LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

24 minutes ago, Jim Bergerac said:

I don't even bother to put my camera on for most of my meetings. 

That's just ignorant in my opinion, its pointless you being there, I ask that everyone has the cameras on in teams meetings and its not an unreasonable request, it shows the person is engaged and not wanking off.

3 hours ago, Christine said:

User Researcher... 28k a year !  Dez does that for nothing / free/ zilch  ,  at the moment?  He'd have access to the dvla computer 24/7 .... :shock:Help!

Perfect for him…….his stubborn refusal inability to recognise common sense or apply logic would see him head of department in weeks

27 minutes ago, Nyphur said:

I've not wanked even ONCE during a call.

Amateur.

A lady I was seeing to last year had a nice little desk/laptop set up in her bedroom. 

She pinned me to the bed and rode me like a rocking horse during one teams meeting.  It was quite interesting hearing about her company's projected P&L for the last financial year whilst being mounted.  Made a change from The Archers or Loose Women in the background.

1 minute ago, Nyphur said:

I do like your posts on here but I think I'll stick to just keeping my camera off and contributing to meetings where I can.

You tease.  

The best ones always play hard to get - don't think I'll be giving up that easily young man...

50 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

That's just ignorant in my opinion, its pointless you being there, I ask that everyone has the cameras on in teams meetings and its not an unreasonable request, it shows the person is engaged and not wanking off.

I tend to use cameras in one to one meetings or if I am leading the meeting, a lot of the ones I have are for dozens of people where input isn't really required, Wednesday I've one which has about 100 people in it, no point everyone putting their camera on for that. 

16 hours ago, HMC said:

Nick larkin

Lovely, lovely guy.  His enthusiasm for anything nerdy is infectious.  I could listen to him bleat on about local radio, Peterborough and buses for hours on end.  

I can't imagine for a moment that anyone would be allowed into the DVLA these days.  GDPR M9 is a reflex answer to anything now - much like 'elf and safety innit' is.

@wesacosa Do the other photos show how a Reliant chassis has been used?  Bit of an unlikely choice because the configuration of a Reliant chassis is considerably different and I would have thought (without checking) that dimensions would require much hacking about of the body or chassis to make things fit.  Not really an Invacar any more after all that.  Keeping the registration could be tricky. 

23 minutes ago, RayMK said:

@wesacosa Do the other photos show how a Reliant chassis has been used?  Bit of an unlikely choice because the configuration of a Reliant chassis is considerably different and I would have thought (without checking) that dimensions would require much hacking about of the body or chassis to make things fit.  Not really an Invacar any more after all that.  Keeping the registration could be tricky. 

yeah sadly that pair is a bit of a Hot potato, I do feel bad for Chris Young, I think it was him that was somewhat miss-sold the Mk12E in the first place, the seller said to him "oh the ICR can sort it out for you" yeah no, not without a known chassis number! (that being said a DVLA issued chassis number and suitable dating cert would be able to get an age related number, thats a fairly involved process that the ICR is not currently setup to handle)

as for the White and blue one

you can read about it here :)

https://autoshite.com/topic/32723-lightbulbfuns-invacar-general-ramble-thread-index-on-page-1-survivors-lists-on-pages-24134-adgecutlers-invacar-mk12-restoration-from-page-186-onwards-still-harping-on/page/302/#comment-2715961

I agree that im not sure it should  of been registered as an Invacar in the capacity that it was, but thankfully said identity is just on a 2018 record, age related plate

its true idenity for the most part has not been touched, so should someone be able to able fabricate a new chassis for it to faithful Mk12B specifications, then its true identity could likely be returned to it :) 

On 27/01/2024 at 20:33, LightBulbFun said:

I dont think you realise, I have driven REV for *hours* at a time around the FoD, in total I have done about 40 miles in her, just ambling around the FoD.

she was literally my mobility scooter/portable chair for that location, and when she went away from the FoD it was a real problem for me being without her, (until I was able to borrow a mobility scooter and then was kindly provided one on a more permanent basis)

this is also one of the reasons I have been reluctant of any other car, I dont exactly want to drop £2000 on something that will cause me pain, I rather just have REV back, a vehicle I already know im compatible, comfortable familiar and happy with.

and surely thats the best vehicle for someone is it not?

its pretty clear that you and a few others here, have never driven a Model 70, your all just talking exaggerated bollocks, because you you dont like me or my objectives in life

and thats fine you dont have to like me or what my plan is in life 

but the exaggerated bollocks is not very Autoshite is it? I thought this was the forum where we/people put paid to the usual top gear nonsense car bollocks.

I know people here will defend British leyland for example, and be quick to point out, that a lot of people who talk shit about BL, have never actually driven the vehicle they are talking shit about

most of what Jazoli is pretty much bollocks, plenty of Invacars on here, have been daily driven, disabled people did it back in the day for over 50 years and even today, once suitably brought up to shape, its pretty well proven that a Model 70 can get get from point A to point B without any drama at all

no its not going to be like wafting down the motorway in a Rolls Royce, buts not like its going to be like the end of the world either

case in point, Zel and DW, have done a combined 8000+ miles in their respective Model 70's and even @AdgeCutler has done a couple thousand miles in his Mk12E I think? (certainly well over 1000) even, and thats a Villiers machine!

and its mostly been fault free miles, there has been the odd niggle and foible and even breakdown here and there, but nothing that insurmountable or out of the ordinary, and a good number of the actual breakdowns was simply due to wear items not being replaced when they should of been.

and Zel certainly uses his for more then just occasional curious jaunts, I have seen him often talk about using TPA for that days errands for example

IMG_20210714_144344.jpg

IMG_20210714_144330.jpg

IMG_20210226_122930.jpg

and Dollywobbler would frequently use TWC for doing postal runs for his merch store.

I am well aware of their limitations/deficiencies, I dont get why it angers people so much that I do still just prefer to, again, go with what im most happy with, its not like im forcing anyone else here to drive an Invacar against their will LOL

again I thought we where above this level of top-gear bullshittery, do you also go around to Reliant Robin, BMC Mini, owners, or Motorcyclists and tell them how all their machines are death traps, and will all fall apart when you go above 15Mph?

if you dont understand why I enjoy the Rattle box that is the Model 70, and thus feel the need to talk such bollocks on my thread, then perhaps to be brutally honest, this forum is not for you...

I'm absolutely loving TPA's interior now - Zel has transformed her! 😍  I find the whole Invacar history very interesting, and peoples efforts to restore them & keep them going - I don't understand why some people seem to have a problem with that - if you don't like them, don't buy one.  It's not rocket science! 🚀

1 hour ago, Weird Car said:

If anyone wants to do a group buy I’d happily chuck in a few hundred to get these saved 

I think there's already a little cartel forming over on 'the other forum' to buy these and secure an entertaining but short future for them.

1 hour ago, MGBetts said:

I'm absolutely loving TPA's interior now - Zel has transformed her! 

*it.

13 minutes ago, barefoot said:

Honestly, it's like when I named my girls, from left to right:

Willy the white car, Olly the orange van, Billy the blue car and of course Suzy the silver shit heap. Christ, the grief I had trying to get parts.

to be honest if you tried calling a garage and said "i'd like parts for my Invacar please" or "i'd like parts for my Model 70 please"

these days, you would get the same reaction if you said "i'd like to get parts for my Willy" 

"you want parts for you what?!"

(and then you find yourself hastily explaining what your actually on about!)

18 minutes ago, Rovorsche said:

I dont know if anybody is looking for incavare spares but i have found a proper Aladins Cave of bits, probably enough to build a new one

https://www.worthpoint.com/inventory/search?query=invacar+ac&categories=

thats sadly "just" a cache of previous eBay listings from around 2012ish, which is quite interesting in its own right

in the past its been a very useful reference tool  its how I found a few survivors in my early days :)

https://autoshite.com/topic/32723-lightbulbfuns-invacar-general-ramble-thread-index-on-page-1-survivors-lists-on-pages-24134-adgecutlers-invacar-mk12-restoration-from-page-186-onwards-still-harping-on/page/11/#comment-1723755

I appreciate the heads up none the less :) 

1 minute ago, jonathan_dyane said:

Is there any way I can get the DVLA to send my wife a replacement logbook for her Saab with make and model changed to Vauxhall Labrador? 

I cant do that, but I can sort you out an evening snack?

Screenshot2024-02-13at20_09_17.thumb.png.fdb8bb1c60fc47792618d59ec23f2e14.png

with some crisps or onions on the side

image.png