Jump to content

ALMOST! Extinct Cars


Recommended Posts

Posted

This is a 1972 Ford ZD Fairlane, fitted with a 302 V8, originally sold new in the UK. I spoke to the owner on the weekend, they were basically the same price as a new Jaguar at the time so hardly any were sold. He is not aware of any others still around, so this may be the only one left. Although there are a few left in Australia.

PXL_20260125_100008575.jpg

PXL_20260125_103004263.jpg

PXL_20260125_114716005.jpg

PXL_20260125_114717918.jpg

  • 6 months later...
Posted
35 minutes ago, barrett said:

Believed extinct until about 10 minutes ago – UK-market Tredia!!!!

772725910_1036506862485221_6472393365469669563_n.jpg.61bfb1edd14dd071bbf5c53dfedb3eb7.jpg

Has @Mr_Bo11ox bought it yet?

Posted
1 hour ago, barrett said:

Believed extinct until about 10 minutes ago – UK-market Tredia!!!!

772725910_1036506862485221_6472393365469669563_n.jpg.61bfb1edd14dd071bbf5c53dfedb3eb7.jpg

There used to be a red coupe around Milton Keynes. It was owned by a BMW club member who I used to meet.

Posted
39 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

There used to be a red coupe around Milton Keynes. It was owned by a BMW club member who I used to meet.

There are a handful of Cordias yeh, all turbo versions, but no Tredias. I actually think Tredias look better – Italian style + Japanese reliability. 

  • Like 2
Posted

I know of a Cordia Turbo (there's a few of those) but not a Tredia. 
That is one hell of a turn up. 

The greatest one is [car] that people in the US think is dead but has actually been in [UK location] for the past 25 years. 

Posted
On 23/11/2025 at 11:10, Bmwdumptruck said:

Not a car but when did anyone last see a Bedford Astramax van? 

There was one in Bauer's Peterborough car park for a while. I think it was something to do with PC. 

  • Like 1
Posted
On 20/11/2025 at 14:34, green200b said:

I spotted this today, but had no idea what it was. A number plate search suggests that it is a 1981 Lancia Trevi, which according to How Many Left suggests that it is one of seven left in the UK.

PXL_20251120_142116075.jpg

I remember a few years ago driving @Six-cylinder’s Trevi and breaking it 

@Six-cylinderdid you ever get those electric windows fixed? 😮‍💨😅

Posted
36 minutes ago, alcyonecorporation said:

There was one in Bauer's Peterborough car park for a while. I think it was something to do with PC. 

Here's the last local Astramax, been in that spot for over a decade

 

 

54246636787_b23b0e3706_c.jpg

  • Like 3
Posted
1 hour ago, Weird Car said:

I remember a few years ago driving @Six-cylinder’s Trevi and breaking it 

@Six-cylinderdid you ever get those electric windows fixed? 😮‍💨😅

I can't remember if the windows were sorted but I have a worse problem at the moment in that it won't start.

By the way the picture is my cars twin, belonging to my friend Theo. Very close, but different wheels and his is an automatic.

IMG_20200818_135442 broad.jpg

  • Like 3
Posted
10 hours ago, barrett said:

Believed extinct until about 10 minutes ago – UK-market Tredia!!!!

772725910_1036506862485221_6472393365469669563_n.jpg.61bfb1edd14dd071bbf5c53dfedb3eb7.jpg

You're tempted, yes?

Posted

I had to look it up to learn a bit more about the Tredia. I'm getting Honda S2000 vibes from looking at the optional, and absolutely amazing, digital facia display as shown on Wikipedia Gallery on the Tredia page. The 8-speed Supershift gearbox is interesting. Were the Turbo versions any good?

Posted
On 23/11/2025 at 15:04, Mr Livered said:

There's a bar owner in Exeter that runs around in a red Astramax that he's had signwritten with his bar logo. From memory I think it might be D reg

Yes, I used to see a red mk2 Astra Van parked outside The Pig and Pickle in Fore Street, Heavitree, rather fittingly the old Post Office! I haven't seen the van around much lately, but it did look really shiny and well-looked-after with unusually dark looking bumpers (remember when they would become light grey after about 3 English Summers?)  

Posted

That's the one I was thinking of. Signwritten with the bar logo, but difficult to see the black against the red. Maybe people who aren't colourblind find it easy, I don't know. 

Posted

My twin-pot Visa is one of three on the road in the UK.

image.png.84d8947720d222c60124c9fe7e977478.png

Posted
On 12/08/2026 at 11:18, barrett said:

Believed extinct until about 10 minutes ago – UK-market Tredia!!!!

772725910_1036506862485221_6472393365469669563_n.jpg.61bfb1edd14dd071bbf5c53dfedb3eb7.jpg

 What is the story with this car? Barn find?

 

7683511572_05b2304700_b.jpg.f237703ab3f35e81b891532b27aeeffe.jpg

Is this car still around or is it a different model? I am not up to speed on these things 😔

Posted
6 hours ago, chaseracer said:

My twin-pot Visa is one of three on the road in the UK.

I don't think I realised quite how rare they were when I had mine, but there are at least four (although one is an import) – two yellow, two red

3 hours ago, green200b said:

 What is the story with this car? Barn find?

Is this car still around or is it a different model? I am not up to speed on these things 😔

I believe that one has since been exported

Posted

Well. Given that HowManyLeft allows you to search for both Rover 825Si and Rover 825Si Auto, the evidence points to my manual one being the only one currently taxed in the UK.
#rarebutnobodycares

9d5e2b7ec96c476df3a93ee0311cf902.jpg

 

  • Like 3
Posted
7 hours ago, chaseracer said:

My twin-pot Visa is one of three on the road in the UK.

image.png.84d8947720d222c60124c9fe7e977478.png

isn't one of the others also on here (beige one previously roffled?)

 

Posted
1 hour ago, RoadworkUK said:

Well. Given that HowManyLeft allows you to search for both Rover 825Si and Rover 825Si Auto, the evidence points to my manual one being the only one currently taxed in the UK.
#rarebutnobodycares9d5e2b7ec96c476df3a93ee0311cf902.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
 

Bought as reliable as the average politician 

Posted

I've just put my BX into the howmanyleft thing, if i narrow it down to Auto then, this one is licenced. so one of 2 on the road. How accurate (or not) is this likely to be?

image.png.0e2661601fd88a96c8694bb6029496f1.png

image.jpeg.ac024e6b0d3c19656c0d9290d3801745.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hopefully at this price it won't be going for a date with an oval.

Screenshot_20260822-151148.png

  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...