Sorry about this/Upgrade

daveb47

I will be upgrading the actual Ipb forum software today,also going to try to sort some of the minor problems that have been reported recently.

May be a few minutes downtime from time to time as u i copy/edit files etc but i will keep these to a minimum.

On another less savory note,which i have no doubt will upset some.

Since i started looking after Autoshite i have been paying for all its costs.

not a major amount,but,just hosting/cpanel charges & a charge for Invision software licence but due to illness causing a major change in my income i am struggling to keep doing this.

So i am going to put a very discrete Donate button at bottom of board.

So if anyone has a pound or 2 going spare it would help.

I must stress that i am not doing this to make a profit and it is not as someone is bound to say "the thin end of the wedge" .

Autoshite is & will always remain free of charge.

This is strictly me running out  of funds to pay for it by myself.

I feel really bad about this but have no real choice.

Cheers

Dave

Chipping in a couple of quid cannot be beyond a few of us I wouldn't have thought, Dave...This stuff does not come for free which is why many car clubs charge for their forums through the means of ensuring its for paid up members only.   Its better value than the bloody telly thats for sure....

I haven't been able to donate (yet) due to being banned by Paypal. It's turning out to be a right nuisance, especially on ebay. My debit card, which was linked to my Paypal account, appears to have been blacklisted because the buggers won't accept it!

Dave, you are obviously a fine fellow doing a sterling job, and there's no way you should be expected to finance Autoshite out of your own pocket, so no need for the apologetic language. I appreciate you're saying that you're not doing this to make a profit, but I'm pretty sure that everybody here would be well chuffed if you got enough donations to have a few beers on us over and above the costs of maintaining the forum.

I will donate when I sort Paypal out. In the meantime, if you have another method of donating (even if it's just pm'ing me your address so that I can slip a tenner in the post), that would be great.

I think a number of us suggested this in the past, no reason one person should bear all the costs for running the website. 

I've seen forums with little thermometer style donation graphs so everyone knows if this month's costs have been met or not, something like that might help keep the books balanced longer term.