jim89 Posted July 2 Posted July 2 Noticed images starting to load slower & hold things up slightly... Quick check & 933 guests*...
wesacosa Posted July 8 Posted July 8 Question for mods.... I was chatting to someone on the Rustival FB forum who had applied for here but was seemingly declined . I wondered if it was the issue with some e mails we seem to have or something else specific to him so thought I'd ask. Message from him below can someone check and let me know? cheers " my username was _I_have_some_knees_ or something very similar - there may have been fewer underscores" EDIT hmm perhaps there's more to it
SiC Posted July 8 Posted July 8 1 hour ago, wesacosa said: Question for mods.... I was chatting to someone on the Rustival FB forum who had applied for here but was seemingly declined . I wondered if it was the issue with some e mails we seem to have or something else specific to him so thought I'd ask. Message from him below can someone check and let me know? cheers " my username was _I_have_some_knees_ or something very similar - there may have been fewer underscores" EDIT hmm perhaps there's more to it Is message the mods directly @Mrs6C /etc as I guess the name/details looked a bit sus as a spammer and got banned. There are a lot of registrations made and they all get filtered to prevent spammers from crapping all over the forum. wesacosa, myglaren and Remspoor 1 2
richardmorris Posted July 10 Posted July 10 I’ve got the I am not a bot check again. Are we under attack?
auntiemaryscanary Posted July 10 Posted July 10 9 minutes ago, richardmorris said: I’ve got the I am not a bot check again. Are we under attack? Same here so I suspect so. I'd rather have the bot check thingy than not being able to access the site. Wibble, mk2_craig, High Jetter and 1 other 2 2
richardmorris Posted July 10 Posted July 10 6 minutes ago, auntiemaryscanary said: Same here so I suspect so. I'd rather have the bot check thingy than not being able to access the site. True. auntiemaryscanary 1
High Jetter Posted July 10 Posted July 10 Whatever it is, Si is doing his best to keep us safe & online, I'm sure Remspoor and auntiemaryscanary 2
SiC Posted July 10 Posted July 10 Late afternoon everything went mega slow and huge traffic increase again. At the moment it's coming from UK sources which makes me needing to think of a better filter than just country. High Jetter, beko1987, myglaren and 1 other 3 1
UltraWomble Posted July 10 Posted July 10 Oh bloody hell are we back to this again? Every time I leave the forum for 5 mins its like Im locked out of it
bangernomics Posted July 11 Posted July 11 Did something change yesterday [mention=20071]SiC[/mention]? Tapatalk was working and has died again. FWIW it works seamlessly on RR etc? Edit it is now back??
SiC Posted July 11 Posted July 11 1 hour ago, bangernomics said: Did something change yesterday @SiC? Tapatalk was working and has died again. FWIW it works seamlessly on RR etc? Tapatalk doesn't seem to work with under attack mode on. I guess it has no way of accepting the prompt. I've turned off under attack mode again and see if the bots have turned away for now at least. You can tell when it happened and when I turned on under attack mode. The server isn't specced to absorb 5x the amount of traffic going to it and it would be excessively+unnecessarily costly to do so. I need to figure a better rule that can allow logged in users to not be as affected. Problem is, the bots are setup to fake that enough that it makes it hard to make a Cloudflare rule to detect it, as Cloudflare isn't linked into here to know if a login Cookie is truly legitimate. mercedade, bangernomics, beko1987 and 1 other 4
SiC Posted July 11 Posted July 11 9 hours ago, UltraWomble said: Oh bloody hell are we back to this again? Every time I leave the forum for 5 mins its like Im locked out of it It's definitely annoying and I'm not immune to on here either. However right now the other option is that the forum is unusably slow. beko1987 and UltraWomble 1 1
bangernomics Posted July 11 Posted July 11 When you filter by region can you specify ranges with wildcards or reference to IP lists? Never used cloudflare personally but I wonder if a bit of data capture for user vs ip range would inform. Yes day job right but the bots if using a vpn or the like would all have a limited set of source addresses and not likely UK isp ip or am I tree barking?
jim89 Posted July 15 Posted July 15 Image loading seems to be slowing up for me... 893 "Guests" I note..
jim89 Posted July 18 Posted July 18 Has navigating around the site changed? I used to click on the top autoshite image to take me back to the top of the tree, then select my next forum area to visit... That doesn't seem to work that way now?
Tickman Posted July 18 Posted July 18 36 minutes ago, jim89 said: Has navigating around the site changed? I used to click on the top autoshite image to take me back to the top of the tree, then select my next forum area to visit... That doesn't seem to work that way now? It works for me.
myglaren Posted July 18 Posted July 18 Not sure how you are doing this. Do you navigate to the top of the page to click on the image? I just use the back button or click on the favicon.
jim89 Posted July 18 Posted July 18 2 hours ago, myglaren said: Not sure how you are doing this. Do you navigate to the top of the page to click on the image? I just use the back button or click on the favicon. Yes the image at the top of each 'page'.. Ah fixed it.. I had somehow clicked on one of three icons ("fluid") that changed how the subforums & posts were displayed. Loggin out & in, killing browser etc did not change it back.. I had to stumble across it but I think it's all as normal again now. myglaren 1
bunglebus Posted July 20 Posted July 20 I don't know if it's due to Flickr's incessant fuckery, but I'm having fun trying to make a post with images in it - either getting "no image at that URL" or it seems to post the pic but it's invisible. Screenshot showing previous post with "No image..." error above and current one I'm writing with invisible image *edit* I'm sure it's flickr. Copied a link from one of my pics and this is what I get - not my image! GrumpiusMaximus 1
mercedade Posted July 28 Posted July 28 And hotmail is back on the white list! I'm getting email notifications again 🎉 SiC, Remspoor and myglaren 1 2
Remspoor Posted August 24 Posted August 24 Over the past couple of days viewing the forum has been a bit flaky. I am often seeing server not responding.
Mr Livered Posted August 30 Posted August 30 Dear moderators, in the thread "Modern cars - help me understand" there are some comments on moderation choices and it would be good to get some feedback on that. It's a really good thread; it would be great if it were seen (and thus hopefully joined) by enough people that it can fulfil its potential. N Dentressangle 1
bunglebus Posted September 11 Posted September 11 I don't know if it's within moderator control, or something the site software works out - but at the bottom of each thread there are links to similar subjects. The "Miniature eBay tat" thread used to be linked at the bottom of "Shite in Miniature" and vice versa, which was very helpful. Any chance of it being put back as it was?
High Jetter Posted Monday at 11:45 Posted Monday at 11:45 Seems that there was some downtime earlier this morning. Not sure if it applied to everyone as I saw there were posts made when I couldn't get in. I'm sure @SiC was across it, thankfully, as all seems well now.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now