eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

19 hours ago, The Mighty Quinn said:

£8000?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1979-bmw-730-e23-very-rare-carburettor-model-barn-find-3-0-litre-petrol/164176561629?hash=item2639af85dd:g:MmIAAOSwmWFepufa

Looks like value to me. Tosser. ??

There is a reason they're very rare - because they were shit.

s-l1600.jpg

For the same price you could have the Capri in his other listing.

This honest old lhd Firenza looks absolutely bob-on! I'm sure it would be an utterly miserable driving experience, but I reckon these are among the best looking British cars of the era straight out the box.

s-l1600.jpg

Sadly, this photograph is quite a threat as to its potential fate

s-l1600.jpg

Surely only a total philistine would go down that path, but old Vauxhalls aren't far behind old Fords in the knucklehead demographic stakes. Shame.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Firenza/114206851139?hash=item1a97424043:g:fJoAAOSwqNdeqtmT

I'm trying very hard to make sense of this one.

s-l1600.jpg

£8k - let's say £6k after negotiation - doesn't seem too bad for the best-looking, most sophisticated car ever built considering all the chrome has been done and it 'just needs' painting and re-assembling. it wouldn't be a huge investment to get this in a state where it could be painted but then, what, £8000 minimum for a half-decent paint job, and then the cost of getting it all back together again - You're in for the best part of £20k and at the end of it it will still have a stupid hole in the roof.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Flavia-Coupe-Project/174262819071?hash=item2892df98ff:g:t9MAAOSwJZVepb49

Somehow that doesn't seem very canny when you could pop down to Hampshire and pick up this straight, un-messed with example - albeit with a shit interior - for, what, £12,500? £12,000? That's about on the money for one in decent condition, although prices for minters are slowly going up. Still blows my mind that such a 'special' car could be so cheap. My 404 is worth more than that, and it needs loads of work and is fitted with one of the least engaging engines ever built. Nuts.

10982393.jpg

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C873862

1 hour ago, Austat said:

I really like this and would love to drive it around exactly as it is , like it was 1980.

But the back end of those sills look as if they’re 100% isopon, just like 1980 I suppose.

7 minutes ago, barrett said:

I'm trying very hard to make sense of this one.

s-l1600.jpg

£8k - let's say £6k after negotiation - doesn't seem too bad for the best-looking, most sophisticated car ever built considering all the chrome has been done and it 'just needs' painting and re-assembling. it wouldn't be a huge investment to get this in a state where it could be painted but then, what, £8000 minimum for a half-decent paint job, and then the cost of getting it all back together again - You're in for the best part of £20k and at the end of it it will still have a stupid hole in the roof.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Flavia-Coupe-Project/174262819071?hash=item2892df98ff:g:t9MAAOSwJZVepb49

Somehow that doesn't seem very canny when you could pop down to Hampshire and pick up this straight, un-messed with example - albeit with a shit interior - for, what, £12,500? £12,000? That's about on the money for one in decent condition, although prices for minters are slowly going up. Still blows my mind that such a 'special' car could be so cheap. My 404 is worth more than that, and it needs loads of work and is fitted with one of the least engaging engines ever built. Nuts.

10982393.jpg

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C873862

My benchmark for these is still the "garage find" example my mate's neighbour picked up for £350 in 2001...

1 hour ago, Hertz said:

Always loved the styling of these. This doesn't seem too bad value in the grand scheme of things.  Go on Skizzer!

spacer.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1976-Rolls-Royce-Camargue/324152431648?hash=item4b78fd9420:g:gAAAAOSwjONeOY~F

I like the colour scheme and the styling has grown on me over the years.

The decimal point is in very much the wrong place for me price-wise though.

2 minutes ago, Skizzer said:

I like the colour scheme and the styling has grown on me over the years.

The decimal point is in very much the wrong place for me price-wise though.

They look much better in real life than photos. The interiors are probably the best there is. Traditional without being fusty - beautiful.

The Camargue has definitely improved with age. I always thought the'd look great if they didn't have that stupid R-R grille, but the same can be said for virtually every R-R built since about 1930. Paolo Martin was a genius, and the fact that a car of such immense heft looks even a little bit lithe and sporty is a testament to his skills. The federal bumpers don't do it any justice, either. If they'd been launched in 1971 or something I bet they'd look loads better. They have to be in a 1970s bathroom suite colour to really look their best, too.

Proper money though, innit, for something that's always gonna be a bit disappointing. I'd rather have a 130 coupe for a third of the price

2 hours ago, hairnet said:

@PhilA so this would be a better idea than a 1500? - he has an 11 plate for 8800

he mentions sales tax and fees - how much might that be extra?

Tax and fees depend where it's going. That's not uncommon to see up around there because if it goes to DE then the taxes are low, NJ there'll be other nonsense. Export? No clue.

Note that one is also a longer wheelbase and by UK standards is getting towards being difficult to use (the turning circle on them is terrible). You could always look for a long bed crew cab for complete insanity.

Note that the HD variants do have completely different underpinnings, the 2500 is the same as mine but with heavier springs and stiffer tires. 

LT1 also makes a 1980's Mercedes with no options checked look plush and feature-filled. That one there? Work truck.

Phil

15 minutes ago, PhilA said:

Tax and fees depend where it's going. That's not uncommon to see up around there because if it goes to DE then the taxes are low, NJ there'll be other nonsense. Export? No clue.

Note that one is also a longer wheelbase and by UK standards is getting towards being difficult to use (the turning circle on them is terrible). You could always look for a long bed crew cab for complete insanity.

Note that the HD variants do have completely different underpinnings, the 2500 is the same as mine but with heavier springs and stiffer tires. 

LT1 also makes a 1980's Mercedes with no options checked look plush and feature-filled. That one there? Work truck.

Phil

Would you also need a C1 license? 

I can imagine that the gross weight of these trucks are going to be easily in excess of 3,500kg that a B licence would cover...