Fiat Regata: sold

dieselnutjob

I stumbled upon this a couple of weeks ago. It is being used by an Italian priest in London. I'm not sure that he fully appreciates what he has. I asked him to let me know if he's ever tempted to rid of it.

7578097230_b81a864e98_c.jpg

Fiat Regata by dieselnutjob, on Flickr

7578085236_b480ac8d0a_c.jpg

7578090718_ec30414e43_c.jpg

7578080522_f9cab23cc9_c.jpg

Going by the state of the steering wheel, that mileage could be genuine :shock:

Which would explain why it's so well preserved. I was going to say that the big fella upstairs had indeed smiled on a priest's car; but now I'm more inclined to think it'll need not just a good Waxoyl'ing, but Keith Moon'ed into a pool of the stuff.

Astonishing find, especially in that condition. There was a decorator/handyman round here, who had a Regata Weekend until a few years ago; it would be fair to say it was more patch than Fiat, but that's the way of it with these.

• 6 months later...

I think I need to be clear about the state of this car.

It was driving perfectly well and legally until two months ago.

The MOT has expired.

The tax has expired.

Two front tyres are borderline.

The car bent it's distributor. I have no idea what could cause this.

A replacement distributor has been sourced from Malta and comes with the car but has not been fitted.

If you want to drive away you will need to be able to fit the distributor first. The car is in a secure location and someone can work on it where it is if they want.

That is about all that I know about it.

That is a fantastic find! :D Nearly brought a late G reg Regata 100 I.E SX 4dr in metalic silver about 11 years ago but as I hadn't long passed my test I couldn't afford the insurance. :( That one had no mot or sills etheir but that didn't put me off it. If I had the cash myself then I would have had this in a second always liked the Regata and the Strada's as my dad had a last of the line Strada a 1988 E reg 70CL Team which was a great family car.

Keep us updated if nobody does have it then I'll beg my dad and brother for a family loan if I can. This is a real gem that deserves to stay on UK roads.