New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

11 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Welcome from a former RHD Malaga owner (a very long time ago sadly).  That Ibiza is fantastic - the only way it could be any better is if it were a Disco.  Are there even any of those left?

Thank you! I’m very jealous that you owned one once apon a time! Without doubt my dream car (as silly as that sounds) 😂. I’m hoping one appears from the dead one day, I’ll be 100% investing in that!

The Disco is very cool, apparently there’s 2 left SORN so again if one comes up then I’ll try my best to obtain it! 

Just now, egg said:

That is fit. What a great design. The UK's only Sao Penza is on here, but not sure if poster visits any more.

Thank you! I saw the old thread from a few years back now and was gutted to see the original poster hasn't visited for a couple of years. Would love to track that Penza down, its still on a SORN but hasn't been MOT'd since 2020 so im guessing its still around somewhere!  

36 minutes ago, SEATMad said:

Thank you! I saw the old thread from a few years back now and was gutted to see the original poster hasn't visited for a couple of years. Would love to track that Penza down, its still on a SORN but hasn't been MOT'd since 2020 so im guessing its still around somewhere!  

It was photographed on the road outside his house a while back looking pretty sorry for itself. Shame really as it looked really clean when it was discovered a while back. It had the plate from an older 323 stuck onto it too, so its true rocking horse identity isn't quite as obvious to the untrained eye. 

Edit:  Here it is a couple of years ago. It looks scruffier now.

Screenshot_20230129_184117_Chrome.jpg.32901f4d8e802ac4b8b77bbfb576374d.jpg

Screenshot_20240207_204948_Flickr.jpg

2 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

It was photographed on the road outside his house a while back looking pretty sorry for itself. Shame really as it looked really clean when it was discovered a while back. It had the plate from an older 323 stuck onto it too, so its true rocking horse identity isn't quite as obvious to the untrained eye. 

Edit:  Here it is a couple of years ago. It looks scruffier now.

Screenshot_20230129_184117_Chrome.jpg.32901f4d8e802ac4b8b77bbfb576374d.jpg

Screenshot_20240207_204948_Flickr.jpg

That’s a massive shame, hopefully he’ll look to sell, I’ll take an attempt to save it! 

3 minutes ago, SEATMad said:

That’s a massive shame, hopefully he’ll look to sell, I’ll take an attempt to save it! 

Agreed. It was a really clean example which sailed its first mot in years. It deserves better than hooky plates and being dumped on a grass verge, out in the elements. Good luck - there was huge interest on here in 2018 iirc when he took it on and was immaculate. 

8 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Agreed. It was a really clean example which sailed its first mot in years. It deserves better than hooky plates and being dumped on a grass verge, out in the elements. Good luck - there was huge interest on here in 2018 iirc when he took it on and was immaculate. 

Yeah that is definitely a terrible shame, I’m sure one day someone will save it! Hopefully someone here! I can’t think of anything rarer than this, maybe a Lonsdale or a Malaga

On 01/02/2024 at 08:17, MrRangeRover said:

I feel I will fit in here with my collection. One in storage and two very much work in progress ‘projects’!

1. 1988 Project Peugeot 205 Junior 1.0. 57k miles.

2. 1992 Project Proton 1.3 GLS saloon. 36k miles.

3. 2001 RenaultSport Clio Phase 1 172 (also in storage). 115k miles. 

However, with a wedding coming up and the future Mrs wondering why I need 3 cars plus a daily driver, the Proton will be going to a new home at some point in the near future. 
My 36k Fiat Cinquecento Sporting in Monza Blue already found a new home, but the ‘need’ to have just one stored and one project is clear.  

So hello, greetings and all that shite,

Hopefully you’ll follow my uneasy plight,

Tears and tantrums will all be found here,

But the surely the community will lend a soothing ear! 

IMG_7725.jpeg

IMG_7724.jpeg

IMG_7722.jpeg

IMG_7720.jpeg

That Proton is the absolute titties.....much jealousy. Almost luxury in GLS trim. Not quite SE, but slightly better that the GL (unsure of the difference) and one passenger mirror better than a GE

Fun fact...an Xr3i hit me at speed whilst driving a silver 1.3 GL.....his front end crumpled. I got a huge payout, and needed to replace the plastic trim on the rear bumper, the metal bumper tapped back into shape. No other damage. Better cars than anyone gave them credit for

Hello boys and girls, Sirs and Ladies!

I'm lurking here few months and this forum growing in me each day. There is loads of incredible projects, information and know how thing and solutions and so on. 

I would like to introduce you all with my cars. 

2006 Volvo XC90 2.4 D5 automatic- mile muncher( wife's car)

2000 Volvo V40 1.9d( daily shite) who is purchased about two weeks ago but who knows how long it will stay in the family. 1000 euro car. :D

1994 BMW e36 320i( my absolutely dream car-keeper) who is sitting some time in the garage and waiting it's restoration. Soon I hope so and promise myself(can't wait already) I will start to do things around and with it.

Greetings from this side of Europa- Latvia!

20240126_161024.jpg

20220529_214510.jpg

IMG_20190102_220316.jpg

1 hour ago, rm36house said:

I'm lurking here few months and this forum growing in me each day. There is loads of incredible projects, information and know how thing and solutions and so on. 

2000 Volvo V40 1.9d( daily shite) who is purchased about two weeks ago but who knows how long it will stay in the family. 1000 euro car. :D

1994 BMW e36 320i( my absolutely dream car-keeper) who is sitting some time in the garage and waiting it's restoration. Soon I hope so and promise myself(can't wait already) I will start to do things around and with it.

20240126_161024.jpg

20220529_214510.jpg

IMG_20190102_220316.jpg

good evening and welcome too the forum

1 hour ago, rm36house said:

20240126_161024.jpg

20220529_214510.jpg

IMG_20190102_220316.jpg

Lovely selection of motors - welcome!

On 09/02/2024 at 20:34, rm36house said:

20240126_161024.jpg

20220529_214510.jpg

IMG_20190102_220316.jpg

Welcome! Nice fleet as well! 

Hello,  I’m probably slightly lost but have been recommended to join this site by a chap called Chris who has loads of shite cars, and some really nice ones.   My signature car move is buying a reliable going concern, spending lots and lots on to improve it by a small amount and then selling it for a massive loss.  I’ve had way too many cars to mention but my first car (back in ‘84 was a Skoda S110R - which I rattle canned to be red over silver (like a Cabaret Capri) over rust, lots of rust.  I replaced it with a high mileage Chrsyler Alpine which lunched it’s engine a week later.  The pattern was set ever since.   Closest car in the small fleet mix to a Shiter is base spec Opel Manta hatch on steelies.   Then there’s a couple of BMS (x1, z4), a Mercedes ragtop and an MGZS EV - which  is shite for none of the reasons you’d expect.   Hopefully you will see my size 11s, around the site.  🤓

E5C0D4FE-C5CC-43DC-956F-B358C5F03701.jpeg

F5C847F8-C945-43D1-80A2-07D77BF2FD1B.jpeg

1 hour ago, BarryD said:

My signature car move is buying a reliable going concern, spending lots and lots on to improve it by a small amount and then selling it for a massive loss.

Sounds like you'll fit in here!

Nice original looking Manta, is it an "Exclusive"? One of the better names given to a base trim level!

6 hours ago, BarryD said:

Hello,  I’m probably slightly lost but have been recommended to join this site by a chap called Chris who has loads of shite cars, and some really nice ones.   My signature car move is buying a reliable going concern, spending lots and lots on to improve it by a small amount and then selling it for a massive loss.  I’ve had way too many cars to mention but my first car (back in ‘84 was a Skoda S110R - which I rattle canned to be red over silver (like a Cabaret Capri) over rust, lots of rust.  I replaced it with a high mileage Chrsyler Alpine which lunched it’s engine a week later.  The pattern was set ever since.   Closest car in the small fleet mix to a Shiter is base spec Opel Manta hatch on steelies.   Then there’s a couple of BMS (x1, z4), a Mercedes ragtop and an MGZS EV - which  is shite for none of the reasons you’d expect.   Hopefully you will see my size 11s, around the site.  🤓

E5C0D4FE-C5CC-43DC-956F-B358C5F03701.jpeg

F5C847F8-C945-43D1-80A2-07D77BF2FD1B.jpeg

Now you see, this is what I live for! What a motor, absolutely fantastic! Welcome aboard! :) 

12 hours ago, NathanV said:

Hello all, I came over here from RR forum, after reading Grizzs posts. Still getting used to the beige but enjoying my time here.

My fleet is a mixture but I like stuff I can easily fix. Mainly into VAGs but now own a 240, as well as a T4 daily.

Nathan

Welcome! :)