Home made pick ups.

Yoss

As it says RS200/P100 mash up, I think you are going to be disappointed. You can see the Sierra doors, I think it's far more P100 than RS200. My guess is it's a normal P100 with bits of RS200 bodywork stuck on. I don't know this for sure but that's what I'm seeing looking at the photos. 

Whatever it is, I'm willing to bet there's a Ford Sierra power train hiding under the RS200 lookalike bonnet. Which, at least I hope,  means a real RS200 hasn't been butchered to make a crap pick up.

3 hours ago, Missy Charm said:

That must have been really complicated to do.  The RS200 is mid engined, which isn't great for a pickup, but that one's engine is nowhere in evidence.  Do you think the converter canted it over to lay flat like a bus engine?  Or perhaps something more complicated was done like putting in a front mounted 1.3 Endura-E.  Nice to see a genuine RS200 in daily use, though, must be one fast pickup!

22 minutes ago, Yoss said:

As it says RS200/P100 mash up, I think you are going to be disappointed. You can see the Sierra doors, I think it's far more P100 than RS200. My guess is it's a normal P100 with bits of RS200 bodywork stuck on. I don't know this for sure but that's what I'm seeing looking at the photos. 

This… it’s basically a P100 with the RS bits grated on. 

On 12/19/2021 at 10:08 PM, adw1977 said:

Wasn't there a kit car RS200 replica?  Might be one of those, or parts of that kit attached to a P100.

Banham 200, designed for an MG Maestro, but supposedly used genuine moulds for the panels.

It could well be using parts of that kit. Although there are a few others out there, also.

7 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Screenshot_20220103-130006_Reddit.jpg

Ditto, see my previous post, though more than 2 cars may have been involved here. Is that rare wheel even attached?

I’m  sure that hood scoop is absolutely essential!

I'm going to risk offending Sherpa floppytop lickers and say keeping a mogwai in one when it's raining is not a good idea.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

I keep seeing this on eBay. Utterly grim, with a side order of alien puke. 

8ED81E9C-9BC8-4A24-810E-3E28C5541754.png

Jesus wept...

Wheelbase-wise, that looks like a 'Defender'/LR90 with half a Disco shell nailed approximately on top.  Which is arse-backward from the usual OLLI abomination.

12 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

Jesus wept...

Wheelbase-wise, that looks like a 'Defender'/LR90 with half a Disco shell nailed approximately on top.  Which is arse-backward from the usual OLLI abomination.

That looks like a death trap. It seems to be coming apart already. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got my interest on eBay though is sadly one of the fartoofuckingmany muggy adds with one pic and a telephone number to raw bum the unsuspecting in a dry and vigorous fashion. 
Nice though. Defo would.

202B765E-1C87-410C-B36C-8DC39CBADCB1.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...