😳

Frigid

7 hours ago, jim89 said:

Some MOTs ago....

"Exhaust tailpipe not capable of allowing the 
probe to be inserted (7.3.D.1)"

😳

Probably because it's 'retro, M8'
I know I am an old b'stad (and may I continue to get older, for longer) but a N reg is not feckin' retro. That's just getting run in*.

So - how about - a girly Bini?. La Sproglette's is on stands awaiting Yodel. Idle scrolling by family females throws up:
Product photo of 2006 MINI one

Other than number plate reads 'Mince' to me - bargain £950 - just needs those stick on eyelashes.
(Ignore the fail sheet, EML is on, charging light is on, indicators are U/S and the rear quarter damage. 
Bridge it)

*Gosh, I bet that's retro, old school, whatever

14 hours ago, D.E said:

The cheapest 420 atm, drives and doesn't look like a total shed in this few pictures. Scam or bargain...

https://www.carandclassic.com/l/C1687598

1968-jaguar-420-65c4e55998987.jpg?ar=16:

The ad wording itself is full of detail  - but a sparse selection of pictures. Unusually cheap given it's had an "engine rebuild". One where you'd need to definitely view in the metal before proceeding any further.

The ad wording itself is full of detail  - but a sparse selection of pictures. Unusually cheap given it's had an "engine rebuild". One where you'd need to definitely view in the metal before proceeding any further.
I'm half inclined to say it all stacks up. Fairly sophisticated scam if it it one which the price suggests. I might give him a ring and sound him out.

Decentish ad
Check shows car purchase June 2020 (COVID as mentioned in ad)
Things replaced matches advisories on last mot etc.

I'm half inclined to say it all stacks up. Fairly sophisticated scam if it it one which the price suggests. I might give him a ring and sound him out.

Decentish ad
Guys it's f***ing genuine.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, DirtyDaily said:
5 hours ago, DirtyDaily said:

Decentish ad

Guys it's f***ing genuine.

When are you collecting it? 

When are you collecting it? 
He's unfortunately accepted an offer already. I've got first dibs if it falls through however I don't think the other guy will be passing this one up.
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Mr Pastry said:

I had exactly that model.   Would recommend, but good luck getting parts for it. 

ooh, tell us more Mr P? In the UK?

35 minutes ago, egg said:

ooh, tell us more Mr P? In the UK?

IMG_20240209_0001_NEWAPPIA.thumb.jpg.fcc2cdd83c828b8c6c1230f09ad2c8d2.jpg

1962 model imported in 66, but I know little about its history.

Bought it in about 1978 - heard that the local MOT station had it for sale, and by the time I remembered to go and see it the price had got down to £75 because nobody wanted it.   It had an MOT and was quite sound underneath with new sills, but the body was poor, so I did a running restoration, brush painted it with Woolworths Gloss, and ran it as a daily for several years.  It was very reliable, though I did a couple of engine rebuilds in the time I had it.  Sold it the mid 1980s for more than £75 due to a house move, and it was still on DVLA last time I looked, but I never saw it again.

Beautifully designed and built, quite roomy and comfortable, and a proper Italian car to drive, although a little underpowered.  No spare parts availability ,  so nearly everything had to be made from scratch, mended or adapted, and even the Lancia club was not very clued up about it, or interested, frankly.

Lovely thing.  I'd have another one, maybe a series 2 which has a bit more character.   Any questions, please ask....! 

5 minutes ago, Mr Pastry said:

IMG_20240209_0001_NEWAPPIA.thumb.jpg.fcc2cdd83c828b8c6c1230f09ad2c8d2.jpg

1962 model imported in 66, but I know little about its history.

Bought it in about 1978 - heard that the local MOT station had it for sale, and by the time I remembered to go and see it the price had got down to £75 because nobody wanted it.   It had an MOT and was quite sound underneath with new sills, but the body was poor, so I did a running restoration, brush painted it with Woolworths Gloss, and ran it as a daily for several years.  It was very reliable, though I did a couple of engine rebuilds in the time I had it.  Sold it the mid 1980s for more than £75 due to a house move, and it was still on DVLA last time I looked, but I never saw it again.

Beautifully designed and built, quite roomy and comfortable, and a proper Italian car to drive, although a little underpowered.  No spare parts availability ,  so nearly everything had to be made from scratch, mended or adapted, and even the Lancia club was not very clued up about it, or interested, frankly.

Lovely thing.  I'd have another one, maybe a series 2 which has a bit more character.   Any questions, please ask....! 

What a lovely looking little car! and class story to as well! Looks like it was last taxed in 1988. 

• Like 3