warch Posted September 20, 2023 Posted September 20, 2023 22 hours ago, Datsuncog said: But the main reason for the grin was that, amid all the scam competitions, there was a genuine competition win that I nearly deleted - a code for a £50 voucher from Oxford Diecast, in a recent prize draw (which I did enter). Wasn't 100% sure of the legitimacy at first, but I navigated to their website separately, made a few selections from their catalogue and the code was accepted at the checkout so... guess I'll wait and see what arrives! Well done Datsun! My happy is also Oxford Diecast related, although unlike you I'll have to pay for the privilege. Oxford are (hopefully) releasing this, a teeny 'railway scale' County 1884 next year. Praying it doesn't get mired in development hell. twosmoke300 and Datsuncog 2
vulgalour Posted September 20, 2023 Posted September 20, 2023 On 9/15/2023 at 9:34 PM, cobblers said: Here's the photo I was actually looking for - I saw this in real life and thought I was having a bloody stroke or something: It's a normal, production vehicle too, thousands made on the 23 inch wheelbase. The overhang! Makes it look like the rear axle is practically under the b pillar. Amazing.
catsinthewelder Posted September 20, 2023 Posted September 20, 2023 Isn't there some rule about overhang not being more than 2/3rds of wheelbase?
hairnet Posted September 20, 2023 Posted September 20, 2023 Hateful piece of shit No limiter tho and no tracker Had the nissan version in 18 and this thing has no cruise and an air suspended seat and the radio is garbage they took me transit to truckfest and someone drove into it so its getting repaired
horriblemercedes Posted September 22, 2023 Posted September 22, 2023 Had a bit of a strange appetite lately and haven't been eating much. Had an Aldi vindaloo for lunch - I forgot how much I like them. I'll have to get some more of them for the freezer
gm Posted September 22, 2023 Posted September 22, 2023 just in from the local pub after a few beers with @DVee8 and had a right good night cheers ! dome, High Jetter and DVee8 3
hairnet Posted September 23, 2023 Posted September 23, 2023 Fek Wish I could do that as I type this just over a massive joint in the runway How he still asleep lol Remspoor 1
hairnet Posted September 23, 2023 Posted September 23, 2023 Why can't UK airports do that Ironically they've overbooked the connection but the train they put you on to Dresden takes 4 hours I'd miss the gig They'd give you 250 euro also but no I'd rather the gig Remspoor 1
MikeR Posted September 23, 2023 Posted September 23, 2023 I just happened to be in the right place and all set up when this Heron landed in front of me and waded into the pond at a reserve .... I know Herons are very nervous and vanish at the first hint of man being around ... But the vid has had 400 plus views ... what did I do right ???? Remspoor 1
808 Estate Posted September 23, 2023 Posted September 23, 2023 5speedracer, wuvvum and catsinthewelder 3
hairnet Posted September 23, 2023 Posted September 23, 2023 So hit a roundy birthday Do something daft Snack and dushe nu Then lol at German TV Only spot so far has been a Corsa D and a.schaeft spec Audi a6 Remspoor and dome 2
hairnet Posted September 23, 2023 Posted September 23, 2023 Lol at the Chinese guy on the train when the dB chap asked for his ticket in perfect English he said youust buy a ticket or it's 60 euros ( ticket is only 3) Oddly you buy the ticket from theachine but then there's a machine you punch it with Wtf If I'd not seen a.local do that....... What would dB have said @Schaefft
richardmorris Posted September 23, 2023 Posted September 23, 2023 47 minutes ago, hairnet said: Lol at the Chinese guy on the train when the dB chap asked for his ticket in perfect English he said youust buy a ticket or it's 60 euros ( ticket is only 3) Oddly you buy the ticket from theachine but then there's a machine you punch it with Wtf If I'd not seen a.local do that....... What would dB have said @Schaefft Many decades ago on my last and only train trip in Italy, (Florence to Venice) you had to punch the tickets to validate them.
hairnet Posted September 23, 2023 Posted September 23, 2023 Oh yes The new Renault ad the backing music That's this lot
hairnet Posted September 23, 2023 Posted September 23, 2023 Burp Rust Collector, Dyslexic Viking and Remspoor 3
hairnet Posted September 23, 2023 Posted September 23, 2023 1 hour ago, richardmorris said: Many decades ago on my last and only train trip in Italy, (Florence to Venice) you had to punch the tickets to validate them. It's not 1965 that's all
richardmorris Posted September 23, 2023 Posted September 23, 2023 6 minutes ago, hairnet said: It's not 1965 that's all My trip was 1992 I think. First class train was very nice- I remember we flew out on Dan dare airways which folded the same week. Thompson city break I think it was. Flight to Pisa, bus to Florence train to venice and flight back to Manchester. I’ve flown again twice - to Bordeaux and Marseille, and not for nearly twenty years.
hairnet Posted September 23, 2023 Posted September 23, 2023 Lol I've made it a law not to use any of the holiday type flyers ever because of that And for more than 20 years not used tu Jet2 Thompson etc
hairnet Posted September 24, 2023 Posted September 24, 2023 So I was thinking about following the gig to Hamburg but €€€€€€ for the train and flight from Hamburg But then Berlin is only 100 miles to visit bee Emm vay but can't cos the marathon is on That happened in Stuttgart when visited Merc
MikeR Posted September 26, 2023 Posted September 26, 2023 We must live on a posh estate , not just any old abandoned trolly , an abandoned M&S trolly !!! Joey spud, goosey, Banger Kenny and 8 others 4 7
High Jetter Posted September 26, 2023 Posted September 26, 2023 1 hour ago, MikeR said: We must live on a posh estate , not just any old abandoned trolly , an abandoned M&S trolly !!! Plus, it's still got all four wheels! myglaren 1
Matty Posted September 26, 2023 Posted September 26, 2023 On 9/12/2023 at 8:01 PM, Matty said: New addition to the family Replacement outriggers progressing at an impressive pace. You can buy them ready manufactured at quite a dear price. On the other hand there's about 50 quids worth of steel in the job. So he's making them himself. All done to correct spec including tube wall thickness. Properly powder coated and filled with preservative should win it a few more years. Tickman, Popsicle, dome and 4 others 7
beko1987 Posted September 27, 2023 Posted September 27, 2023 Nice 👌 Had a genuine laugh, then chuckled again as I typed it into my phone after! Rust Collector and Matty 2
goosey Posted September 27, 2023 Posted September 27, 2023 Yesterday my neighbours wheelie bin got blown over by the wind, it then rolled down the driveway leaving a trail of debris from the open lid before doing a 180” into the middle of the road and emptying the rest of its contents. Luckily I was in the vicinity at the time so was able to film the entire event as it happened on my mobile phone then warn drivers about the wheelie bin obstruction in the middle of the road (there was just enough room to squeeze a car past with myself acting as banksman). When my neighbour returned later that day from her 12 hour shift at the nursing home I was keen to point out what had happened and show her my video of the event and give her some advice about bin storage etc but she just ignored me while attempting to lift the heavy bin back onto its wheels (a passing OAP helped her in the end) and dragging the bin back into position then clearing up the litter that had been blown into the road and surrounding area, while I watched and gave advice/encouragement. camryv6, myglaren, NorfolkNWeigh and 3 others 3 3
andy18s Posted September 27, 2023 Posted September 27, 2023 1 minute ago, goosey said: Yesterday my neighbours wheelie bin got blown over by the wind, it then rolled down the driveway leaving a trail of debris from the open lid before doing a 180” into the middle of the road and emptying the rest of its contents. Luckily I was in the vicinity at the time so was able to film the entire event as it happened on my mobile phone then warn drivers about the wheelie bin obstruction in the middle of the road (there was just enough room to squeeze a car past with myself acting as banksman). When my neighbour returned later that day from her 12 hour shift at the nursing home I was keen to point out what had happened and show her my video of the event and give her some advice about bin storage etc but she just ignored me while attempting to lift the heavy bin back onto its wheels (a passing OAP helped her in the end) and dragging the bin back into position then clearing up the litter that had been blown into the road and surrounding area, while I watched and gave advice. Link to the tiktok vid or it never happened.... #sarcasm lol myglaren, goosey and Remspoor 3
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now