FSO Cars UK

CYANIDE STEVE

Due to the huge amount of FSO activity which has been going on for the past year, collecting complete cars between the club members and relieving Ex dealers etc of their old FSO parts and carrying out restorations I have now outgrown my double garage and shed at home.

So as from 1st June I will be moving it all to a new premises in East Sussex, which has a workshop with pit, Reception area and parts dept. Richieg will be going in with me on this project and we will be making these new premises look like a proper old FSO dealership you would have seen in the '80s and '90s with all of the illuminated signs, flags, banners etc. (Photos to follow obviously)

So after June all of our FSO restoration and repair work will be carried out from these purpose made premises :)

Also on the same site, we have an MOT centre, a tyre centre and one of those dent magician blokes so everything we require will be on site.

Once we get this new parts dept we'll have alot more room than I have in my 10' x 12' shed which is the currant parts dept and is full to capacity, so we'll be out looking for more parts to store to keep our lovely Polish gems on the road :)

I'll keep you posted as things progress.

Only if I want to be evicted within the first few weeks of being there ;-)

You would have been more at home in my last workshop about 10 years ago. It was full of Granadas!

You're living a lot of people's dreams and best of luck with it. I'm very jealous as I'd love something like that to preserve 1990's Vauxhalls.

Congrats and good luck, I'm sure it'll all work out great.

Brilliant, looking forward to seeing pictures!

As others have said, you are doing what plenty of us would love to be doing. Enjoy it!

Look forward to hearing more!

East Sussex you say? Would you be open to people coming to have a nose at your motors? I understand if not.

Look forward to hearing more!

East Sussex you say? Would you be open to people coming to have a nose at your motors? I understand if not.

Yes once we are all up and running there you are more than welcome. The first tool I'll be buying will be a new kettle so may as well make use of it ;-)

Good luck guys. :D

All we need now is for some Polish entrepreneurs to get together and to invest and revive the FSO brand. They could start manufacturing recycled Fiats. :lol: Like the boxy 2003 - 2012 Panda for example. They could call it the 'FSO Koala' and flog em in the UK for four grand. :!:

Why is this being allowed to languish in a scrapyard?

182217_642170669131284_1036932694_n.jpg

This is at a yard called Smiths of Bloxham apparently. Saw it on the classic car scrapyard finds page on facebook

If my dream in ice cream comes true do we have room for it anywhere? laaa

SAM_2679.jpg

This is the very same dealer that I popped into in the late 1990 & scrounged a load of brochures for the last 125p and Polonez cars that were imported. I THINK I posted them to a fellow Autoshiter for his collection! They'd be PERFECT for your showroom area..... :)

Off topic: this dealer used to be a Wartburg dealer; more fun...... :D

Polonez S ??? What is this!

Is the 'S' a rebadged SLE or SCE* spec but with the Prima Weller wheels? :?

*it is incredible what bits of information I have retained. :oops: I would have gladly traded this for higher grades in GCSE Maths & English.

Amazingly Woodmans motors and adjacent advert Bellveue motors still trade as the same today. I remember going to Woodmans with my dad to look at 125p pickups, though the highlight was sitting in a rainbow striped Detla turbo (Woodmans were a Lancia franchise too). I think Bellveue might still hold a Proton franchise still, they were Kia till they (Kia) got mainstream and f***ked them off.

just spotted an FSO pickup (like the one that was cut in half on here) with top on the back on polish plates,and its very local,was very suprised to see it and instantly though of you lot :D was popping to see my mot man/bike garage,he said he has got a lot of old stock parts for Skoda Estelles/favorits as he was a Skoda dealer from 1981-mid 90s in case anyone wants any :-)

just spotted an FSO pickup (like the one that was cut in half on here) with top on the back on polish plates,and its very local,was very suprised to see it and instantly though of you lot :D was popping to see my mot man/bike garage,he said he has got a lot of old stock parts for Skoda Estelles/favorits as he was a Skoda dealer from 1981-mid 90s in case anyone wants any :-)

My local Skoda dealer/garage [Walkerville Garage] looked after my 130LSE very well. Mechanic was a great guy, the MOT man, and told me that a consignment of pedal rubbers had just arrived [at the VW 'moment'] and he was billed like £2 each.... 'used to get these for £5 a large bag' he said.

VW were going crackers as the 'new' Favorit dash was failing regularly, at the time, and they had to improve the parts & warranty replace.

Ahhh....

tooSavvy

Yo! This is brilliant. My dream would be to do the same but create a mini Rover (NOT oMG) dealership with signs, flags, banners, pictures etc.....