warren t claim

Infamous Shite in History.

3 hours ago, warren t claim said:

During my more idle moments this week I've been pondering this unsolved case from north of the border. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_MacRae

wm1.PNG.27526ead670ce88ec24a0f53ed450d61.PNG

One of those events that could be as simple as a drunk man crashing a Volvo or an assassination. The explanation that SNP firebrand Macrae crashed and then shot himself with his own antique firearm in a fit of remorse strikes me as a bit pat. Your going to have a massive hit of adrenaline after rolling a car.  It will be a rare high for a depression sufferer and not a likely moment to top yourself. Christ its only a totalled maroon Volvo. 

A man with a lot of enemies. The British nuclear industry amongst them. 

macrae 11.jpg

macrae 2.jpg

On 11/15/2011 at 9:26 AM, Vin said:

_48507120_gow2.jpg

Ian Gow was blown up by the IRA in 1990. He died in his Montego.

_48507121_gow1.jpg

If you want an 'Infamous Shitefest' you should read the description of the Hungerford Massacre. Random deaths and shite aplenty :(

I remember seeing footage of the Hungerford Massacre that poor copper in the Vauxhall Senator riddled with bullets didnt stand a chance :( 

9 hours ago, Skut said:

One of those events that could be as simple as a drunk man crashing a Volvo or an assassination. The explanation that SNP firebrand Macrae crashed and then shot himself with his own antique firearm in a fit of remorse strikes me as a bit pat. Your going to have a massive hit of adrenaline after rolling a car.  It will be a rare high for a depression sufferer and not a likely moment to top yourself. Christ its only a totalled maroon Volvo. 

A man with a lot of enemies. The British nuclear industry amongst them. 

macrae 11.jpg

macrae 2.jpg

Wouldn't be the first - Karen Silkwood? Just sayin'

On 11/1/2017 at 12:17 PM, Datsuncog said:

Conservative MP and Shadow Northern Ireland Minister Airey Neave's Mk1 Cavalier, following the detonation of an INLA bomb which killed him while leaving the Houses of Parliament underground carpark in March 1979. Security to the car park was stepped up as a result. I first saw this picture in an 'Illustrated History of the 20th Century' library book as a kid, and it made me stop because it looked so ordinary on one level (Cav coming out of a car park), and so definitely not ordinary on another.

post-17915-0-14439400-1509537446_thumb.jpgpost-17915-0-93689600-1509537454_thumb.jpgpost-17915-0-34072500-1509537469_thumb.jpg

As an ex-WW2 army officer on the cusp of becoming the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, Neave was seen by militant Republicans as a "legitimate target". Some more moderate Nationalists however despaired at the killing, as Neave's experiences as a POW in Colditz had left him with an abiding hatred of torture and human rights abuses. He had already vowed to gather evidence and take action in his capacity as SoS against allegations of brutality and collusion by elements of the security forces in Northern Ireland. SDLP leader Gerry Fitt commented at the time, "those responsible for his death may have killed a friend rather than an enemy."

Remember this one as my dad had just got a Mk1 Cavalier himself. I thought it was weird that someone of influence and power was driving the same car as my dad. But if someone wanted to be under the radar then it's a good choice to be in something that blends in. 

Didn't know Neave's history (I was a kid) until much later, at the time I thought he was just another politician. Gerry Fitt's comment made way more sense after that.