Youtube moments

Volksy

3 hours ago, Austat said:

Jonny Smith uncovers a Volvo 145 barn find, I wonder how the Allegro SS project is going?

Probably still waiting for someone to shot blast components for it for free, in return for exposure. 

Because, we all know how much the bank loves the mortgage being paid in exposure. 

1 hour ago, sgtberbatov said:

Probably still waiting for someone to shot blast components for it for free, in return for exposure. 

Because, we all know how much the bank loves the mortgage being paid in exposure. 

Jonny doesn’t strike me as that kind of “influencer” unless you know different? 

He’s putting out some really good stuff at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Jonny doesn’t strike me as that kind of “influencer” unless you know different? 

He’s putting out some really good stuff at the moment. 

I didn't think he was either, but I saw the one tweet and thought differently after that.

This is the tweet: 

Years spent freelancing as a teenager and coming up across people who would only pay you in exposure immediately puts me off people who mention it now.

9 hours ago, sgtberbatov said:

I didn't think he was either, but I saw the one tweet and thought differently after that.

This is the tweet: 

Years spent freelancing as a teenager and coming up across people who would only pay you in exposure immediately puts me off people who mention it now.

Yep tried to get me on his last TV show ( I wasn't bothered just fuel cost, feeding while there would be fine) but was soon obvious what the crac was.

Like my mate always says " you don't work for free so why do you expect me too?"

15 hours ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Yep tried to get me on his last TV show ( I wasn't bothered just fuel cost, feeding while there would be fine) but was soon obvious what the crac was.

Like my mate always says " you don't work for free so why do you expect me too?"

I did like his work on Fifth Gear, and his video on his Fiat 126p, but since I saw that tweet (and going on about how he's putting a V6 in an Allagro, skirting the fact that he's just paying someone to do it), that tweet finished it for me.

I don't give anyone the time of day that does shit like that. You're mate is completely right, exposure and free work isn't a currency to live your life on.

14 hours ago, Tim_E said:

I thought this was a piss take.

It's not. Well, some parts of the video are but the Stellantis group being a rebranded Fiat Chrysler PSA group is not🤔

https://youtu.be/NPSINB_P4Ig

That just makes me laugh. One giant automotive blue whale.

On 1/16/2021 at 12:50 PM, sgtberbatov said:

I did like his work on Fifth Gear, and his video on his Fiat 126p, but since I saw that tweet (and going on about how he's putting a V6 in an Allagro, skirting the fact that he's just paying someone to do it), that tweet finished it for me.

I don't give anyone the time of day that does shit like that. You're mate is completely right, exposure and free work isn't a currency to live your life on.

No he actually fitted it a few years back....BUT....now its at a garage being 'gone over'..

Never liked him on 5th gear... he tried too much to be a Top Gear presenter (funny and odd)

Video I shot of The Beat with Fuzz Townshend on drums that I shot in 2013 ..and had completely forgotten about until today. Live show not broadly advertised onboard the cultureship MS Stubnitz..a 1968 trawler-packing ship of the former DDR North Sea fleet. Ive known the ship since 1993 when it was bought and saved from the scrapman in Rostock.

9 hours ago, egg said:

Cool.

That for me belongs in the Cars you didn't know existed until very recently. The Americans do seem to be more acceptable to the crazy world on untested safety of the Chinese car.

https://autoshite.com/topic/18581-cars-you-didnt-know-existed-until-very-recently/

On 1/27/2021 at 5:15 PM, Rab said:

Video I shot of The Beat with Fuzz Townshend on drums that I shot in 2013 ..and had completely forgotten about until today. Live show not broadly advertised onboard the cultureship MS Stubnitz..a 1968 trawler-packing ship of the former DDR North Sea fleet. Ive known the ship since 1993 when it was bought and saved from the scrapman in Rostock.

I saw them with Fuzz on drums around that time too. They were nothing short of fucking excellent, Ranking Junior adding a great new dimension.

RIP Roger