Autoshites *official* WANTED/OFFERED thread...

Lord Sterling

I have a bent end I can bring and we can try.

You keep your bent end away from me!

I'll have to measure the pipe. It's a good Hoover, nearly sucked the whole carpet up in the car!

• Like 3

Lol

The hose cuff is designed to receive the thin end of a 32mm pipe. Numatic do a bent end/handle which is 'small' on both ends, and also sell a little plastic adapter that allows the small tools to be used directly on the end of the hose cuff.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/32mm-Chrome-Bent-Tube-End-Rod-For-Numatic-Henry-James-Basil-HVR200-NNV204-HVC200-/270338038758?hash=item3ef1671be6:g:0F0AAOSwwTlUl9k~

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NUMATIC-HENRY-GEORGE-CHARLES-TAPER-HOSE-TOOL-ADAPTOR-/220857803546?hash=item336c26a31a:g:AHMAAOxyDEVSdh2h

So you can either have my bent end (oo-er) to go with the Hoover tools Wilko has, or I can bring a whole handle end that you remove the cuff from the end of the hose and screw the whole thing onto the hose if you want. It's like this https://www.radfordvaccentre.com/collections/vax-vacuum-cleaner-spares/products/1000-2000-3000-4000-5000-6000-series-4-lug-hose but different...

Saying that though, I'd keep the cuff, I use that to vac out the cars, with a Hoover crevice nozzle fitted, as the old style hoover 'pip and twist' fittings fit perfectly, as Hoover used the same sort of setup

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOOVER-CREVICE-TOOL-Pip-Type-Brand-New-/140004293834?hash=item2098e7fcca:g:pxgAAOxywh1TDIVO

like so

or push the boat out and fit this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5-Metre-Hose-Tool-Kit-For-Numatic-Henry-Hetty-Vacuum-Cleaner-Hoover-/190889246340?hash=item2c71e2be84:g:3bcAAOSwRLZUKT-C

which I use all the time, I sold my Premaire with a set, the Vaclensa ProClean I'm flogging in the sales/wanted thread has a set if you wanna see what it looks like.

I'm not down to attend Shitefest - but as it's sort of in my area, I could probably swing by and drop it off (the Hoover attachment, not the Xantia sadly).

Wanted - internal and external steering column uj's for a citroen zx!

The spray grease isn't working, its gone stiff again!

Pointers on how to get the joints off would be handy too, does it just unbolt easily?

you may as well just get a complete column from scrappy,dead easy,4 13mm bolts plus the nuckle at the bottom,if you slacken the 4 13mm bolts theres a load of lateral movement to play with,it might just straighten things up and make it less stiff,tighten bolts back after up though

Evening all, don't suppose anyone can help me out with a cheap battery? Need to move my rather rusty mk1 KA from its current resting place so I can attack it with the welder and get it back on the road

I'm based in Wolverhampton/Walsall area

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wanted Metro wheels.

I have new tyres on order for my 1984 MG Metro, and need to get the replacement pepper pots it is on refurbished. The car is with a garage who need it keep mobile as they push it in and out of there workshop, so I just need some wheels/tyres that hold air just for that job. I only need a loan if you don't want to part with them permanently. I have been advised that 95 mm PCD Rover 100 wheels won't work and I need 101 mm PCD. Bring them to Shitefest 2016?

Evening all, don't suppose anyone can help me out with a cheap battery? Need to move my rather rusty mk1 KA from its current resting place so I can attack it with the welder and get it back on the road

I'm based in Wolverhampton/Walsall area

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a very good one you can have for a tenner. You can pick up from Penkridge, Staffs or near Bewdley, worcs, whichever suits

Sounds good to me, penkridge would be ideal to be honest as I can just pop down the m6 from work and grab it. What day would be best for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Six-cylinder...

I've absolutely no idea about PCDs, whether they would fit, etc, but I've got some wheels off a scrap Hillman Hunter (with very old tyres but I think they hold air). Happy to lend you them if they're any good to you as I probably won't need them for a good while.

• Like 1

Six-cylinder...

I've absolutely no idea about PCDs, whether they would fit, etc, but I've got some wheels off a scrap Hillman Hunter (with very old tyres but I think they hold air). Happy to lend you them if they're any good to you as I probably won't need them for a good while.

Thanks very much for the offer but without knowing they will fit it is too much of a risk as the car is 20 miles from me.

Thanks very much for the offer but without knowing they will fit it is too much of a risk as the car is 20 miles from me.

Can any shitesperts give us a definitive answer on whether Hunter wheels would fit a Metro?

Can any shitesperts give us a definitive answer on whether Hunter wheels would fit a Metro?

Wouldn't of thought so,Hunters have the same pcd as Fords  :-(

On my charity shop travels I've found more HBOLs!

-Mk1 Carlton(!!!)

-Mk2 Carlton(!!!)

-Orion mk1

-BX

Anyone wants any of them picking up and passing on, let me know.

Is anyone breaking a Peugeot 206sw? Just brought a cheap one thats been used as a painter and decorators van! Needless to say the interior is a bit paint splashed so need front seats, door cards and boot floor carpet and trim panels