eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

9 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

No tax. When are people going to get up to date with road tax when selling?

Given that some people still seem to think that historic vehicle exemption is at 25 years, I'm going to say it'll be a while yet.

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

Given that some people still seem to think that historic vehicle exemption is at 25 years, I'm going to say it'll be a while yet.

Guilty. I thought it was 25 until recently, I’ll have to admit.

27 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Aside from those horrible number plates, this looks proper class

1972 Austin Mini Clubman. 1000cc. Mallard Green. Matching numbers. Very rare.  - Picture 1 of 11

1972 Austin Mini Clubman. 1000cc. Mallard Green. Matching numbers. Very rare. | eBay

The number plates are the least of its problems. For that price I would expect the car to have the trim from a Mini Clubman, not an 850 Saloon. And don't get me started on what those extra wide cover sills might be hiding. 

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

Cheap eclat in St Albans,

IMG_1089.png

IMG_1090.png

I can almost smell the damp mouldy interior from here! In theory if you wanted to strip it out for track days etc, it would probably make a good starting point. 

2 hours ago, DVee8 said:

I'm going to assume that the seller knows absolutely nothing about the car, considering that she thinks the dealer sticker is a model designation...

I'm wondering if the listed mileage is inaccurate as well, as 95000 km isn't exactly "extremely low".

@Schaefft how's the price for one of these that's been sitting for a decade?

3 hours ago, DVee8 said:

22 minutes ago, GR8 PL8 M8 said:

I'm going to assume that the seller knows absolutely nothing about the car, considering that she thinks the dealer sticker is a model designation...

I'm wondering if the listed mileage is inaccurate as well, as 95000 km isn't exactly "extremely low".

@Schaefft how's the price for one of these that's been sitting for a decade?

That's the thing, the car isn't low mileage, neither is it necessarily worth 3 grand. I paid around 2k for my lower mileage Deville that didnt need much aside from bad cosmetics due to vandalism. I actually always wanted to try one of these fwd V8 Continentals, same engine as in my Mark VIIIs but transversely mounted and detuned to help the gearbox/with traction a little, not necessarily making it easier to work on either though. Maybe two grand on a good day depending on how well it runs and overall shape. I'm expecting a fairly rough car that was maintained somewhat half-heartedly by people who barely knew what they were doing on something like this. It's local though so bookmarked to see if the price drops in a few weeks!