Ford timelord

Bren

23 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

There's been a development! I idly decided to check the DVLA again and was amazed to see it now says the last V5 was issued on 10 July 2020. That's another new V5 this year and just 3 days ago. Something is definitely going on here...

a change to the historic vehicle taxation class perhaps? 

but ill keep an eye on it over the next few days and see if anything happens regarding any keeper changes :) 

which you can also do yourself now if you wish :) 

On 6/15/2020 at 4:22 PM, LightBulbFun said:

heres a good car info website I just ran across https://www.carbaba.co.uk/

use the "value my car" thing  give it the reg and just a made up milage and it will happily disgorge a good bit info about whatever your vehicle your looking up :)  (seems to use the same back end my special tool uses)

does not give VIN numbers or plate history etc tho sadly

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/25/2019 at 6:41 PM, quicksilver said:

With all these intriguing new developments, I thought it would be useful to put together a Ford Timeline of the important dates in the car's history. Here's what I've gathered from this thread.

Sep 1968: WGU18G first registered

Early 1986: used as a background vehicle in Superman IV filmed at Pinewood (scenes cut from film)

Mid 1986: acquired by Flinton Chalk from Pinewood disposal auction and painted as a Bluesmobile tribute

Late 1986/early 1987: acquired by Jimmy Cauty

May 1987: first published photos in Cauty’s ownership as the JAMsmobile

3 Sep 1987: last keeper change for WGU18G recorded by DVLA

Sep 1987: driven to Sweden, breaks down and is recovered to London

6 Oct 1987: last V5 issued for WGU18G

Dec 1987: photographed in London by Melody Maker magazine

Feb 1988: photo from Sweden used on Who Killed the JAMs? album cover

May 1988: appears in Doctorin’ The Tardis video and record art as Ford Timelord

Nov/Dec 1988: appears in The White Room film

By Jan 1989: Jimmy Cauty purchases Ford LTD JLE67K as a replacement for WGU18G

Early 1989: Galaxie and LTD both appear in Beatmasters & Merlin’s Who’s In The House video

31 Mar 1989: last tax on WGU18G expires

Spring 1989: LTD sold to Simon Matthews of Jesus Jones

Mid/late 1989: Cauty tries to borrow LTD back from Matthews as Galaxie is now a non-runner

Dec 1990: last public appearance in 3AM Eternal video combining unused exterior footage from The White Room with new interior footage

Mar 1991:  Jon Mace photographs the disused but complete car at Trancentral (date previously thought to be Nov 1991)

Apr 1991: a model Ford Timelord appears in Last Train to Trancentral (Stadium House mix) video

30 Jun 1991: raced by Paul Bickers at Swaffham and subsequently scrapped - confirmed demise of the original Ford Timelord

Nov 1991: clips from Doctorin' the Tardis featuring Ford Timelord appear in the Tammy Wynette Justified and Ancient video

Nov 1991: Jimmy Cauty moves out of Trancentral and car is wrongly rumoured put into storage in Norfolk (possibly confused with the Chevrolet Nova below) 

15 Mar 1992: Jimmy Cauty races a Chevrolet Nova in KLF colours at Nordoff-Robbins charity race at Wimbledon, supposedly having been asked to race Ford Timelord. Phil Blake is present and witnesses Cauty crash it into the wall. This car may have survived the race and been recovered to Paul Bickers's yard, contributing to rumours of Ford Timelord's survival.

31 Aug 1993: last tax on JLE67K expires, having been sold by a friend of Matthews while he was overseas on tour

Nov 1994: Drummond and Cauty push a hired Nissan Bluebird over a cliff, not as previously thought as a substitute for Ford Timelord

1997: a Chevrolet Caprice in KLF colours owned by Phil Blake appears at the K Foundation's M25 Spin event

2013: Jimmy Cauty unveils his art installation Aftermath Dislocation Principle, featuring a model Ford Timelord (not the one from the 1991 video) hidden behind shipping containers

Aug 2017: Phil Blake's replica Ford Timelord WGU18E vandalised by Drummond and Cauty at Welcome to the Dark Ages event in Liverpool

Sep 2019: Bill Drummond tells Datsuncog there were two Ford Timelords. The second car he refers to is ultimately identified as JLE67K rather than another Galaxie.

Dec 2019: contact with Paul Bickers confirms he raced the car at Swaffham in 1991

Dec 2019: Phil Blake joins Autoshite and shares the findings of his own investigation that reached the same conclusions

2020. New V5C issued. But to who?

On 11/7/2020 at 9:53 AM, mk2_craig said:

2020. New V5C issued. But to who?

Thanks for the prompt, I've updated the Ford Timeline with all the new developments discovered this year. If only there was a way to find out who has that V5 it would shed a lot of light on the situation.

26 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

Surely anyone can apply for a V5C? DVLA write to the registered keeper to confirm the change and if they don't get a response, it's issued.

That's how it used to be anyway, no way of knowing if the car exists or someone just wanted a bit of KLF memorabilia 

You'd need the VIN number though I think. 

• 1 month later...

This thread  (and Egg's mk 1 mondeo's bASe saga, I mean love story) made me join, an immense amount of research and I thank you for it. 👌

That Galaxie is tempting  and almost reasonably priced - longines American chod watcher here, a grimy AS spec Dodge Monaco or  Galaxie is long term goal.

5 hours ago, Low Horatio gearbox said:

This thread  (and Egg's mk 1 mondeo's bASe saga, I mean love story) made me join, an immense amount of research and I thank you for it. 👌

That Galaxie is tempting  and almost reasonably priced - longines American chod watcher here, a grimy AS spec Dodge Monaco or  Galaxie is long term goal.

Welcome LHG! Sniff and Smith listener, presumably?!

Q

2 hours ago, Rod/b said:

Welcome LHG! Sniff and Smith listener, presumably?!

Indeed. I couldn't come up with something so witty myself obvs 🤷‍♂️ one if not both of them must be aware of this place due to both their love of shutters. ( buying of in  Johnny's case and tedious facts of - Rich has an obvious rover 800 and P6 afflictjon/affinity)

3 hours ago, 808 Estate said:

Awesome username dude. :D

Stolen as per above 🤦‍♂️

From the description page...

KLF exist.
KLF have appropriated the work done between the
1st of January 1987 and 31st of December 1991 by
The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu,
The Timelords
The KLF
This appropriation was in order to tell a story in five chapters using the medium of streaming.
The name of the story is SAMPLECITY THRU TRANCENTRAL.
The five chapters are:
1. Kick Out The JAMs,
2. Pure Trance Series,
3. Come Down Dawn,
4. Moody Boys Selection
5. Solid State Logik (Parts 1 &2).
If you need to know more about the work done by The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, The Timelords or The KLF, you can find truths, rumours and half-truths scattered across the internet.
From these truths, rumours and half-truths, you can form your own opinions.
The actual facts were washed down a storm drain in Brixton some time in the late 20th century.
Further information can be found on a poster, fly posted under a railway bridge on the Kingsland Road in London on the 31st of December 2020.

Oh my god, they're back!! 😮

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

Further information can be found on a poster, fly posted under a railway bridge on the Kingsland Road in London on the 31st of December 2020.

thats amusing as Kingsland road is pretty local to me :) 

shame I dont have REV with me or id go and check it out, (because that counts as an essential journey right? LOL)