LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

3 minutes ago, OhNoWhatHaveIDone said:

I certainly don't want to be a main character, putting words in my mouth, I want to be treated fairly on here, as I've said before, I will defend myself, anyone who's verbally attacked me did so first.

Fuck off, cunt.

2 minutes ago, OhNoWhatHaveIDone said:

For defending myself?  Go back to your beer, you had your chance Betty Ford.

@Mrs6C @brownnova @NorthernMonkey and whoever else is a mod.

For reasons I don't really want to go into here, I feel like comments like this step over the mark of banter.

Combined with the rest of this lovely chap's contribution to the forum, I think at least pre-mod would be appropriate. 

As I mentioned a littlw while back.. this absolutely will not degrade back into the bullshit that happened a few pages ago.  @OhNoWhatHaveIDone you clearly still cannot see that you were the instigator of all of that, and if you had just shut the everliving fuck up, there would have been far fewer issues.

You do not get to tell people here what to do.  You just don't.  Report whatever you like, but we have a set of rules/guidelines, and the only person falling foul of them at the moment is you.

9 minutes ago, OhNoWhatHaveIDone said:

For defending myself?  Go back to your beer, you had your chance Betty Ford.

you go back to your sniff and wanking, just leave reb out of it

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, reb said:

@Mrs6C @brownnova @NorthernMonkey and whoever else is a mod.

For reasons I don't really want to go into here, I feel like comments like this step over the mark of banter.

Combined with the rest of this lovely chap's contribution to the forum, I think at least pre-mod would be appropriate. 

Oh really, like your pictures of a troll on a keyboard, comments of 'man walks into a pub'. There are multiple others..... Don't give it out if you can't take it.......!!

Just now, OhNoWhatHaveIDone said:

Oh really, like your pictures of a troll on a keyboard, comments of 'man walks into a pub'. There are multiple others..... Don't give it out if you can't take it.......!!

If you cannot see the difference, then you have absolutely no empathy.

A picture of a troll never destroyed anyones life.

You odious little wanker.

• Talbot locked this topic

Right.  When I said that I would not allow this thread to deteriorate again, I really meant it.  So, I've locked it for the moment.

Can I emplore:

reb  Just put this idiot on ignore.  He's pushing buttons and causing issues.

OhnowhathaveIdone.  Make no mistake.. you are causing these issues.

This will be unlocked whenever Dez is happy for it to be unlocked.

And before anyone else makes the comment:  No, I'm not a Mod, but I am an administrator of this forum, and whilst I did somewhat fan the flames a few pages back, enough is enough and I won't allow one idiot member to derail the thread AGAIN.  It's just unacceptable behavior.

Any mod can unlock this whenever they see fit.  Or, @LightBulbFun drop me a PM and I'll unlock it.

To add: this kind of repeated abusive trolling won’t be tolerated. This is a community. One which at its best helps each other out, cares for its members and provides a good amount of piss taking too. 

Prime Directive is don’t be a dick. A few have edged close to that line in this thread, one has clearly crossed it repeatedly. They won’t be posting in this thread again for a while. 

• Talbot unlocked this topic

Took me 4 hours to catch up.

I'll cut it down to basics for anyone in the same position as I was.

Invacars are no more dangerous in London than a bike or electric scooter.

We have a new member who is not afraid to speak his mind, but is afraid of listening.

We have the welcome return of an old member.

Saabnut is God and I wish him well.

And to think I got banned on pistonheads for saying a blokes modifications were not to my taste and I'd burn it with fire, but each to their own and that's just my opinion, and I would fight for his right to do what he wants as long as its not unsafe or antisocial. 

I'd love to drive an invacar just once, to see what the fuss is about.  Not far mind. A couple of hours would be enough. 

26 minutes ago, New POD said:

And to think I got banned on pistonheads for saying a blokes modifications were not to my taste and I'd burn it with fire, but each to their own and that's just my opinion, and I would fight for his right to do what he wants as long as its not unsafe or antisocial. 

I'd love to drive an invacar just once, to see what the fuss is about.  Not far mind. A couple of hours would be enough. 

Hours?!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, reb said:

I've just realised I lied when I said I don't own an invacar

20241002_123816.jpg.9a6117af6f8cd2b7452e61d2c4a99a79.jpg

Looks like Paul Sample artwork from Ogri. 😎

5 minutes ago, plasticvandan said:

Pictorial history of the invalid tricycle,I have a couple of original copies but should probably leave it to the expert to confirm.

Pretty sure that's the one.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, reb said:

I've just realised I lied when I said I don't own an invacar

20241002_123816.jpg.9a6117af6f8cd2b7452e61d2c4a99a79.jpg

I've seen worse tattoos. 

2 hours ago, plasticvandan said:

Pictorial history of the invalid tricycle,I have a couple of original copies but should probably leave it to the expert to confirm.

This just cropped up when I was looking for something about Graham Hill.

I'm sure that you're well aware of it but just in the one in a million chance you're not here it is:

https://api.parliament.uk/historic-hansard/lords/1974/feb/05/disabled-drivers-vehicles

As it's in Hansard it's got quite a lot of credibility in my opinion and this seems to be the key point:

"Recently, the famous racing driver, Mr. Graham Hill, used a wheelchair as a result of an accident, and he was asked to test one of the three-wheelers for a national newspaper. I will quote his own words. He said: I was so appalled at what I found that ever since then I have tried everything within my power to publicise the fact that such vehicles should not be allowed on the road

Edit : I'm sure that the post above wasn't there when I originally posted this, my age is obviously showing.

Edited by chadders
  • Like 1

Ah,  but just like Brummie john and his diver helmet , driving with no insurance , Graham shouldn't have flown a  plane  with no insurance....6 dead  and the Hill money gone ..

Luckily Damon Hill was shit hot at driving , ( as i taught him :grin:) , (   and Kimi  :-))and he made a fuck ton of money to get the Hill family back on track .. :-D

15 minutes ago, Christine said:

Ah,  but just like Brummie john and his diver helmet , driving with no insurance , Graham shouldn't have flown a  plane  with no insurance....6 dead  and the Hill money gone ..

Luckily Damon Hill was shit hot at driving , ( as i taught him :grin:) , (   and Kimi  :-))and he made a fuck ton of money to get the Hill family back on track .. :-D

What colour is the sky on your planet?