Cheggers

Once seen, can't be unseen

11 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

What annoys you about certain vehicles that once seen can't be unseen? - I'll start with the weird angle at the rear lower half of a Transit door...why not just carry on the vertical?803b9441df558a38200d78e81196e03e.jpg

the window is worse

22 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

What annoys you about certain vehicles that once seen can't be unseen? - I'll start with the weird angle at the rear lower half of a Transit door...why not just carry on the vertical?803b9441df558a38200d78e81196e03e.jpg

Sherpa doors are even more wonky; they're only that shape as that's the shape of the J4's doors, the rough clay of which, melded with leftover bits of Oxfords and MGBs, the mighty Sherpa was hewn. 

sherpa_side.jpg

10 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

In all these years (and I'm old enough to remember them new) I never noticed that.

In all my years of fucking owning the bastards I never noticed. You can thank @vulgalour for ruining everything.

47 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

The rear passenger doors on the old Porsche Panamera.  Awkward reverse angles make it look like an expensive take on the Ford Anglia / Consul 315

Except the Anglebox never had rear passenger doors.  But ISWYM... 😉

#annoying_pedant

3 hours ago, Shep Shepherd said:

The rear door window frames of the Volvo 200 Series estate car:

9287391.jpg

The black paint on the later models makes the shape of the frames less obvious, but even so...

I believe it was designed as a saloon and the estate was an add on to the range.