What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Well, I'm off down to Wembley shortly, for a bit of watching Stoke. I'm already comfortable that it'll be shit and we'll lose, so hopefully I'll just have a nice day out. I spent my afternoon at work yesterday creating a "Stoke-chimp" out of a red dry-wipe marker and the tobacco-stained PG tips gonk that was rattling about the parcel shelf of the filthy Impian when I bought it. That's got to be lucky, right?

Congrats Mr Creep, now go on and wipe that smug "we've already won the thing", grin off Gallagher's ugly mug.....[no offence to any City fans............]

Well, I'm off down to Wembley shortly, for a bit of watching Stoke. I'm already comfortable that it'll be shit and we'll lose, so hopefully I'll just have a nice day out. I spent my afternoon at work yesterday creating a "Stoke-chimp" out of a red dry-wipe marker and the tobacco-stained PG tips gonk that was rattling about the parcel shelf of the filthy Impian when I bought it. That's got to be lucky, right?

Congrats Mr Creep, now go on and wipe that smug "we've already won the thing", grin off Gallagher's ugly mug.....[no offence to any City fans............]

Quoting phail :wink: I'm not the Stoke fan, but I will be cheering them on since seeing City end a season with no silverware and maybe no Champions League (the downside being Spurs would qualify in their place) would be hilarious

Funny you should mention kits, NC, as I just pre-odered this;

10144485.jpg

I have a fairly large stash in my parents loft but haven't bought anything in a while as they won't get built anytime soon. I've been waiting for this aircraft to be put into kit literaly for years so had to have it. :mrgreen:

I have kits in the box which are 95% complete, just when you get to the final stages you arne't happy with how they've turned out so they go back in the pile. Also have an unstarted 200SX as well as some correct Nissan pain to make a replica of my old one. I don't think anyone makes a 1:24 kit of any of my old cars except for the Alfa 155 (well, the DTM version at least) and this

dsc03563.jpg

Well, I'm off down to Wembley shortly, for a bit of watching Stoke.

I'm just home. Best day ever. :D Literally.

Don't tell t' daughter or her mum.

I believe an ex-Chester player got two for you. How come another of 'our' old favourites (Danny Collins) didn't play by the way? Good luck in the final, it'd be great to see your team win it.

Well, I'm off down to Wembley shortly, for a bit of watching Stoke.

I'm just home. Best day ever. :D Literally.

Don't tell t' daughter or her mum.

I believe an ex-Chester player got two for you. How come another of 'our' old favourites (Danny Collins) didn't play by the way? Good luck in the final, it'd be great to see your team win it.

Indeed. What a player he's turning out to be. Top stuff.

Danny Collins has been abject since he signed and is yet to have a good game in a Stoke shirt. Our recent run of unheard of good form has coincided with him being dropped. Poor bloke. I hope he comes good for us one day, but I'd be surprised to see him still a Stoke player this time next year.

Jon Walters, however, is all kinds of awesome.

I've just seen his first goal on the highlights on telly. Fair play, it was fantastic.

Collins was reasonable for us to start off with, got farmed out elsewhere on loan then came back a completely different player and was fantastic, maybe Stoke will do the same (loan him out) and he'll improve? I hope so anyhow.

'We' got Walters from the goat botherers across the border and happily he was shite for them and brilliant for us. I think he had a (good) spell at Ipswich before he signed for Stoke.

Waking up this morning with a hangover and discovering I haven't bought a shonky TVR. :D

It took some courage to check my Ebay this morning.

Theres a Tasmin coupe on there with a Pinto engine, someones bid a grand like which seems a lot to me but what a car.

DAY OFF (yay).

Located a s***p c****r in Urmston - having that. A bloke wants some bits off the white 480 (doors made of cloud \ ambitious strippers notwithstanding). Finally found a buyer for the B16 Ruddspeed head, he wants to give the asking price and is happy to have it posted (bloody good job, because it's in Sweden).

Spent the rest of the day sorting Uni odds and ends out, did some idents for my mate's show.....and then fired up my stereo. I have been listening to my back catalogue of CDs most of the day. It's ages since I ran my stereo properly. It's not an amazing spec, but it's better than the majority of micro system pish you get from Curry's. It comprises:

NAD C542 CD player

NAD C320 BEE amplifier

Marantz DD82 DCC player (of which I've lost the JJ Cale album for, shatbiscuits).

Van Den Hul 'The Name' interconnects

IXOS QED 2 interconnects

Technics SL 1210 Mk2

ProJect Phono Box SE preamp

Yamaha KXW321 cassette deck

Grado SR 80 headphones

Mission M73 floorstanders

Had a (comparatively) massive CD collection (1000+) 6 or 7 years ago, sold most of it when Lancaster got too much. Also had an EL 5 Elcaset separate, but that got binned by my spiteful bint of a housemate. Got another one, that got stolen, as did my SR 125 cans and OBH 21 headphone pre amp.

Anyway, music at home............indeed.

Sounds like a great separates set up, Watanabe. I need to buy a new CD player (after house fire fucked it up, and also damaged various expensive CDs), although thankfully my amp still functions long with my cassette player. I like the NAD stuff.

Stripping down the MG Metro today, when my Mum and Dad came around to say hello. Whilst chatting away I glanced at the front of the car and something caught my eye poking out to the side of the rad. What the fook is that!? Looks like a lump of wood.... Delved my hand under the bonnet and found this...

LOSTANDFOUND.jpg

It ain't small! Redsparrow, is this yours? Its been there a few years I think....

Guest Leonard Hatred
Also, photo editing. Furthermore, borrowed cameras. Lent my mate's Canon D70 and it's AMAZING.

Nikon shurely?