eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

9 minutes ago, GR8 PL8 M8 said:

Red, apparently. I wish I had space, I wonder if it's as rusty underneath as my last yank mistake acquisition.

MOT history is fairly colourful. I'll get laughed at by saying there's a hint of classic BMW 6 series about the mid section.

1 hour ago, willswitchengage said:

Look at the sold prices though - the auctions I've watched recently everything is going at way under asking, more often than not 50% discount. Then they are all flipped as classifieds at silly prices again the week after.

If by asking prices you mean the auctioneers estimated prices then they're getting more and more off piste as we drag through 2023 (or so it feels).

I think the sold prices there on  everyday cars (i.e. not the David Brown E Types :-) )  were what I'd call 'reasonable' i.e. not a silly or no reserve so it sold. 
Over this side of the country a lot of everyday stuff is hanging around on what may be becoming unrealistic reserves and possibly chasing what feels like  a downward spiral in prices - just a feeling.

As to flipping - always happens with the older cars (and the newer ones) it pays to spend a week or two getting to know the market if you are chasing down a particular model - it's funny how often you see the same car getting churned

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, egg said:

"Windscreen is cracked"

Crikey - £20K for a car and they won't spring for a windscreen (and/or chuck a set of UK Plates on it) - I've looked at their stock before and they didn't strike me as a penny-pinching lot so I wonder if they're selling this 'for a friend?'

4 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/276058291950907/

@wuvvumi have faith in you, it’s in your parish I believe, come on….

IMG_0772.png

Almost one for the 'wrapped in plastic thread'? Sad thing is that the annual car tax is more than 50% of the asking price and I reckon that's what's going to kill off cars of this generation

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Almost one for the 'wrapped in plastic thread'? Sad thing is that the annual car tax is more than 50% of the asking price and I reckon that's what's going to kill off cars of this generation

I had one briefly. It was all of the colours

20181119_152043.jpg

20181119_152018.jpg

20181119_152521.jpg

20181119_152720.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, grogee said:

I had one briefly. It was all of the colours

20181119_152043.jpg

20181119_152018.jpg

20181119_152521.jpg

20181119_152720.jpg

Neighbour of mine down in Devon had one as a company car thing back in 2003 or so  in a kind of metallic mould colour. I rather fancied it (the car not the neighbour) but the tow weight was no better than the 2WD version and I really needed something approaching 2 tonnes at the time - I think the RX4 was < 1500kg.

1 hour ago, egg said:

probably was an overnight high speed newspaper delivery vehicle. Someone linked to a very interesting article about that once on here.

Most likely Junkman, he used to drive them.

2 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I didn't know they even sold a turbo diesel Carina E here.  Every day is a school day.

Apparently available only on the GS and GL hatchback and estate models here, no saloons. It was when diesels were becoming more popular on the comany car fleets and I suppose Toyota thought they needed to be in on it. 82bhp, 128lb/ft, 13 secs 0-60. Economy a bit better overall than the 1.8 lean burn petrol (and a lot better than a 2.0 auto).

Saw one in France, but that's to be expected there.

1 hour ago, sdkrc said:

What kind of jizztrumpet imports a car missing a bonnet? A relatively easy thing to find in the US maybe, unicorn wisdom teeth here and unpossible shipping separately.

3 hours ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

"Windscreen is cracked"

Crikey - £20K for a car and they won't spring for a windscreen (and/or chuck a set of UK Plates on it) - I've looked at their stock before and they didn't strike me as a penny-pinching lot so I wonder if they're selling this 'for a friend?'

Just a thought, are screens for these perhaps now unobtanium?!