eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, Skizzer said:

Go V6 or go home, I say.

Other opinions are available of course: I’ve not actually tried a 1.8T or — shudder — one of those Diesel things.

I think a revvy turbo would work well in a ZT. Or even better a ZS or ZR.

I can't think of any 2.0 six that wasn't basically pointless. Mazda, Ford/Jaguar, Toyota/Lexus, BMW.....

2 hours ago, Skizzer said:

Go V6 or go home, I say.

Other opinions are available of course: I’ve not actually tried a 1.8T or — shudder — one of those Diesel things.

This, This and This.

I did go in a 1.8T once, very quick car.    I'd rather leave slightly earlier and enjoy the V6 waft.

4 hours ago, Sir Snipes said:

I do wonder if the 1.8T suits a Rover though. No doubt better than the NA, and probably better numbers than the 2.0, but maybe the 2.0 "feels" more Rover?

Personally I thought the 1.8T suited the 75 surprisingly well.  The 2.0 V6 sounds nicer, but you have to rev the knackers off it to get it to move, which is very uncouth.  The Turbokettle is a lot torquier.

Edit:  The obvious answer is to go for the 2.5 V6 - all the advantages of the 2.0 (and similar fuel consumption) but avoids the underpowered feel.

gallery

FORD-CORTINA-2-0-GHIA-AUTO

Phwaaar!  Just right, brown Chatsworth interior, mismatched door, very solid and original, not too perfect, I would just sort the minor rust issues and use as is, looks good with the brake dust on the front wheels, like it’s been up and down the motorway all day    ,like they used to ?

23 minutes ago, Shite Ron said:

gallery

FORD-CORTINA-2-0-GHIA-AUTO

Phwaaar!  Just right, brown Chatsworth interior, mismatched door, very solid and original, not too perfect, I would just sort the minor rust issues and use as is, looks good with the brake dust on the front wheels, like it’s been up and down the motorway all day    ,like they used to ?

That's lovely but I'd be worried what's under the wob surrounding the windscreen!

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

Personally I thought the 1.8T suited the 75 surprisingly well.  The 2.0 V6 sounds nicer, but you have to rev the knackers off it to get it to move, which is very uncouth.  The Turbokettle is a lot torquier.

Edit:  The obvious answer is to go for the 2.5 V6 - all the advantages of the 2.0 (and similar fuel consumption) but avoids the underpowered feel.

I assumed the Turbo was the "busier" of the two!

19 hours ago, cort16 said:

I kind of forgot the porsche 968 even exists.. Was it any more than a warmed up 944? It  was built in the dark days of Porsche when they nearly went tits up in the early 1990s so I imagine

the 968 was an attempt to knock out a new model on the cheap.

They're not cheap anyway, this one is an auto with 195,000 miles on it and is the best part of 8 grand

4747fe11a1254a4f9a3d150c35cc8c2e.jpg

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202002107140436

The best car I ever owned by a mile (mine was manual, I hasten to add). The most reliable car I’ve ever owned and the most fun to drive, too, and I tripled my money when I sold it.