money, haha.) 

Driving around aimlessly I’ve covered around 160 miles in a couple of days.  I decided to drain the gearbox and refreshed it with some 75W90 SS Gl4, after a few embarrasing car park CRUNCHES into reverse gear enough was enough, definitely was well overdue a change and now it’s silky smooth. 

Blue Lagoon Metallic is the colour for anyone wondering.
      (Removed the faded Skoda badge and sprayed the 3D Favorit badge and grill black - perhaps not to everyone’s taste but it’s my car 😄)
      Next to do is fit new brake discs & yellowstuff pads which have been sat in the boot for a couple months, need to file the edge of the pads down a tad and find a way to remove the locking pin screw from the disc- I can’t seem to get them to turn using an impact screwdriver but perhaps I just need to hit harder!
      The goal is to fit a few unnecessary modifications,  just some stiffer lowering springs and alloy wheels with good tyres. Nothing too crazy. The ride is pretty good, very little body roll, the strut brace seems to work well. A very throwable and responsive supermini, town and rural road driving is an awful lot of fun. 
      If anyone has some Favorit "Skoda" mudflaps let me know as I really would like to replace the ones that are fitted!
      Updates to come.
      All welcome to share thoughts and stories alike 🙂 

• By strangeangel
      I thought I'd start a thread for this as I'll probably end up asking all sorts of questions, given that this is my first 'proper' Citroën.

So... the ground clearance lever won't go all the way to the highest setting (all others work), which is bad 'cos the book says I need it to do that in order to check the LHM level. It feels like something's seized, so I don't want to force it. Any ideas for a plan of attack would be much appreciated.

Next up are the wheels. I now have a set of 205 pepperpots that have just gone off for powder coating & I need to get some tyres for them. The handbook says the car should have 165/70R14s on, the wheels came with 185/65R14 on. Any thoughts about what size I should get please? Cheers.

• By phil_lihp
      Morning chaps, long time no see.
      I've not had much in the way of shite to share on this forum of late but I have now gone some way to redeeming myself with this glorious old heap, an eBay purchase which I won last night.  Fortunately the seller seems decent and isn't in any rush for it to leave so there won't be much happening for a  few weeks until collection can be arranged, leaves me plenty of time to clear the decks in preparation.
      The essential stats are that it's a 1977 Princess 1.8, I think it's a base model and a Series 1 given it's not got a 1.7/2.0 O-series engine which I would have preferred.  Not sure how rubbish the B-Series is in this thing but I guess we'll see.  It's got an MOT and has been woken from many years of slumber fairly recently, I think it was on eBay last year prior to the current owner obtaining it but I don't have any details.  I think it's a base model and lacks power steering or indeed any equipment to speak of.  It's apparently very solid and has been undersealed, there's some rot above the bootlid and in the doors and the bonnet looks awful but is mostly surface corrosion I think.  It'll be getting a proper going over once I get my hands on it, a full service and brake refurb is likely the first port of call, plus finding someone local who can pump up the hydragas.
      My sole experience of these is driving Philibusmo's utterly ruined example (OKK if anyone remembers the ex-Vulgalour one) a few years back and I was so impressed at how well it drove considering the state it was in, I've wanted one for years so this is a slightly weird dream come true.
      Feel free to chip in with anecdotes, advice and mockery.  More details will probably surface in a few weeks once it lands.  It has MOT but it's on ancient tyres and has electrical issues (I know, who'd have thought?) meaning the lights and cooling fan don't work.  Given that it's in Kent and I'm in Devon, I am probably going to take the easy way out and Shiply it home.  Plenty of time yet to make some arrangements for that.
      Watch this space.

• By Zelandeth
      Well I've been meaning to sign up here in forever, but kept forgetting. Thanks to someone over on another forum I frequent poking me about it recently the subject was forced back into my very brief attention span for long enough to get me to act on the instruction.

I figure that my little varied fleet might bring you lot some amusement...

So...we've got:

1993 Lada Riva 1.5E Estate (now fuel injected, as I reckon the later cars should have been from the factory...).
      1989 Saab 900i Automatic.
      1987 Skoda 120LX 21st Anniversary Special Edition.
      1985 Sinclair C5.
      2009 Peugeot 107 Verve.

Now getting the photos together has taken me far longer than I'd expected...so you're gonna get a couple of photos of each car for now, and I'll come back with some more information tomorrow when I've got a bit more time...

Firstly...The Lada. Before anyone asks - in response to the single question I get asked about this car: No, it is not for sale. Took me 13 years and my father's inheritance to find the thing.

Yes, it's got the usual rusty wings...Hoping that will be resolved in the next couple of months.

Next, a proper old Saab. One of the very last 8 valve cars apparently, and all the better for it. I've driven two 16v autos and they were horrible - the auto box works sooooo much better with the torque curve of the 8 valve engine. Just wish it had an overdrive for motorway cruising...

Next up a *real* Skoda...back when they put the engine where it belongs, right out the back. In the best possible colour of course...eye-searingly bright orange.

Seat covers have been added since that photo was taken as it suffers from the usual rotting seat cloth problem that affects virtually all Estelles.

Then we have possibly the world's scruffiest Sinclair C5...

Realised when looking for this that I really need to get some more photos of the thing...I use it often enough after all! We have a dog who's half husky, so this is a really good way of getting him some exercise.

Finally - again, I really need to take more photos of - we have the little Pug 107.

Included for the sake of variety even if it's a bit mainstream! First (and probably to be the only) new car I've bought, and has been a cracking little motor and has asked for very little in return for putting up with nearly three years of Oxford-Milton Keynes commuter traffic, before finally escaping that fate when my housemate moved to a new job. Now it doesn't do many miles and is my default car for "when I've managed to break everything else."

I'll fill in some more details tomorrow - I warn you though that I do tend to ramble...