Barn Find Maxi and Posh* Citroen - Maxi now on the road

theorganist

Get some yacht varnish on the paint to preserve that finish, and when the hydrolastic units sag you can pop along to a Dubber meet and be belle of the ball!

Seriously quality save. That car in that condition reminded me of the mid eighties where every other BL Car looked like that

Is it the last of the Hydralastic Maxi’s or early Hydragas?

Also can I have first dibs if you decide to sell in the future?

Yes a late hydralastic one although I had a 1978 one before which was the last of the hydralastic. Yes of course but with the blood, sweat (not all mine) and tears (and money) expended on this one it will be some way off yet. There were a glut of "project" Maxi's for sale on ebay just before Christmas something I hadn't seen for a few years. The owners club classified page usually has one or two for sale, this is where I saw this one.

My dad had one the same colour,I think on a v plate,when I was a toddler,he had a brown&primer one at the same time,which somewhere I have pics of,c.1990, the orange one was apparently taken for an mot where the tester asked how far he had driven it there,as he shouldn't really let him drive if back... And it was only ten years old! Incidentally my grandad worked at long bridge in the 70s,and had a succession of maxis,no other bl cars,maybe he knew something? :-)

• 2 months later...