Aston Martin

Panda Alessi: The Pandarin

13 minutes ago, doug said:

Is it just a plastic cover that clips into the wheel trim ? Shouldn't be too hard to make something up.....mibbies.

I've never seen one, but I believe it's a flat plastic with sides that clip into the side. 

On 5/29/2018 at 2:09 PM, Aston Martin said:

When do you get to see two in one day?

post-8806-0-97254100-1527599390_thumb.jpeg

This is Forfiatsakes one. He text me last night.

Some cunt drove into the side of it last night.

Because the insurance class them as 'Eleganzas' depending on damage, they'll write the bastard off.

I'm awaiting pics.

That’s a bastard.  Someone hit mine, I haven’t reported it to the insurance yet as I could do without my daily being written off at the moment.

Hopefully the main frame is still straight so some second hand panels and a few afternoons see I think straight again.  Do you know if FFS has the other drivers details or was it a hit and run?

1 hour ago, Parky said:

That’s a bastard.  Someone hit mine, I haven’t reported it to the insurance yet as I could do without my daily being written off at the moment.

Hopefully the main frame is still straight so some second hand panels and a few afternoons see I think straight again.  Do you know if FFS has the other drivers details or was it a hit and run?

Coppers chasing some scumbag apparently. He hasn't seen the car yet as he's away.

That’s a shame.  I never knew these existed before the Pandarin thread and it’s sad to lose one. 

Definitely see if it’s cheaply available

In happy Panpan news,  my clutch master arrived in a shagged box.  It's fine and it arrives prefilled with brake fluid, which is odd. Eurocarwanks have my service parts and slave cylinder to collect.

I'm not doing it until Saturday, however tomorrow night the East Yorkshire Thoroughbred Car Club. Yes, even more pretentious than you think. Are having the usual event at a golf club around the corner.

Now my car isn't 20 years old, so i can't join be on the green, nor am I a member which allows cars of 15 years old. So, I'll be in the car park. The woman who turns up in the standard Golf mk4, not a GTI or anything!!! is allowed on the grass... and I am not bitter. 

5 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

You know we all joke about Eurocarwanks and the wrong part....

Now given they sent me the wrong brake parts for the Merc last week, despite their web site showing the image having the correct fitting, let me guess.......

Because my life is miserable....

I went to grab the jack, nope, turns out someone lobbed it a few months back as it was shagged. Where are the axle stands? Between the shed and next doors fence behind countless bikes. So, Halfords have a jack for £35, axle stands for £18, or this big set for £59. Which is what I got.

I move the car from one bay to another, imagine my delight as I see 700 gallons of wetness trailing from where I was parked to where I moved it to. OK, it's clean water which isn't the worst sign. Ah, literally two inches of water under the windscreen.  There are these "duck bill" rubber pieces that are supposed to drain the water but always get clogged. The rain over the past few days created my very own lake.

I have every tool known to man, except I couldn't get in the bastard shed for fishing gear and boxes of screws. So, my day consisted of using anything I could. To get all the jobs done, including shagging two screwdrivers to get the oil filter off. 

I look at the spark plugs and they need changing and Eurocarparts said these were correct, after spending a few minutes struggling. I discover that their plugs are slightly fatter than mine, I get there and no fucking apology, but the plugs I need are more expensive.... Which is nice.

I dropped my 13mm socket, into the used oil. The clutch master has a tiny plastic clip that I lost whilst faffing with the pipes. That also ended up in the oil.

Anyway, oil and filter, plugs, air filter and pollen filter changed.

Clutch master and slave cylinders changed.

P.s. I also saw a Panda Mamy today.

B9D2702D-2E19-4E3E-8190-77F35AC6C062.jpeg

EF9B92E1-EC0F-4ED5-B31F-6CA8DDCAB1F1.jpeg

13 hours ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

What's the quality like on that Halfords lifting kit? I could do with an extra pair of axle stands and it wouldn't hurt to have the other stuff as well.

It's not bad. I wouldn't leave any of it outside though. Going to lob all of it in the shed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Zelandeth
      Well I've been meaning to sign up here in forever, but kept forgetting. Thanks to someone over on another forum I frequent poking me about it recently the subject was forced back into my very brief attention span for long enough to get me to act on the instruction.

I figure that my little varied fleet might bring you lot some amusement...

So...we've got:

1993 Lada Riva 1.5E Estate (now fuel injected, as I reckon the later cars should have been from the factory...).
      1989 Saab 900i Automatic.
      1987 Skoda 120LX 21st Anniversary Special Edition.
      1985 Sinclair C5.
      2009 Peugeot 107 Verve.

Now getting the photos together has taken me far longer than I'd expected...so you're gonna get a couple of photos of each car for now, and I'll come back with some more information tomorrow when I've got a bit more time...

Firstly...The Lada. Before anyone asks - in response to the single question I get asked about this car: No, it is not for sale. Took me 13 years and my father's inheritance to find the thing.

Yes, it's got the usual rusty wings...Hoping that will be resolved in the next couple of months.

Next, a proper old Saab. One of the very last 8 valve cars apparently, and all the better for it. I've driven two 16v autos and they were horrible - the auto box works sooooo much better with the torque curve of the 8 valve engine. Just wish it had an overdrive for motorway cruising...

Next up a *real* Skoda...back when they put the engine where it belongs, right out the back. In the best possible colour of course...eye-searingly bright orange.

Seat covers have been added since that photo was taken as it suffers from the usual rotting seat cloth problem that affects virtually all Estelles.

Then we have possibly the world's scruffiest Sinclair C5...

Realised when looking for this that I really need to get some more photos of the thing...I use it often enough after all! We have a dog who's half husky, so this is a really good way of getting him some exercise.

Finally - again, I really need to take more photos of - we have the little Pug 107.

Included for the sake of variety even if it's a bit mainstream! First (and probably to be the only) new car I've bought, and has been a cracking little motor and has asked for very little in return for putting up with nearly three years of Oxford-Milton Keynes commuter traffic, before finally escaping that fate when my housemate moved to a new job. Now it doesn't do many miles and is my default car for "when I've managed to break everything else."

I'll fill in some more details tomorrow - I warn you though that I do tend to ramble...

• By dome
      This evening I venture forth into hitherto unknown lands (Kirkintilloch) to collect my latest acquisition.

Which, naturally, has issues.

I have purchased my first line of defence.

Which appears to have antigravity properties

More will follow this evening...
    • By davehedgehog31
      I've had various threads on the go for different collections this year, but thought I'd condense my threads into one manageable thread to document my ham-fisted tinkering.

At the turn of the year I was driving a nice, dependable, modern 2011 Peugeot 407 and no other vehicle. It was nice enough, but boring as feck. I'd bought it after a series of disastrous heaps in the awkward age bracket of being new and valuable enough to worry about but old enough to be fucked. The 407 was just too new, too bloated and dull. I had a hankering for old metal, my Mineral Oil withdrawal pangs were strong.

From January I started looking, there were eBay bids, missed reserves, wasted trips from Gumtree and other such nonsense. I happened on an automatic Rover 216 GSI with one giffer owner from a year old. The chap was giving up driving at 93 years old and his grandson was moving it on. I bid, and failed. It was in London though, about 420 miles away so I wasn't all that bothered. Of course when he offered it to me for my losing bid after the winning buyer was a no show I said yes. I was on the Megabus down to that London overnight for about £15. I hung about in Liverpool Street station like a mad shivering jakey until my train out to the suburb for my first sight of the new steed. It was battered outside but had been well looked after. A frankly insulting amount of cash changed hands and I was away up the road.

We had many adventures together, it was dependable and it whet my appetite for interesting old motors again and proved that the very bottom end of the market was navigable if I had the patience to wade through the sea of shit to find the odd pearl.

The 407 was still on the fleet at this point but I was covering a lot of miles in the Rover, with a long commute though the fuel economy wasn't ideal. When a friend's mother was looking for a new diesel saloon to replace the faithful old Xsara she had a scheme was concocted. I sold the 407 to her and was on the hunt for an interesting replacement.

When I was growing up my dad had a succession of hopeless shitters, indeed I was brought home from the hospital as a newborn in a brush painted Skoda Super Estelle. The best car he had was a red XUD Peugeot 405 with air conditioning and electric windows. So when I found a 1994 GTXD advertised by someone who could actually compose a car advert in the fashion you would expect of a human being educated to a Primary School level, I pounced.

Of course I couldn't buy a car just down the road so it was on the train to Birmingham. First class no less. I stayed in an absolute flea pit of a hotel and drove up the road the next day. This was a proper bit of nostalgia and a really practical borderline classic car. It had been fastidiously maintained by the previous owner. Apart from there being a hole where there was once a stereo and the lack of working air con it was a pleasant drive home.

Given their relative scarcity and how dependable this one has proven so far, it's a keeper, I'd struggle to part with it.

Two cars just wasn't enough to worry about, so this Citroen C1 was acquired. Pure Aleppo spec. A camel can go for weeks, or months without stopping at a watering hole, the C1 has a similar thirst for Motor Spirit. Man maths were employed and worked out that it would easily* pay for itself.

There have been further movements, I'll recap them shortly. I should probably do some work.