Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

There are always clamped cars around here in London. Quite a nice little earner as the are mostly pretty new cars and very few 'abandoned'.

I have seen a few too. I used to think the owners bought a clamp privately and attached it as an anti-theft arrangement.

NX06VRV FORD MONDEO
Colour Green
Fuel type Diesel
Date registered 6 March 2006
Date tested 16 July 2016 Pass
Mileage 38,192 miles
MOT test number 7197 9505 9754
Test location unavailable until further notice
Expiry date 15 July 2017

38k miles! Admittedly, that was when it was last tested in July 2016. Although apparently it's green. :lol:

Alright, going back a couple of years now but this is still the most unexpected car I've found dumped by the side of the road. Local gossip was that it broke down one night; driver got another limo to come and collect the passengers (hen night), and said he'd be back in the morning with a mechanic... but no-one ever came. Eventually someone shoved it off the road and down a bank. 

post-17915-0-40527800-1517362587_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-82742900-1517362791_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-39858700-1517362821_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-48004300-1517362854_thumb.jpg

Old-timers do say, on a still moonlit night, you can still hear the ghostly clink of Lambrini bottles and hollow shrieks of drunken revelry over the Full Monty soundtrack...

For all I know, it's lying there still... a little bit of Las Vegas dumped in (very) rural Co. Tyrone. The lad who owned the field offered to winch it out for me for £50, if I wanted it... but wasn't sure how well my Fiesta 1.1 would have coped with A-framing it home.

Alright, going back a couple of years now but this is still the most unexpected car I've found dumped by the side of the road. Local gossip was that it broke down one night; driver got another limo to come and collect the passengers (hen night), and said he'd be back in the morning with a mechanic... but no-one ever came. Eventually someone shoved it off the road and down a bank. 

attachicon.gif82080013.jpg

attachicon.gif82080012.jpg

attachicon.gif82080014.jpg

attachicon.gif82080009.jpg

Old-timers do say, on a still moonlit night, you can still hear the ghostly clink of Lambrini bottles and hollow shrieks of drunken revelry over the Full Monty soundtrack...

An original front ended Limo, piece of art that.

I'd save it......

• 3 weeks later...

I've no idea if anyone else saw it but for about 6 months last year (until about June?) there was a 15(!) plate Golf pulled over into a turning on to the railway right next to the A20 just before Harrietsham after the Leeds Castle roundabouts.  No idea if any of you guys are that local to me but it was a point of constant fascination.  No crash damage.  Just parked there.  Never moved.  Eventually it went.  Went past it a couple of times a week.

Potentially a 15 plate car could be a hire or company car that's been nicked, something on fake plates where nobody has reported it etc... TBH I could go missing from work, dump the company car somewhere and then refuse to answer the phone. How would they find it? They're not tracked or owt.

Potentially a 15 plate car could be a hire or company car that's been nicked, something on fake plates where nobody has reported it etc... TBH I could go missing from work, dump the company car somewhere and then refuse to answer the phone. How would they find it? They're not tracked or owt.

Good point.  It was a nice car and right by a main, busy road!  That's the bit that confused me.  There are other dumped cars around but that one was a particularly nice one that was right there for a long time.

Was quite tempted to hire a trailer and get a towbar...

The garage I used to use for my van MOT & service work, the chap had a car dropped off by one of his mates in the recovery business, turns out the guy picking up the car didn't have the correct paperwork and technically nicked the car, I wont say what car it was but a premium car at the time, about 2 or 3 years old. He was waiting for the correct paper work to come through and would then cart the car off to the finance company. The garage has long closed and the car is still there about 6 years later.  

https://www.flickr.com/gp/156798513@N04/P3i28b

https://www.flickr.com/gp/156798513@N04/49502v

https://www.flickr.com/gp/156798513@N04/9Q3H0Q

I found this a few weeks ago. Hasn’t been taxed since 2009. Maybe in a few years someone will care about this but right now it’s just a mouldy old car

https://flic.kr/p/21e4WRY

Then there’s this. Fuck knows how long this has been here. The roof has lost all structural integrity and it looks like it was delicately (reversed at some speed into a fence) parked.

Oh and I almost forgot

https://flic.kr/p/21ec2Ah

An entire Fiat dealer complete with several unos, tempras and a 127