Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

Several cars as big as several whales! A whole pod of 'em. Hubba hubba...

Sadly no Yank land barges from me this time, but a rather more svelte product from Uncle Sam: I did wonder if I'd throw it in, cos it isn't shite (not really), but seeing as we're in doing colonies autos...

IMG_20211011_115331.jpg

IMG_20210805_162434.jpg

IMG_20210922_143752.jpg

IMG_20211001_135119.jpg

IMG_20211013_114037.jpg

IMG_20211015_110118.jpg

IMG_20211113_163041.jpg

1 hour ago, Schaefft said:

A Mark V convertible? That's definitely not factory. Love the maroon Fleetwood Brougham as well, perfect color for them.

I can't remember ever seeing a Lincoln Mk.V for real before, so I wouldn't know whether that convertible was factory or not. What it was is long. I mean, seriously looooong.

The only curves on those things were the wheelarches. The rest was straight edges and right-angles. Someone in the design* department had taken their ruler and set-square, drawn a few lines, sat back and thought: "That'll do."

They are massive, although the length is mostly in the front wings and boot. Shorten those, and I think you'd end up with a reasonably*-proportioned car.

Both the Lincoln and the Caddy get used regularly; today was the first time I managed to spot them parked together. The Pontiac Grand Ville was a bonus, as well as being the size of a small town.

Wonder what the fuel bills must be like?

7 hours ago, puddlethumper said:

DSC01096.JPG

DSC01097.JPG

The first time I showed interest in the Farina style was when I headbutted the windscreen of an MG Magnette mk3 from the outside at a fair rate as I was bombing along on my Carlton Corsa campagnolo kitted racer on my way back from big school on the pavement probably in 1980, my head killed the Magnette and the old boy gave up driving 🤕