What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Fiesta passed mot 1st time today with only a couple of advisories 8) - Took a risk on buying it from a friends mother in law clinging to an mot by its nails :oops:

White Van Man, which has just started on BBC3. First new comedy I've seen in ages which is genuinely making me laugh

i watched four episodes on i player yesterday, and i agree - the funniest new comedy i have seen for quite a few years

Hated 2 Pints? How is that possible?*

*Mrs Ramrod hates it too, but I've just asked her to get me a DVD of it for my birthday... :mrgreen:

I used to like it when it was on, the last few series without the skinny bloke were pretty crap though. You just have to endure some things before you start liking them, as I've found with some programmes.

Can I just say, what defines a 'Comedian' on Dave/GOLD is shocking. They've got comedian night on (or whatever it's called) on Dave, and the comedians are all those whores who only appear on quiz shows and get their material written for them. 'Desperately Unfunny'.

http://uktv.co.uk/dave/series/tvseries/254381

Someone actually took the time to write in and complain that they were only give one portion of ketchup on their sandwhich [sic] which made it completely un enjoyable. Would you believe the man behind the counter didn't treat it as a serious complaint?

Oh and I think I now have my taxcode sorted; after giving up yesterday I got straight through on the local rate international number. Took him all of 30 secondsto change it on their system which now means I'll be taking home an extra £40ish a week which will make a massive difference. I don't think I even earned 7 grand in the last fiscal year so should be due a nice rebate. It's just a case of when it will arrive.............

A story in my local paper about a pissed bloke who tried to get served in Mcdonalds drive through despite being on foot. He was refused service so went home, got his car ordered a meal then got nicked for drink driving :lol:

The fiat guy at the metrocentre tonight (autofive got a pic...) made me laugh so loud the owner and the AA man both turned and looked and I had to pretend it was a coughing fit!

He was there when we arrived, standing next to his punto in the spot where the hotrod meet happens. We watched as he put up the bonnet, then cleaned the windscreen with mineral water and a rag. We were wondering if this was a lame attempt at show'n'shine when the AA arrived (this is when I started laughing) and spent half an hour stripping out the wiper assembly, electrically testing the motor, the switch, checked the fuses... then gave up and put it back together and they both left (only to return 2 mins later because they went the wrong way).

Funniest bit is that I could have told them it was a siezed linkage because the passenger blade was half way up the screen and the drivers side was at rest. Oh, and it wasn't raining.

Yesterday I randomly bought a brand new guitar... for £60 in a clearance sale :)

Today I took a drill to it and made it better. Extra grin for using bits of sparkplug and car stickers to improve it with :shock:

oooh you naughty man

This needs amplifying through a Leak TL/10 :D

IM037772.jpg

I've just seen this on my local freecycle site, i bet she has a queue right round the street for this lot!

I have unopened sage and onion B.B.E. Dec 10

horse radish sauce B.B.E. 21 OCT 09

4 small bottles french lager

ALSO OPENED AND USED custard powder B.B.E. Mar 10

Golden syrup B.B.E. Oct 09

Oregano B.B.E> Apr 09

Quaker oats B.B.E. Nov 10

sunny bisk in date but opened and used 10 10 11 if any one would like all or

some of this

Nice chase video on the BBC News: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ca ... e-13098568

As with the stolen bus driving around Wakefield, I dropped Sheriff John Bunnell a line to see what he thought of the situation.

430499775_3aa06a6d33_s.jpg

Cambridgeshire, England. A DARING criminal takes an expensive IMPORT for a RIDE. The British Sheriff tells him to PULL OVER and STOP, but this CRAZED FELON has other IDEAS. He BLASTS through an INTERSECTION ignoring the RED STOPLIGHT. The OFFICERS make their MOVE to put this LUNATIC where he belongs - JAIL! The SUSPECT punches the GAS, but the OFFICERS act QUICKLY, because LIVES ARE ON THE LINE. He CAREENS through a NARROW residential AREA. This DELUDED MADMAN stops at NOTHING as he RACES towards the INTERSTATE. He puts the PEDAL to the METAL and leaves the TROOPERS in the DUST. He SWERVES around a VEHICLE and nearly LOSES CONTROL. This GUY is going to STOP at NOTHING, but there's no ESCAPING the LAW. With his FOUR WAY FLASHERS ablaze, he CATAPULTS around a TURNPIKE and MANEUVERS through the CONGESTED roads, SMASHING a SIDE MIRROR and NARROWLY AVOIDING the ONCOMING traffic. He continues to PICK up SPEED and goes FASTER than a 100 MILES-AN-HOUR, but LITTLE-DOES-HE-KNOW that he's heading STRAIGHT towards a RAILROAD CROSSING. And WORSE - a TRAIN packed with INNOCENT BYSTANDERS is HEADING down the TRACKS. It's a DANGEROUS SITUATION, but luckily the SUSPECT is finally BOXED-IN! But then he BLAZES through, DESTROYING the BARRIERS. The BRAVE BOYS IN BLUE can only SIT and WATCH as he GETS AWAY. To add INSULT to INJURY, the AILING CROSSING is BATTERED by the EXPRESS TRAIN. The SUSPECT then got AWAY - it just goes to SHOW that in ENGLAND, the CRIMINAL sometimes ESCAPES. UNLUCKY for HIM, he was picked up LATER by the BOYS IN BLUE. This OUTLAW thought he could GET AWAY by ESCAPING a TRAIN, but instead ended up with a ONE-WAY TICKET..... STRAIGHT to the TOWER OF LONDON JAIL.

Thanks pal. How's it getting on anyway, are you up to anything later?

430499775_3aa06a6d33_s.jpg

Multnomah County, Oregon. THIS white-haired SHERIFF is going to HOP into the TUB, then go STRAIGHT TO BED. I was up LATE last night..... STOPPING the PERPS before they get the PERKS. HOWEVER, I might watch TAGGART first.

Enjoy your evening John.

I was sent a message today on Flickr from a USA production company want to use a few of my photos for a TV show they are making called Car Science for the Speed network ( :?: ), http://www.baseproductions.com/#/work/4 ... NCE-(SPEED)/info

They are doing a feature about car body kits and wanted to use a few of my photos incuding these two.

4555328239_9c060114aa_z.jpg

1997 Ford Mondeo 2.0 with Bodykit by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

3781659408_ae9670c018_z.jpg

1983 Skoda 136 Super Estelle by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

I've had to sign a form to allow them the use of them, I should ask for a payment really!

I hope so!, I was surprised that they wanted these imagines, This is what she sent me.

I am working to put together a show on the SPEED Network called "Car Science" and one of our segments is on the most unique, weird, and extreme car modifications. I saw your images of a car body kit on Flickr and I was wondering if I could license your photographs to use in our show. Please get back to me as soon as you can as the show's deadline is coming up fast.

Exciting hey!

^You just have a look at the prices charged by Shutterstock, Hulton Getty et al., for images for use in commercial media. :shock: Charge them half, for a swift undercut, and insist on repeat fees.

Then when the money rolls in, put a hellish bodykit, on a worthless car for ultimate full-circle win.

Sounds like a plan... :wink: