New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

On 30/11/2023 at 14:38, MrBig said:

Afternoon all, new boy here. Not too much shite in the fleet at the moment, other than the dailies, there is a 69 beetle resto project ongoing, but I do miss having some shite in my life so might be on the hunt in the new year! 🙂

Welcome to the madhouse, there's some cookies in a jar by the kettle, that's if @Cavcraft or @Dan302 haven't scoffed them all

21 hours ago, kevins said:

Evening, been watching on here for a while thought I'd join in. We have a small collection,  my own cars are a 1987 Range Rover, 1980 TR7V8 and a 1973 Lotus Elan +2S130.  My wife has a 1997 mx5 mk1 and a 2010 fiesta, my Daughter a 2005 StreetKa and my Son  1969 Morris minor, Bunglebus has snapped a couple of pics of some of them in the past.

Welcome it sounds like you have a fine collection of chod

On 02/12/2023 at 23:32, kevins said:

Evening, been watching on here for a while thought I'd join in. We have a small collection,  my own cars are a 1987 Range Rover, 1980 TR7V8 and a 1973 Lotus Elan +2S130.  My wife has a 1997 mx5 mk1 and a 2010 fiesta, my Daughter a 2005 StreetKa and my Son  1969 Morris minor, Bunglebus has snapped a couple of pics of some of them in the past.

How many Kevins, tho?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Top four! Not sure about colour of the TR7 or the Minor palette tho..

The minor is its original colours, it was one of  4 vehicles used by Bristol Omnibus as inspector vehicles, Corgi made a model of our vehicle.

TR is a bit marmite, some love it some don't, it is the colour they used for the older racing TRs and spitfires. I'm going off the black wheels though they will go silver  before it gets new tyres.

TR are a bit marmite end of. I do like them having  had one around the late 70s early 80s. Mine was in Russet Brown . I was Autoshite before Autoshite was forum.

• Like 1

Evening all. My name’s Glen, and I’ve been lurking for a short while. 😀

My fleet is quite eclectic, the mainstay is a much modified Land-Rover Series 2 that I’ve had for the last 30 years. I’m currently in the process of purging several long running projects that I have come to the decision that they’re not going to get finished, so I’m not going to waste everyone’s time going through them on here. 

The main bit of “autoshite” that I possess, and the reason why I’m here, is a Waaijenberg Canta LX, purchased earlier this year from a certain @grizz of this parish, that you may already be familiar with. 😀

IMG_9136.jpeg.55f021576c26ac18101f264b24d7185d.jpeg

I suspect that it’s a suitable chariot to gain me entry into this hallowed forum as a contributor?

Anyway, presumably there’s going to be some interest in 11hp worth of flyweight Dutch automotive lunacy, so I’ll start a thread shortly to sum up what little progress I’ve made since collecting it. 

Great to see you on here, Glenn (I was mk2vr6 on RR for many years).

Still a little gutted that you're probably going to sack off the Noddy van after so long, but sometimes you do have to clear the decks to retain some semblance of sanity. 

Welcome! 

3 hours ago, GlenAnderson said:

Evening all. My name’s Glen, and I’ve been lurking for a short while. 😀

My fleet is quite eclectic, the mainstay is a much modified Land-Rover Series 2 that I’ve had for the last 30 years. I’m currently in the process of purging several long running projects that I have come to the decision that they’re not going to get finished, so I’m not going to waste everyone’s time going through them on here. 

The main bit of “autoshite” that I possess, and the reason why I’m here, is a Waaijenberg Canta LX, purchased earlier this year from a certain @grizz of this parish, that you may already be familiar with. 😀

IMG_9136.jpeg.55f021576c26ac18101f264b24d7185d.jpeg

I suspect that it’s a suitable chariot to gain me entry into this hallowed forum as a contributor?

Anyway, presumably there’s going to be some interest in 11hp worth of flyweight Dutch automotive lunacy, so I’ll start a thread shortly to sum up what little progress I’ve made since collecting it. 

Welcome, that's one for the cars you never knew about fred. Moar please

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all; had a bit of a nightmare trying to register on here but got there in the end (hotmail seem to stop the 'verify link' in the verify email from being clickable).  I'm based in Pembrokeshire, absolutely loving autoshite (I'm on a couple of other retro forums too) and regularly frequent others.  Same name.  Love the tone on  here, love the work going into such a eclectic selection of cars.  Genuinely surprised at how much I like old Rovers (pre-SDI's I mean) and Russian tat.  I have to confess I used to turn my nose up at them but those outdated views (disappointed at my arrogance actually) - long gone.  

I also have a predilection for French shite too.............but even I'm surprised that I'm scouring Freeads and gumtree and any other esoteric website for 1.4 BX's............!  I'm secretly trying to find a Volcane, by a seller, that doesn't know what they have.  

I've got my school dad's (not quite friends but friendly, if that makes sense) looking out for cars under tarps (alot of them are plumbers or Farm workers and visit lots of different places).  That's how I discovered the Lotus Excel you'll see below and I've found a 205 gti (owner wants restored money for a car that needs work) and other more modern but not interesting enough cars to get excited about.  There are absolutely loads in barns here in Wales - it's just getting tothe owners, in the right state of mind, is the problem.

I'm currently trying to restore a Lotus Excel.............but life has been tough over the last 3 years, particularly for my wife  whom has had cancer - it's meant all my energy has gone in to her recovery and looking after the kids/life/elderly parents.  We've got sheep too (now down to just 6 Kerry Hills) and the guinea fowl, peacocks and hens.  At one stage we had about 80 hens (wife dealing eggs out the back of the car to school mums etc etc! but we sold them just before the pandemic hit).

Here's a couple of the Lotus.  I had plans to change the interior (keeping it OE but bringing it up to a more modern approach).  That's all gone - plan is to do the bare minimum to get her an MOT and be driveable and then just drive it and restore it as I go along.  The dashboard is horrible (leather has perished etc) but I've got a horrible feeling that if I take it out, I'll never get it back in and the project will then never actually get out of the garage.  Time is my enemy - I need lots of it (as we all know) to get projects sorted but with the wife ill...........aint going to happen.  

I've got a week off in the new year (to 8th Jan) - I'm going to spend 2 days on the lotus.  Let's see what I can do in that time.

So far I've fixed the seats (fallen bottom), got the original light motors to spring back to life, bought parts, stripped the interior (had a dehumidifier running for a month solid and the underlay was still utterly sodden and rancid, so took it all out, got the car dry) and now I'm quietly getting all the bits ready to re-make the carpets above some sound deadening and waterproof underlay.  

They are simple cars but they fight you at every stage - rusty/rounded nuts and bolts (all being renewed) and parts can be scarce at times (I have over 9 cars in my autodoc garage, for example - because there are well-known 'alternative parts' from other cars that are either exactly the same (but no lotus tax) or proven alternatives.  The lotus tribe (as it were) are v v welcoming however.  

She's the 180bhp SE model, but the engine has lost most of it's 'red' from the heads to denote that 180bhp - it's still there but has flaked.  That's the sort of job I'd usually want sorted but I've parked that (not crucial for an mot of course).  As I say - I'm going to do the absolute minimum to get it mot'd.  On another couple of forums I've been saying that for over 2 years............life you know?  So now - my job list has been cut back to the absolute min.  That's my shed and my car lift by the way.  First thing I did when we moved in was get the footings dug (1 cubic metre under each blue leg filled with the correct grade of concrete) and that installed.  

20220115_120221.jpg

20220115_120230.jpg

20220130_154442.jpg

Afternoon all

Not sure my fleet qualifies as Autoshite, 1964 Cortina soon to be a garage find! 1989 Mustang stalled project and a VW T4, just about ready to return to the road. Looking forward to contributing here.

1 hour ago, 89Mustang said:

Not sure my fleet qualifies as Autoshite, 1964 Cortina soon to be a garage find! 1989 Mustang stalled project and a VW T4, just about ready to return to the road.

100% do! Yes cortinas are worth a bit but rare, old and interesting. Fox body 'stangs definitely fit the unloved category. 

• Agree 1

Thanks High Jetter and Wibble for your kind comments and yes; wouldn't wish what my wife has been through on my worst enemy frankly.  It changes you (changes everyone intimately connected anyway).  It's changed me and I didn't even go through the mastectomy or the chemo etc etc (so quite what it's done to my wife, mentally, is anyone's guess).  

There's a deep fatigue, not tiredness, that my wife can't shake.  Horrible to see and bear witness to.  

1 hour ago, Oi_Oi_Savaloy said:

Thanks High Jetter and Wibble for your kind comments and yes; wouldn't wish what my wife has been through on my worst enemy frankly.  It changes you (changes everyone intimately connected anyway).  It's changed me and I didn't even go through the mastectomy or the chemo etc etc (so quite what it's done to my wife, mentally, is anyone's guess).  

There's a deep fatigue, not tiredness, that my wife can't shake.  Horrible to see and bear witness to.  

I understand completely. My wife has had chemo too, but not for cancer. Her condition is a life changer too and the fatigue is also a part of it. 
Welcome aboard mate, this place is great for support when you need it. Don’t be shy when you do.

Wibble - sorry for what you've been through (you and your wife I mean) and sorry for what she continues to bear.  the NHS were brilliant throughout her treatment.............but all support has fallen away now that she's been given the all clear.  

Trouble is - she still needs it.  But let's move on.  

It feels like a great forum - love the irreverance and tone of the place - makes it very special imo.  Love the depth of knowledge and the comaraderie too.