New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon,

I feel as though I have somehow stumbled across the internet version of the sitcom that continually plays out inside my skull.

I have a liking for various old shite, which obviously includes cars, but also have an unhealthy habit for steel road bikes that have been secreted to the attic, basement and into various cupboards around the house. Well, I say bikes but when interrogated on just how many I have they are of course just 'frames' which isn't a bike at all - merely a component. I think I have around forty, but that must be kept quiet 😳

As for cars, I've had a liking for German things (VW, Audi, BMW, Mercedes) apart from a Triumph Spitfire when I was an impoverished (still am) student. Red, tatty roof, dubious welding, no service history, all your possessions in the boot, footwell, on the passenger seat and rammed into the space behind the seats. Great car - every journey an adventure because it's the 'will I make it' feeling in your tummy that makes you feel alive. Also had fatter carbs and a straight through exhaust so it was much faster than a standard spitty and sounded the nuts, however in reality it probably still had the performance of an asthmatic sloth.

I have also had issues with buying cars when really, really hungover and that has led to a few sad moments in my life. However, on the upside I am the current custodian of a VW T4 Multivan that is thinking about eating itself, an E46 330i sport touring (manual box),  a Golf GTi mk1 with a 16v conversion, a Golf GTi mk2 with a 2 litre conversion waiting to go in, and a 190e in 16v form. There's also a BSA B40 that belonged to my grandad bless his mental soul.

So everything sounds fairly rosy, but I do seem to be rather good at buying stuff but then never actually getting around to finishing it and getting it drivable again. To be honest, I think I need more skills and a kick up the arse.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2023 at 1:13 PM, GC97 said:

Been lurking on the site for 3 years without posting so hi 😂

This is my '93 Proton 1.5 GLS

GCP_1668.jpg

Welcome.

Much approve of the Proton as well. 

It's probably long gone. But is the HBOL with the post it note stuck on it still with that car? 

54 minutes ago, popularplus said:

I've also been lurking around the forum for a while so I might as well say hello here. I'm quite a fan of the Ford Fiesta, in particular the MK3 and MK4, hence the username "popularplus". Less is more, as some say. 😉

welcome aboard

Hi all, just making myself known here, been lurking on the forum for probably a couple of years.

Being an old so and so, I've owned in the dim and distant past, cars that are either deemed classics or crap - it's subjective I suppose.

These include, both Hillman and Chrysler Avengers, Chrysler and Talbot Alpines and Solaras, Peugeot 305 van, 1500 VW beetle, Nissan P11E Primera estate, Nissan QX 2.0, Nissan Almera 2.2 dizzle, Rover75 dizzle......not an exhaustive list 'tho.

At the moment, I have a twelve year old car (daily drive), a thirty year old car (absolute money pit garage queen) and a forty year old car (that I definitely paid way too much for during lockdown).

In the throes of wanting to buy something else - not sure what though.....

Daily drive - 2011 Mercedes C200 AMG Sport with a stage 1 remap 

Lockdown project purchase - 1980 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Money pit / garage queen - 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo  - running 330Bhp - at the moment

IMG_20230415_163246.jpg

IMG_20230410_132437.jpg

IMG_20210918_170840.jpg

3 hours ago, Vimesy said:

Hi all, just making myself known here, been lurking on the forum for probably a couple of years.

Being an old so and so, I've owned in the dim and distant past, cars that are either deemed classics or crap - it's subjective I suppose.

These include, both Hillman and Chrysler Avengers, Chrysler and Talbot Alpines and Solaras, Peugeot 305 van, 1500 VW beetle, Nissan P11E Primera estate, Nissan QX 2.0, Nissan Almera 2.2 dizzle, Rover75 dizzle......not an exhaustive list 'tho.

At the moment, I have a twelve year old car (daily drive), a thirty year old car (absolute money pit garage queen) and a forty year old car (that I definitely paid way too much for during lockdown).

Money pit / garage queen - 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo  - running 330Bhp - at the moment

IMG_20230415_163246.jpg

IMG_20230410_132437.jpg

IMG_20210918_170840.jpg

nice motors, and welcome along

3 hours ago, Vimesy said:

IMG_20230415_163246.jpg

IMG_20230410_132437.jpg

IMG_20210918_170840.jpg

Spanning similar eras to me, welcome aboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.  Found this thread about three or four weeks ago, and have been following it since, so I thought I may as well join up and join in.  I live in the Highlands and will probably be mostly scanning ads up here to find stuff to post.  My own cars are a 2006 smart forfour Brabus, a 1993 Volvo 850 2ltr, and a 1992 Volvo 960 24v.  All SORNed at the moment, as I have been myself, to be fair, but I hope to get mobile again by around this time next year.  I retire officially in a few months, but haven't been fit for much over the last few years.  Cooling and fuel systems mainly sound; body, transmission, and electrics decayed and in need of restoration; essentially, I'm structurally shite.

16 minutes ago, Snookey said:

Hello all.  Found this thread about three or four weeks ago, and have been following it since, so I thought I may as well join up and join in.  I live in the Highlands and will probably be mostly scanning ads up here to find stuff to post.  My own cars are a 2006 smart forfour Brabus, a 1993 Volvo 850 2ltr, and a 1992 Volvo 960 24v.  All SORNed at the moment, as I have been myself, to be fair, but I hope to get mobile again by around this time next year.  I retire officially in a few months, but haven't been fit for much over the last few years.  Cooling and fuel systems mainly sound; body, transmission, and electrics decayed and in need of restoration; essentially, I'm structurally shite.

Welcome.
I seen VOLVO and instantly approve.
Don't forget to post some pictures, and get yourself a thread going.
Welcome aboard

Regards MM5

10 hours ago, Snookey said:

In Scotland, has Volvos. 
Standard. 

Welcome along! 

I do regularly get folk chapping my door asking to buy them.  It's become so tedious I make a show of looking up above the doorway before asking where's the used cars for sale sign.  A couple of them have been back two or three times, despite being told that I have no intention of selling.

4 hours ago, Snookey said:

I do regularly get folk chapping my door asking to buy them.  It's become so tedious I make a show of looking up above the doorway before asking where's the used cars for sale sign.  A couple of them have been back two or three times, despite being told that I have no intention of selling.

Just stick a bloody big sign on them telling them how you feel about being disturbed or a smaller one on the front door which could be more polite one saying sorry rusty bricks are not for sale.

On 02/04/2023 at 13:13, GC97 said:

Been lurking on the site for 3 years without posting so hi 😂

This is my '93 Proton 1.5 GLS

GCP_1668.jpg

How is it possible to Not comment for 3 years?  Are you very shy? By the way that's a nice yauct you got there.