What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Got offered a job today, doing much the same thing I'm doing now for much the same money. It was the first interview I've had, and they offered me the job on the spot, which was nice. It's not the most exciting outcome to the whole redundancy situation, but at least it means that I can spend my redundancy on shite rather than on the rent.

We were in a bar yesterday, my girlfriend sees two girls about to throw stuff in a dumpster, I ran out and rescued these two rackets:

5791269591_e2d10529b8_z.jpg

5791826032_1511eac597_z.jpg

5791827316_2f6dda2da6_z.jpg

Here's one her brother rescued:

5791826200_e3839b6a93_z.jpg

Can't find anything on the 'Blue Volley' except for one Japanese auction site...

yup ,same price as i paid for the audi aswell, if its a total loss it still might end up over the bridge.

You're clearly not doing this right. If Mr B had found this it would have been rust-free, fully serviced and there'd be a roll of crisp fifties in the glovebox.

yup ,same price as i paid for the audi aswell, if its a total loss it still might end up over the bridge.

You're clearly not doing this right. If Mr B had found this it would have been rust-free, fully serviced and there'd be a roll of crisp fifties in the glovebox.

Yeah, and with that ginner bird from Doctor Who sprawled across the back seat. And it would have been a tenner.

What on earth has happened to that Rover's back wheel? Looks like the wheel nuts have been removed actually.

P6s have De Dion rear suspension. The De Dion tubes rot and this is the result.

Of course, there's a bloody good chance that the floor has just given up on it as well.

The rear suspension is meant to look like this;

Rover3500S-RS-A.jpg

cf5c684bef5f7fe4974816b5774c9bf4.jpg

Thats a bit fucking weird isn't it. To the point of it can't possibly be a co-inky-dink.

Mrs A, who follows such matters more closely than I (not difficult :wink: ) thinks it may be a clever bit of retaliation for their mum not getting invited. If so, then pure genius 8)

Took X1/9 for MoT today. Firstly, just being able to drive it along the coast road at Coral Bay... :D but secondly: it passed! :D:D Got it home, with the top off, and Mrs Ramrod tried it for size. She can get in and out fine, and manage all the controls. So there we are, a two-classic family, plus project! A job would come in right handy now to pay for all this high living....

My mate borrowed my anglegrinder on Wednesday and, to be fair, had it back here in a couple of hours. Yesterday I sampled the result, as he'd used it to slice open an old oil drum to make a barbecue. Old oil drum, redundant shop fitting as a stand, which also supplied the grilles. That's an Autoshite bbq if ever I saw one! :D (This is the mate with the Mk3 Cortina streetracer :D )

Grin-worthy phone call today relating to Autofive's sadly deceased 'tina.

I had a visit yesterday from the insurance assesor, who was a bit younger and considerably more fashionable than the car, he arrived in a lowered T4 van with alloys on (and was wearing shorts, vans, designer shades, the works...) and spent 20 minutes looking at the tina with a faint air of disgust. We did agree that it was beyond economic repair, he asked my opinion of the value and I gave him an honest answer.

This afternoon a guy rang from the insurance company to query the amount given for pre-accident value, and some of the comments he made about the conditon of the car. Very poor and excessively rusty about sums it up... he put the value down as £250. Insurance guy was quite frank about it, he said the assesor doesn't know his arse from his elbow and wanted me to value it instead. We changed the condition to "average" (for a high miles 30 year old ford...) and doubled the value. A5 can keep the car for spares (probably for free) as copart don't want it, he should get a cheque from them fairly soon. :)

the random kindness and generosity of people has bowled me over today.

People running around all over the midlands and staying up late titting about with cars for me, just so I can spend most of the weekend asleep* and be presented with a free old triumph at some point on sunday. Blimey. :oops::mrgreen:

*in between 12 hour night shifts, admittedly

No, an almost disaster... A5 will probably now tell you why you shouldn't use an old pond pump to remove fuel from a car, and also what it feels like to be on fire a bit :o

ps, I was out collecting a car....

if there was such a thread, i would add it to the "What makes you grin now, but at the time you almost shit yourself' thread