Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Don't know if it's of any interest on here but a guy on FB has a load of boxed Vanguards Hidden Treasures and Boy Racer editions. (A few on here have shown interest when I've posted my own collections on here). £6 each he wants for them which is pretty good,  some of them do go for quite a bit more. I can pass any interest on as I'm in the process of buying a few models from the guy (yep, lasted long didn't I?)

Screenshot_20221023_165249_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.10a28dbeab2cd12254b21fe3df14918d.jpg

Screenshot_20221023_164846_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.3eca021ff9e8261cab30d22d5c9f7203.jpg

Screenshot_20221023_164834_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.1da6324d56e3ba0fe9eba2d728e2a199.jpg

Screenshot_20221023_164827_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.751cee50ed4f4d9b1be05578ac494bbe.jpg

1 minute ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Can imagine.

You don't have to

20200211_15090020200205_15362520190509_101929

20200205_153310

If it makes you feel any better, getting to visit shops like this comes as a result of some very long days and nights. The job this week got delayed by the firm building the units we were installing, so instead of loading Tuesday morning and staying in a hotel in France, we were helping finish them in London on Wednesday at 7PM, thrashed to Paris overnight, arriving at 4am after getting customs checks done, a few hours of cold, uncomfortable sleep in the van with my boss snoring and farting next to me and drug dealers lurking nearby, followed by a 7.30 start at the Nike shop - at 9.30 we were done so set off for Berlin, arriving at 9.45pm at a Hotel where all the shops and restaurants close at 10, eventually managing to get a pizza delivered before a shower and the bliss of an actual bed - until getting up in time to be at the next Nike shop at 6am, then another straight after thanks to our squeezed schedule. After having to find materials and make/replace a part the manufacturer had cocked up, we finished at 2pm and spent the next four hours wandering around Berlin sightseeing and die cast hunting, before a decent night's sleep leading to a 9am onwards drive home. I got indoors at midnight last night...

12 minutes ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Would be great to find something here with even 1% of that stock/range.

EFA!

8 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

Exactly, it's crap here for cars, and the internet seems to be swarming with scalpers. 

Also EFA.

Bit of a strange one here and if there was a Miniature ebay bargains thread, maybe should go there.

What do people think of this on ebay?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134293904788

It has 6 days to go and already on £42!

Now I know these go for strong money and glad I got one for Mrs Concern's summer house some years back (my original childhood one is broken and painted red!), but this looks to me like a bodged up worn out one not...

Here we have an AMAZING example of a vintage all original #485 Dinky Mini Countryman with surfer & x2 boards boxed diecast set. In very near mint/mint condition. The best I've ever seen.

To me it looks like it's been repainted for a start (imperfections, fluff stuck to it etc), then looks like new  roof rack while the bumpers are pretty worn and chipped. Lastly look at the headlights! Overall it just looks wrong, or is it just me?

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, FakeConcern said:

Bit of a strange one here and if there was a Miniature ebay bargains thread, maybe should go there.

What do people think of this on ebay?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134293904788

It has 6 days to go and already on £42!

Now I know these go for strong money and glad I got one for Mrs Concern's summer house some years back (my original childhood one is broken and painted red!), but this looks to me like a bodged up worn out one not...

To me it looks like it's been repainted for a start (imperfections, fluff stuck to it etc), then looks like new  roof rack while the bumpers are pretty worn and chipped. Lastly look at the headlights! Overall it just looks wrong, or is it just me?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not something I've ever seen before/know anything about so feel free to ignore me. Obviously something funny going on with the headlamps, but otherwise I'd say it looks identical to this one - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253878502247  .... and considering that one's more than £600, I'd hope it was a pukka original. Bumpers are similarly 'rough' and the roof rack look brand new. The paint quality is also very similar. I reckon if that has been in a box for most of its life that could well be genuine. Are the headlamps glued in? Could it be losing its 'stick' and they're starting to slip out?

Anyway, this one for £30 looks a much better bet to my eyes https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204131066255