eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

27 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Aside from those horrible number plates, this looks proper class

1972 Austin Mini Clubman. 1000cc. Mallard Green. Matching numbers. Very rare.  - Picture 1 of 11

1972 Austin Mini Clubman. 1000cc. Mallard Green. Matching numbers. Very rare. | eBay

The number plates are the least of its problems. For that price I would expect the car to have the trim from a Mini Clubman, not an 850 Saloon. And don't get me started on what those extra wide cover sills might be hiding. 

2 hours ago, DVee8 said:

I'm going to assume that the seller knows absolutely nothing about the car, considering that she thinks the dealer sticker is a model designation...

I'm wondering if the listed mileage is inaccurate as well, as 95000 km isn't exactly "extremely low".

@Schaefft how's the price for one of these that's been sitting for a decade?

3 hours ago, DVee8 said:

22 minutes ago, GR8 PL8 M8 said:

I'm going to assume that the seller knows absolutely nothing about the car, considering that she thinks the dealer sticker is a model designation...

I'm wondering if the listed mileage is inaccurate as well, as 95000 km isn't exactly "extremely low".

@Schaefft how's the price for one of these that's been sitting for a decade?

That's the thing, the car isn't low mileage, neither is it necessarily worth 3 grand. I paid around 2k for my lower mileage Deville that didnt need much aside from bad cosmetics due to vandalism. I actually always wanted to try one of these fwd V8 Continentals, same engine as in my Mark VIIIs but transversely mounted and detuned to help the gearbox/with traction a little, not necessarily making it easier to work on either though. Maybe two grand on a good day depending on how well it runs and overall shape. I'm expecting a fairly rough car that was maintained somewhat half-heartedly by people who barely knew what they were doing on something like this. It's local though so bookmarked to see if the price drops in a few weeks!