Monthly Scotoshite meet at Armadale last Wednesday of the month.

nuttyhk

If I were truely a bad influence you'd be wearing a 740 airbox as a hat. PHACKT. :lol:

Ha! Will have my montego's broken steering cowling on at a jaunty angle for the next meet!

*sniggers*

I did take a few pics but alas most of them were shit. Three seemed to be salvagable but they could do with looking at by someone who isn't a computer illiterate moron. So...

8030502854_5e0e794734.jpg

Scotoshite Meetup... by cms206, on Flickr

8030509711_b8b84c575a.jpg

8030504352_c69f7b32e7.jpg

There will be someone who knows how to adjust them but its not me! The last one of the Volvos with the bridge in the background looks good. I took these pictures at the wings and wheels show on sunday, the Monty and Maestro from last night are in there, was a good day! http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 295&type=1

I'm liking that BMW. A lot.

Back in the day when my dad had a 318i I thought the standard spec was miserable but now I 'get' the whole quality and functionality thing that German car makers used to do so well.

I wanted him to get a 320 with trims and no radio but he went for the 318 instead and just managed to stretch to alloys, fogs and a radio casette!

He also got a 740 one day when his 240 was in for a service or something and said he felt like a million quid driving it!

Hopefully I can make the next meet, might just have to bring some Shite in Minature to make up for my lack of the real thing!

I forgot to say thanks to Hazel for organising this. You wouldn't think it would be hard to get a dozen like-minded people in one place at the same time but it can be a real struggle. I did a double take when I came in because Hazel is the spitting image of Jeni, who used to organise the local SAAB club pub nights. Good choice of location too- central, easy to find and excellent backdrop for photos. Here's another one, composed by David but I pushed the button so it's mine :D

8032017531_0c80b871b6_z.jpg

DSC_1357 by RichardB5, on Flickr

Thanks Hazel, and everyone else for a great night out. I only meant to pop across for an hour to have a gander, and stayed 'til the end. Says it all really.

He also got a 740 one day when his 240 was in for a service or something and said he felt like a million quid driving it!

Right, that's another thing sorted. From now on, the 740 contingent have to wear flannels, cravats and blazers, not half an airbox. I'm exempt - I'm a FWD scumbag... :lol:

I''m up for that, making it east then west is probably the fairest way to do it. Another alternative I just noticed is an autojumble in Lenzie on sunday 20/10/12? Would a sunday suit people better?

BTW these Volvo chaps are a bad influence, why am i typing Volvo 740 into eBay? this does look very good for the money though... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1989-VOLVO-74 ... 3ccaf4d06d

Just noticed that 20th October is a Saturday! Sorry just assumed these were Sunday things! That just about sums me up I'm afraid!

Still could be up for it if anyone else is? They might even have a steering cowling for a montego! Or Volvo air box hats...

Thanks Hazel, and everyone else for a great night out. I only meant to pop across for an hour to have a gander, and stayed 'til the end. Says it all really.

Right, that's another thing sorted. From now on, the 740 contingent have to wear flannels, cravats and blazers, not half an airbox. I'm exempt - I'm a FWD scumbag... :lol:

Does that mean you are turning up with green wellies and a Labrador next time? !

I'm liking that BMW. A lot.

Back in the day when my dad had a 318i I thought the standard spec was miserable but now I 'get' the whole quality and functionality thing that German car makers used to do so well.

I wanted him to get a 320 with trims and no radio but he went for the 318 instead and just managed to stretch to alloys, fogs and a radio casette!

Hopefully I can make the next meet, might just have to bring some Shite in Minature to make up for my lack of the real thing!

Thanks for that - she was a blind ebay deal after a couple too many beers of a Saturday night - but turned out to be a real find! 64k and drives great but still fun if not a rocket ship!

Some great photos guys - really impressed!

Does that mean you are turning up with green wellies and a Labrador next time? !

Do rigger boots and a bloody great lurcher count? :lol: Hang on a mo...I also have a Hiab licence :shock: (dons flameproof kilt)

If I had a shitey 245, I might be tempted: I'd also be looking to see if Volvo ever made a gun box for those, just to complete the look y'know. V70's too 'new money' for all that 'old money' stuff! It's more taking little Tarquin and Jocasta to organic tofu rescue centres, than a jolly spot of peasant hunting.

These shots could be GR 9 if you stuck a car in front of the one being photographed and turned the headlights on to dipped. A long exposure and some fruity ISO would probably do the rest.

I also have a Volvo but I'm about 240 miles South (that is an odd thing to type).

That has turned out really rather well however I would definately go with watanabe's idea of using another car's sidelights. Would provide a more natural yellow light. The LEDs in the supa doopa bike lyte are a bit too white - especially with amount of yellow / orange light from round about.

Da Bay - you were waiting to turn out onto the A921 from the roundabout, up from Dobbies. Actually, you were a couple of cars behind me (mine's the red V70 in the above pics, btw) on the way along to Inverkeithing, and I tried to take the pic as you filtered past me at the double roundabout, over the railway line. Failed epically, of course!

Now I can see your pic on a proper screen, both of them look really nice, the grey one sits just right.

When is the next one? I'd happily come along in my shitter :)

Can I also suggest This location?

392185_300455923334151_2133035642_n.jpg

398471_300455356667541_1995263635_n.jpg

397333_300456573334086_466223223_n.jpg

421665_338980929481650_933237095_n.jpg

580675_354375361275540_611401858_n.jpg

295165_354377831275293_1388086116_n.jpg

600316_404625192917223_1098543612_n.jpg

Its a derelict farm in Dunfermline and is quite a good photo location, it's also sheltered.

Been dying to get a load of shite up here for photos, spoke to owners on one occasion and they say it's ok to take photos as long as you stay away from the house.

I reckon the next one ought to be Wednesday the 24th, 'cos that'll be 4 weeks from the last one. Or maybe we're doing last Wednesday of the month, in which case it'll be the 31st (and the potential exists to exceed my previous gaffe, by turning up a whole week early :shock: ). Either way, the probability is that this one will be more towards the west, and east/west will alternate thereafter.

We're agreed on giving December and January a miss, and the November meet might be in Dunfermline, maybe at the Seven Kings and the car park round the back, the name of which I could not recall! Clear enough? :lol: We've got a couple of weeks to work it out anyway; it'll be alright on the night. Sure it will.

Hello peoples of the random car meet..................

Having had a scout about for another venue I found 2 possibilities.

Both are about 2 minutes off the M80 at Auchinkilns junction. Its not as picture sque as the FRB but we cant have it all :lol:

***The Craigmarloch Lodge is your typical pub grub place with lots of choice on the menu open till 11pm and has a good sized car park

***Broadwood Farm is a carvery restuarant with carvery mains at £3.99 and a choice of starters and puddings. Also has a good sized car park and open till 11pm.

Not sure about drinks prices but would expect them to be usual price for these kind of places.

We are going with the Last Wednesday of the month 7.30-8pm meet so that those on a rota will not contunially miss out as this should vary the number of weeks between meets. CJ is correct in sayin we will avoid December and January for the obvious reasons and hoping to alternate if it suits people unless we find one central venue that everyone is happy with. Very aware those attending are quite spread out and dont want the same people making the long journey with petrol at a premium. Like to keep things as fair as possible.

Let me know what you guys think and we can finalise details and I will pass it on to the other forums i'm on. You can find both pubs through a google search if you want more info.

Thanks

:D