What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

A completely unrelated note... do any other areas have named Virgin Media vans? I've passed Marlon Vando and Van Morrison in the past couple of days on 11-plate Transits which has caused me some amusement when having to deal with the general public...

A good weekend all round. Saturday drove to Bristol and swapped my MR2 and took the back roads home, with the only mishap being a wiperblade flying off. Then went with a mate for his possible purchase of that mk1 renault 5 posted on the tat thread. Lokks like it will need a fair bit of work, but cant go that wrong for £60.

Today was a trip to Run to the Sun, driving down with that 2 tone passat recently posted in the bargains thread. So an enjoyable shite filled weekend, pics will have to wait until my pc is fixed though

Thanks, a slight tea/computer screen interface was had then.

That Mini looks like a sort of Herman Munster on wheels. Got to love the bonnet bulge bolts, if he sharpened them a bit and relocated the airfilter he could recreate the K&N induction roar simply by slamming the it closed.

In case you hit your head on the cage as the G-force from the extra 300BHP the stick on tat produces lurches you forward.

A grin I forgot from last night: took the fuhrer into town and spied some lad tear arsing up behind me. I honestly thought I was seeing things as he drew level at the lights and nailed his car off at full tilt probably trying to tempt me to race him. In his E reg Fiat Panda with a big bore backbox :lol:

I hope I see it again so I can grab a picture. Fair play to the lad for having what his mates probably think is a desparetly uncool car.

'71 on a J? Spot of V5 and tags-through-the-post tax evasion, or am I leaping to conclusions?

Anyway. Saw a tired looking mondeo on the back of a low-loader on the A12, I assume being repossessed by bailiffs. Transit registration was R3PO U.

No, I suspect it's an authentic seaside photo from the 50s or 60s. The question in my mind is which one of the women knitted the child's cardigan?

Edit: duh, it'll most likely have been the one with the headscarf and the knitting needles.

Been telling 'er indoors I 'need' a new camera because my old one is past it's sell by date. This afternoon she treated me to a new one (Fujifilm Finepix) and I'm just trying it out now. Mixed bag of reasonable and bloody awful pictures until I get the hang of it, specifically the (18X) zoom feature.

Fail:

DSCF0003.jpg

Epic fail:

DSCF0005.jpg

Getting there:

DSCF0006.jpg

Happy with this one:

DSCF0007.jpg

I wanted the zoom for when we take the dog for a walk and I spot some birds up in the trees so I can try and get a close up of them and obv. for practising my shite spotting snaps with it too.

Hmmm. That'll be the madness behind the Commer Rootes TS3 and Napier Deltic then. Thinking about those engines too much still makes my brain hurt.

I'm grinning after a happy weekend at La Vie en Bleu. Was bloody hard work, so I didn't have time to seek the Autoshite Massive - but there were two Pug 604s on the cavalcade, which was more exciting than the Veyrons. Possibly. There was also a beige Peugeot 205. I thought it was the best cavalcade of cars I'd ever seen in my life, but sadly - and for reasons that still make no sense at all - it included a Ford Mondeo and a BMW 1-Series.

Something else that made me grin was the Veyron Super Sport setting a fastest time of 46.5 seconds, then a very well driven Peugeot 106 managing it in 47.1. Kind of highlights how pointless it is to have a car with 1300bhp. It's unusable unless you own a very long and flat bit of land.

I'm grinning after a happy weekend at La Vie en Bleu. Was bloody hard work, so I didn't have time to seek the Autoshite Massive - but there were two Pug 604s on the cavalcade, which was more exciting than the Veyrons..

I do hope you had a camera with you - and it ain't for the Veyrons.

Epic fail:

DSCF0005.jpg

I like this one, it's like the start of Cracker or something.

'Murrderhhhh' indeed.

Please take your new camera to your lockups, that would be bloody brilliant. I had a FinePix but it got viciously borrowed the last time I went to Wigan. Bad times.

I'm grinning after a happy weekend at La Vie en Bleu. Was bloody hard work, so I didn't have time to seek the Autoshite Massive - but there were two Pug 604s on the cavalcade, which was more exciting than the Veyrons..

That reminds me of the No Skooler's reactions to a car park full of rare metal in Arnage.

Firstly, 'Whoa! A Ferrari F40!'

[goes round the corner]

'Fuck me! Another F40!'

Next, a Ford GT pulls into the car park and parks next to the first F40. Nev walks further up and into the distance. My phone rings.

'Jesus! A five door Mk1 Renault 5!'

:D

I did. Still sifting through them - may have to hold on putting some of them up as they may be going in one of the mags, but you can have this one for free.

4800 mile Citroen Visa drophead

253933_10150257452438200_640023199_8895362_339505_n.jpg

That's how my cat looks all the time :D

1) You are Roobarb and I hereby claim my five pounds.

2) You have a drinking problem Ollie Reed would have been proud of.

3) Your eyesight needs adjusting.

So which one is it then? :P